• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Winter Fruits?

jj101

What is the best carbohydrate to have in winter?

It is winter time here in England / Holland and I have been having a lot of orange juice and grape with the occasional potato but it is starting to get a bit monotonous.

Also what effect dose the fact fruits are imported have on there nutrition? I have had a quick goggle but I am struggling to find any clear answer.

Thanks for any response

Birdie

I noticed nobody has answered this one :lol:

I'll tell you what we're doing. Lots of oj. Then peaches, pears, and apples canned in glass with only sugar added. So, they come cooked. I usually drain these and bake the fruit with lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, or maybe cinnamon. Then I dot it with butter and put in low oven.

Also, I re-cook applesauce that comes in a jar. This has too much pectin but I do it anyway.

That's all I can think of right now. Sometimes I see grapes. Sometimes I suck orange slices. It's not fun like summer.