Willow Bark Extract Vs Aspirin

Francisco

Is willow bark extract a safe and effective alternative to aspirin?
I can’t find any aspirin that doesn’t have harmful additives like talc, aluminum, titanium, etc. in the tablet.

Literally

I use willow bark itself in my tea. It seems effective to me. Be very careful not to over dose.

See also a recent Danny Roddy video where he shows how to let a tablet dissolve in water, most of the fillers remain in the bottom and then he just decants into another glass.

Abba

But why not have Willow Bark as a first choice instead of ASA. It's a natural herb? Esp if it works also?

Literally

It's natural... not an herb per se, but a natural bark!

How it differs from the isolated stuff someone else would have to comment. Feels different to me, but a relatively modest dose of the bark is too much for me. I have no basis to say this really, but in my mind it's sort of like a drug like marinol versus cannibis having a wider variety of the same basic time of molecule. I think with the pills your dose of the most commonly desired molecule can be higher. Can anyone speak more definitively?

OP
Francisco

Francisco

It's natural... not an herb per se, but a natural bark!

How it differs from the isolated stuff someone else would have to comment. Feels different to me, but a relatively modest dose of the bark is too much for me. I have no basis to say this really, but in my mind it's sort of like a drug like marinol versus cannibis having a wider variety of the same basic time of molecule. I think with the pills your dose of the most commonly desired molecule can be higher. Can anyone speak more definitively?

I have willow bark extract but I haven’t used it. I will likely return it and buy some aspirin instead. As far as I can tell aspirin seems much safer. There are many more factors to consider when taking willow bark extract as it has many more compounds in it, and there’s no telling how much salicin is in the extract unless clearly stated.

Literally

All true... but I crave willow bark in my tea, I don't really crave aspirin.
In many cases the natural medicine has a wider "spectrum" of compounds for good reason :)
I am about to start adding back in some aspirin pills in the morning though.

Epistrophy

I use willow bark itself in my tea. It seems effective to me. Be very careful not to over dose.

See also a recent Danny Roddy video where he shows how to let a tablet dissolve in water, most of the fillers remain in the bottom and then he just decants into another glass.

Do you have a link to this video?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals