Willam Koch Vindicated - Ethylenedione Exists!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has written about Koch and his famous cancer therapies involving the mysterious compound Glyoxylide. One of the official reasons given by FDA for banning Koch's remedies and medical practice was that the compound did not exists and thus Koch's claims were fraudulent. Now, after a century of efforts, it looks like the compound has finally been synthesized and available for study.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... edMessage=
http://www.sciencealert.com/existence-o ... -a-century

"...Scientists in the US have come up with the first definitive evidence for the existence of a molecule called ethylenedione (or ‘OCCO’), which has, until now, been classified as a hypothetical chemical compound. Not only does this discovery solve a mystery that has troubled generations of chemists for over 100 year, but because the molecule is thought to play a role in an array of chemical reactions related to everything from industrial processes to atmospheric chemistry, it offers huge potential for further research.

"...We are not talking about some complex compound here. This is a small molecule with only four atoms and an 'obvious' structure. Shouldn't modern science be able to tackle it?” lead researcher Andrei Sanov from the University of Arizona said in a press release. "And yet, it had never been observed, neither as a substance nor as a transient species, despite a century-long history of attempts."
Since the OCCO molecule was first suggested in 1913, scientists have been trying to confirm its existence, but with little success. The most controversial attempt occurred during the 1940s, when Detroit physician William Frederick Koch claimed that he’d not only managed to synthesise the much-sought-after compound, but that it was the active component of a 'wonder drug' called Glyoxylide.
Koch claimed his discovery could cure everything from cancer to diabetes, and although the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classified the discovery as fraudulent, the myth of Glyoxylide as an antidote to cancer lives on.
Wonder drug properties aside, we can now confirm that OCCO is real, and its simplistic structure is as beautiful as we could have imagined
. You probably even learnt how to write it out if you did chemistry in high school: O=C=C=O. The team says the unstable nature of the molecule is what made it so hard to find, saying it splits into two carbon monoxide (CO) fragments after half a nanosecond or so of existence. This type of transient molecule is called a diradical."
"..."One important result of our work is the end of the long-standing controversy surrounding the existence of this molecule," Sanov adds. "The theoretical predictions were correct - the transient OCCO diradical does exist. We have finally found it."

Last edited:

schultz

I always found the Ray's stories about William Koch so fascinating so this news is very exciting.

I know very little about chemistry, and what I'm about to say may sounds ridiculous, but if O=C=C=O is what Koch happened to be synthesizing, and he was able to keep it stable somehow until giving it to the patient, is it possible that when given to a patient the molecule could somehow combine with oxygen molecules inside the body and form CO2? Like a little CO2 generator. I'm guessing that the substance wasn't turning into CO in the body, considering carbon monoxide is pretty toxic.

Haidut, since you have a much better grasp of science than myself, how do you think the Koch reagent works physiologically, assuming it was the molecule Koch used to cure cancer and assuming that Koch actually was curing cancer? (I like to think he was curing cancer because I like to believe in conspiracies. Plus I trust in Ray's opinions of people.)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
schultz said:
I always found the Ray's stories about William Koch so fascinating so this news is very exciting.

I know very little about chemistry, and what I'm about to say may sounds ridiculous, but if O=C=C=O is what Koch happened to be synthesizing, and he was able to keep it stable somehow until giving it to the patient, is it possible that when given to a patient the molecule could somehow combine with oxygen molecules inside the body and form CO2? Like a little CO2 generator. I'm guessing that the substance wasn't turning into CO in the body, considering carbon monoxide is pretty toxic.

Haidut, since you have a much better grasp of science than myself, how do you think the Koch reagent works physiologically, assuming it was the molecule Koch used to cure cancer and assuming that Koch actually was curing cancer? (I like to think he was curing cancer because I like to believe in conspiracies. Plus I trust in Ray's opinions of people.)

I think Ray said that Koch's remedy acted like a powerful electron withdrawing/accepting agent - i.e. restoring electron flow and thus proper oxidative metabolism. He said that Koch did research with the quinones including CoQ10 and they were not as powerful as his remedy but the principle was the same. Koch's last work was with lapachone, which is a quinone, and similar to vitamin K (also a napthoquinone) and the tetracyclines in structure. I posted a study showing the tetracyclines being effective against at least 20 types of human cancers. Methylene blue acts in a very similar way.
http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-200875-b-lapachone.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12188909

I still want to know what Krebiozen is :cool:

schultz

haidut said:
schultz said:

I think Ray said that Koch's remedy acted like a powerful electron withdrawing/accepting - i.e. restoring electron flow and thus proper oxidative metabolism. He said that Koch did research with the quinones including CoQ10 and there were not as powerful as his remedy but the principle was the same. Koch's last work was with lapachone, which is a quinone and similar to vitamin K (also a napthoquinone) and the tetracyclines in structure. I posted a study showing the tetracyclines being effective against at least 20 types of human cancers. Methylene blue acts in a very similar way.

Oh yah I think I remember him saying that in the P&S interview...

... my idea was stupid :cry:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
schultz said:
haidut said:
schultz said:

I think Ray said that Koch's remedy acted like a powerful electron withdrawing/accepting - i.e. restoring electron flow and thus proper oxidative metabolism. He said that Koch did research with the quinones including CoQ10 and there were not as powerful as his remedy but the principle was the same. Koch's last work was with lapachone, which is a quinone and similar to vitamin K (also a napthoquinone) and the tetracyclines in structure. I posted a study showing the tetracyclines being effective against at least 20 types of human cancers. Methylene blue acts in a very similar way.

Oh yah I think I remember him saying that in the P&S interview...

... my idea was stupid :cry:

I don't think it was stupid. CO2 is an electron acceptor and a pretty good one at that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_ ... r#Examples

It can serve as a terminal electron acceptor in place of oxygen in many metabolic reactions.
https://books.google.com/books?id=kyAZ4 ... or&f=false

burtlancast

I believe Koch used homeopatic dilutions to create Glyoxylide.

The establishment used this to claim his product contained no active compound at all.

mujuro

Wilfrid

mujuro said:
Wilfrid said:
A friend, doing cancer medical research, told me about " methylglyoxal " few years ago. Most of the research with it was done in India.
This molecule appear to be very similar and, may be, more easier to get with the use of certains foods ( but achieving a therapeutic amount with just food could probably be not enough though.).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18533369
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/goxy.htm

Isn't that in Manuka honey?

Hi,
Yes, it's in Manuka honey but other foods do contains it as well but to a lesser extent.
Ray also made reference to it ( methylglyoxal ) in, at least, one of his articles. Charlie has already posted Ray's article:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5764&p=68480&hilit=Methylglyoxal#p68480

dannibo

Ray has written about Koch and his famous cancer therapies involving the mysterious compound Glyoxylide. One of the official reasons given by FDA for banning Koch's remedies and medical practice was that the compound did not exists and thus Koch's claims were fraudulent. Now, after a century of efforts, it looks like the compound has finally been synthesized and available for study.

"...Scientists in the US have come up with the first definitive evidence for the existence of a molecule called ethylenedione (or ‘OCCO’), which has, until now, been classified as a hypothetical chemical compound. Not only does this discovery solve a mystery that has troubled generations of chemists for over 100 year, but because the molecule is thought to play a role in an array of chemical reactions related to everything from industrial processes to atmospheric chemistry, it offers huge potential for further research.

"...We are not talking about some complex compound here. This is a small molecule with only four atoms and an 'obvious' structure. Shouldn't modern science be able to tackle it?” lead researcher Andrei Sanov from the University of Arizona said in a press release. "And yet, it had never been observed, neither as a substance nor as a transient species, despite a century-long history of attempts."
Since the OCCO molecule was first suggested in 1913, scientists have been trying to confirm its existence, but with little success. The most controversial attempt occurred during the 1940s, when Detroit physician William Frederick Koch claimed that he’d not only managed to synthesise the much-sought-after compound, but that it was the active component of a 'wonder drug' called Glyoxylide.
Koch claimed his discovery could cure everything from cancer to diabetes, and although the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classified the discovery as fraudulent, the myth of Glyoxylide as an antidote to cancer lives on.
Wonder drug properties aside, we can now confirm that OCCO is real, and its simplistic structure is as beautiful as we could have imagined
. You probably even learnt how to write it out if you did chemistry in high school: O=C=C=O. The team says the unstable nature of the molecule is what made it so hard to find, saying it splits into two carbon monoxide (CO) fragments after half a nanosecond or so of existence. This type of transient molecule is called a diradical."
"..."One important result of our work is the end of the long-standing controversy surrounding the existence of this molecule," Sanov adds. "The theoretical predictions were correct - the transient OCCO diradical does exist. We have finally found it."
I'm anxious to know why triquinoyl is supposed to match glyoxilide from Koch. He explained I think that Glyoxilide was formed and acted as two seperate Carbonyl groups o=c=c=o and o=c=c=c=o and if o=c=c=o spilts instantly do you think it binds with the larger molecule. also can you direct me where i can find Kochs other cures. Thx

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm anxious to know why triquinoyl is supposed to match glyoxilide from Koch. He explained I think that Glyoxilide was formed and acted as two seperate Carbonyl groups o=c=c=o and o=c=c=c=o and if o=c=c=o spilts instantly do you think it binds with the larger molecule. also can you direct me where i can find Kochs other cures. Thx

The triquinoyl is just a trimer of the glyoxilide.
Cyclohexanehexone - Wikipedia

dannibo

Thank you for the answer, I would like to read some stuff you wrote about Dr. Koch and do you think his triple distillation of water is necessary. He succosed but I do recall him writing he just added 1cc glyoxilide to a litre of water. Whats your take on this if you would be so kind.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the answer, I would like to read some stuff you wrote about Dr. Koch and do you think his triple distillation of water is necessary. He succosed but I do recall him writing he just added 1cc glyoxilide to a litre of water. Whats your take on this if you would be so kind.

I don't know much about his methods. Ray may know more, and I think another forum user @burtlancast may also have some more info. I think Koch's work is continuing to be used less officially in Europe and some Latin American countries.

Capt Nirvana

Capt Nirvana

William F. Koch wrote, "Cancer is an incipient organ." This is indeed an exciting concept. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals