Wiping After Bowel Movements

Vinny

Bidet is a very good thing of course. However, because I`ve got no one and can`t install in my home, a simple trick works for me. After an incomplete evacuation (and I know when it`s incomplete) I make a quick enema, and dump all the remaining content of my rectum. You must not leave anything behind, you know..... It works like magic.

mrchibbs

Ofc not. It depends on the individual. Someone might correct their bowel issues by eliminating problematic foods and take AC, whereas someone else might have to take more drastic steps.

Sometimes it is that simple. I enjoy cascara personally, use infrequently it seems to keep my digestion and gut health in optimal shape.
Carrot salad daily, mushroom soup to vary.

I'd love to use granulated activated charcoal but I had a few choking experiences during my illness and I'm a bit scared of not being able to swallow it properly.

mrchibbs

I currently have capsules do you know where I can get powder in the UK?

Just break open the capsules, make a little slurry at the bottom of a glass, and fill with juice, and down it.

shine

+1 for the squatty potty. One of the best inventions man has ever come up with.

mrchibbs

ddjd

It has been resolving my gut problems the same way despite the annoyance of fruits. I never gave 5-20mg Li+ doses a long enough chance since not without risks, but with carbs/ribose I imagine should be able to handle the orotate and Li effects.
why is ribose important when taking lithium?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'd love to use granulated activated charcoal but I had a few choking experiences during my illness and I'm a bit scared of not being able to swallow it properly.
Lol, happened to me too....with the fine powdered AC. Pretty bad experience. Now I stir it in with 1/2 cup water and no more issues.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I currently have capsules do you know where I can get powder in the UK?
No idea sorry. I get mine from the local food store. Health stores should have it as well.

mrchibbs

Lol, happened to me too....with the fine powdered AC. Pretty bad experience. Now I stir it in with 1/2 cup water and no more issues.

It's good that we can laugh about it latter, cause choking is pretty traumatic.

I remember when I was a teenager I used to pop like 8-10 capsules of fish oil (I know...) at once with no fear of choking and minimal water. Ooh times of blissful ignorance!

Terma

why is ribose important when taking lithium?
Orotic acid - Wikipedia (uridine precursor) The pentose phosphate pathway has to work at least in the endogenous pathways, dietary intake I'm not 100% sure its fate but because Li+ is associated with pathways like Akt you'd need carbs anyway. It'd be interesting the find the mechanism this works exactly, but several possible, pleasant surprise since my squatting days were already over. Enemas though...

baccheion

I'm taking megadose D3 (60,000 IU + 2 Naturelo One Daily + 30 mg MK-4 + 40 sprays magnesium oil spray). After a 5-day dry fast last year, I've been borderline ghost wiping. I eat 12 soft-boiled (truly pastured organic) eggs and a 5lb bag of potatoes each day.

Calcium hardens stool. Magnesium and other things have the opposite effect.

ddjd

Orotic acid - Wikipedia (uridine precursor) The pentose phosphate pathway has to work at least in the endogenous pathways, dietary intake I'm not 100% sure its fate but because Li+ is associated with pathways like Akt you'd need carbs anyway. It'd be interesting the find the mechanism this works exactly, but several possible, pleasant surprise since my squatting days were already over. Enemas though...
from what I've read lithium will deplete inositol and iodine so very important to take these two alongside. but I'll look into ribose thanks for the info

OP
J

Jing

Is it safe to take long term? I assume when you stop taking it you have to wipe more again ? Not a cure right?

Terma

You don't necessarily need the supplement (or I don't know what dose/threshold) but the intracellular PPP has to work (thiamine etc.). I don't take too much nowadays for fear of feeding the wrong pathogens, but it does feel like it sustains energy. Yeah some iodine and working thyroid.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is it safe to take long term? I assume when you stop taking it you have to wipe more again ? Not a cure right?
I take it x2-x3 a week just for safe keeping. It might be a cure for some, but others might have another root cause.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
+1 on the bidet. I installed a Tushy bidet on my toilet (lol) recently and would never look back. I just use that and baby wipes. After the bidet, there's practically nothing at all when I use baby wipes.

I also highly recommend a Lillipad, which can be found here:

Lillipad Squatting Platform

Benefits of squatting here:

Health Benefits of the Natural Squatting Position

Dietary advice is great, but IMO the bidet is the easiest solution. More sanitary and probably healthier in the long run as well. The Lillipad is awesome and stable as a rock.

Very good, Jib, I bought a squatting 'step' when they were sold at Costoc a few years ago, I don't always use it but it really helps if the bowel movement is not coming out right away. I have 3-4 bowel movements a day, all mostly easy. I noticed that the stool hardens and the bowel movement becomes more difficult due to dehydration. So drinking enough water is important, as has been already pointed out.

Reading an article on Dr. Mercola's website regarding the improvement in hygiene with the use of a bidet and due to the toilet paper crisis, I finally did install a bidet in the master bathroom. I LOVE it, it is so much cleaner! I still use some toilet paper, since after the drying cycle there are still some wet spots, but I cut down my paper uses drastically and feel really clean afterwards. So I can only highly recommend it. I choose the Brondell Swash CS1000 for $499.00 from Costco, I had to install a power outlet with GFI next to the toilet, that itself was a little task and hurdle. I also replaced the shut-off valve, since the old one had a leaking old rubber seal, now I have one with a ball valve.

Regarding digestive problems, a single use of antibiotics can ruin the gut biome in the digestive track. Too much iodine supplementation can lead to bloating , I recently learned by reading Dr. Peat's comments on iodine supplementation and researching the side effects of too my iodine supplementation, while vitamin C and magnesium will promote easy bowel movement.

If the intestine has the wrong digestive 'bugs', then I am not sure what to recommend. Look at mmstestimonials.co, there are a lot of posts on various health issues including COVID-19, chlorine dioxide may help clean up the gut to get rid of intestinal parasites. But I am really not in a position to argue that it won't harm the 'good' digestive bacteria, since many people experience diarrhea when start using it. How would chlorine dioxide distinguish between good and bad intestinal bacteria? However, I am taking 3-4 drops activated 1-2 times a day as a preventative against the COVID-19 and my digestion is very good, so that may be taken as a reference. There is also a 'new' way to improve digestion, it is called 'Fecal Implant', actually this technique must be very old, since the mother of a newborn elephant will give the baby of her poop to eat, which has all the needed intestinal bacteria to help the baby elephant 'seed' its digestive track to digest food.

Regards, Stephan

StephanF

Forum Supporter
One more thought: A nice of mine had an issue from birth, her bowel had a 'kink' and I think her parents had to give her enemas, but I am not sure. So a physical exam may be needed to ensure that there is no physical obstruction. I don't think she had surgery, I didn't ask. Maybe she outgrew the problem.

Regards, Stephan

managing

Glycine. 1g 10 minutes before every meal. As RP has noted, glycine is an instant energy source and it literally gives the bowels the energy to digest the food. This reduces inflammation and "soothes the bowel" as Dr. P has stated. Leads to dark, consistent BM. Not 100% ghost wipe, but drastic improvement.

Oh, and, although he generally doesn't like aminos in isolation, glycine he approves of. He told me it is so easily digested that taking it in isolation doesn't require the body to spend energy and nutritional resources to assimilate it.

EIRE24

I'm taking megadose D3 (60,000 IU + 2 Naturelo One Daily + 30 mg MK-4 + 40 sprays magnesium oil spray). After a 5-day dry fast last year, I've been borderline ghost wiping. I eat 12 soft-boiled (truly pastured organic) eggs and a 5lb bag of potatoes each day.

Calcium hardens stool. Magnesium and other things have the opposite effect.
Is this your whole diet? Eggs and potatoes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals