Winter Induced Symptoms

george123

Around the end of winter I begin to suffer symptoms that I am certain are due to a lack of sunlight and the hormones which it generates. I have observed that many of these symptoms, listed below, disappear with supplementation and light therapy:

Airway inflammation (iodine and light therapy)
Eczema (vitamin D3)
Leukonychia or white marks on most fingernails (?)

Nothing so far seems to stop the Leukonychia other than the summer sun. Does anyone have any idea what hormones I may be deficient in and what I can do to treat it?

Thank you

Last edited:

redsun

Around the end of winter I begin to suffer certain symptoms that I am certain are due to a lack of sunlight and the hormones which it generates. I have observed that many of these symptoms, listed below, disappear with supplementation and light therapy:

Eczema (vitamin D3)

Nothing so far seems to stop the Leukonychia other than the summer sun. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to treat it

You see mentioned in many places that white marks on fingernails is a sign of zinc deficiency. Don't know how true it is.

Evgenij

I have read that selenium and calcium can also be responsible for white fingernails.

Around the end of winter I begin to suffer symptoms that I am certain are due to a lack of sunlight and the hormones which it generates. I have observed that many of these symptoms, listed below, disappear with supplementation and light therapy:

Eczema (vitamin D3)

Nothing so far seems to stop the Leukonychia other than the summer sun. Does anyone have any idea what hormones I may be deficient in and what I can do to treat it?

Thank you

How high is your d3 intake?

Michaelk3

I had white spots on my nails nearly my entire life. I fixed it with a liquid calcium supplement. There's one on Amazon by the name Zemvelo. Tastes gross but it works great. I only took 1-2 cap fulls a day. Also a vitamin D light would be a great investment. I live near Seattle and it made a huge difference for me. Check out the Sperti Vitamin D light. Not the red one.

aniciete

I had white spots on my nails nearly my entire life. I fixed it with a liquid calcium supplement. There's one on Amazon by the name Zemvelo. Tastes gross but it works great. I only took 1-2 cap fulls a day. Also a vitamin D light would be a great investment. I live near Seattle and it made a huge difference for me. Check out the Sperti Vitamin D light. Not the red one.
The red one is actually more like the sun in the UV range compared to the white lamp. The red lamp has just as much UVB + more UVA.
15E3CA9D-684C-466D-B4C5-1BE099E2688A.jpeg

Michaelk3

The red one is actually more like the sun in the UV range compared to the white lamp. The red lamp has just as much UVB + more UVA. View attachment 46042

Is more UVA good though? In the Sperti studies, the people who used the UVB dominant light raised their Vit D levels higher. The red one is 80% UVA and the Vit D one is 80%UVB/20% UVA. Where'd you find this graph?