Wiry Kinked Hair Strand

Peatful

Today was my third time in ~2 years where a single kinked wiry hair came from my scalp.

Color is usually different as well as this weird thick texture.
Short in length at time of hair fall (2").

Ideas?

Is this due to aging?
Hormone imbalance?
Metabolism related?

I did have TE (telogen effluvium) twice in the last three years.
Is that the connection?

Thx!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a few wiry ones too. Mine are always gray. I'm interested as well to see if someone has an answer to your question.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
IMG_0649.JPG
I took a picture to show you @Peatful but I don't think the detail comes through good enough. I'm 48 so I thought it might be part of aging but it seems like I had more wiry ones 5 years ago so hormones or metabolism could be involved.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

View attachment 8116 I took a picture to show you @Peatful but I don't think the detail comes through good enough. I'm 48 so I thought it might be part of aging but it seems like I had more wiry ones 5 years ago so hormones or metabolism could be involved.
Thx for sending picture @Blossom .
Mine, no longer in my scalp, was much more mutated.
Super wiry. Thick shaft. Kinked.
To me, yours looks like healthy normal greying hair?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
To me, yours looks like healthy normal greying hair?
Thanks. That's what my hair stylist said too but I don't really notice wiry hair that sticks straight up on other people. Sometimes I occasionally trim an unruly one when I can't get it to cooperate.:bucktooth:

I hope someone has some ideas on this wiry hair phenomena. I'm overall happy with my hair but it does seem to have changed a bit with age.

jyb

Kinked and grey on the side seems like a common hair ageing pattern in men. I wonder why it's the side of the head affected first.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals