Will You Get Too Much Carotene From Eating A Raw Carrot With Every Meal?

LucH said:
post 98710
Amazoniac said:
post 98707 What do you mean?
if there are pieces carrots in your stools, they haven't been digested very well, as you can see the orange color. Not normal. These are soluble fibers (both soluble and insoluble, in fact).
I would diminish the quantity, otherwise you'll get inflammation, and afterwards a possibly leaky gut...
:hattip
LucH

Do you have a moment for our lord and savior Resistant Starch? :ss2

Last edited by a moderator:

jyb

LucH said:
post 98710
Amazoniac said:
post 98707 What do you mean?
if there are pieces carrots in your stools, they haven't been digested very well, as you can see the orange color. Not normal. These are soluble fibers (both soluble and insoluble, in fact).
I would diminish the quantity, otherwise you'll get inflammation, and afterwards a possibly leaky gut...
LucH

What makes you think the undigested carrot fiber is inflammatory? I would have thought it is very anti-inflammatory.

LucH

jyb said:
post 98716 What makes you think the undigested carrot fiber is inflammatory? I would have thought it is very anti-inflammatory.
It should be for most people but not when lumen is inflammed. In fact, it's just a captation for toxins and to dampen estrogens.
Pause with raw vegetable (less). Aloe vera (inflammation) and L-glutamine to feed enterocytes.
I would also take boswellia serrata against inflammation, twice a day.
When quiet, I alternate raw and cooked vegetables.
LH

d3Os2lG.gif

SQu

Maybe aversion is indeed connected to ability to deal with carotene. I had slightly orange calluses and couldn't eat the salad even washed, more than a week or two at a time. Long gaps before I could consider it again. Now they're gone and I've only missed 2 days in the last 2 months and that's just by mistake.

LucH

sueq said:
post 98721 I had slightly orange calluses and couldn't eat the salad even washed, more than a week or two at a time. Long gaps before I could consider it again.
[highlight=yellow]Listen to your body[/highlight]: Your brain is trying to send a message. Stop with this food for minimum 3 months, before it 's marked "rubbish" or "toxin". Otherwise it will be rejected by immune system. Overload.

tara

Parsifal said:
post 98606 Will you get too much carotene from eating a raw carrot with every meal? Is it better to take things like Psyllium instead of carrots?

Seems to depend on the person. May be affected by thyroid function, B12 levels, and what else you are eating.

Many seem to be fine with a raw carrot daily.
It seems to do me good as long as I rinse the grated carrot well. Otherwise I can't stand to eat them after about three days. I'm guessing that's the carotene, but it could be some other carrot constituent.

I'd suggest that if you have/get orange skin or callouses, or the carrot doesn't taste good, try rinsing. If it's still not good, try (cooked) bamboo shoots. Otherwise, munch away.

milk_lover

For me, raw carrots increase my libido. I don't eat them at every meal though. One or maximum two carrots a day. I eat them raw like a rabbit and afterwards I eat one or two spoons of refined coconut oil (Louana). The main reason maybe is that it clears my intestines and keeps my digestion system work nicely. Or it could be because of the coconut oil lol. I have a belief we need some sort of fiber everyday, either from carrots, bamboo shoots, solid fruits like dates or even potato (I don't like to eat potatoes). Carrots make me less bloated and keeps water retention at bay.. Not sure if carrots are the main reason, but they certainly help (at least help me personally). When I eat them and I don't like their taste, I throw them.. I buy another batch.. Going by taste is generally a good way.

Experienced

my Stool was yesterday too much orange and I just saw some of the carrots, but I can feel the benefits of carrots that it is lowering prolactin
In the morning after drinking coffee my stomach Burbs and I need to go to the toilet every after drinking coffee and coffee is very laxative btw.

Experienced

my Stool was yesterday too much orange and I just saw some of the carrots, but I can feel the benefits of carrots that it is lowering prolactin
In the morning after drinking coffee my stomach Burbs and I need to go to the toilet every after drinking coffee and coffee is very laxative btw.

and try to eat every morning oats..

OBB

I'm thinking about ethanol extraction of carotenes from carrots to make a huge carotene-free bunch and freeze it.

Abc123

Ive been having 2 Raw carrots per day. 1 first thing in the morning 1 hour before a meal. Then another later in the date between meals.

I do have carrot in my stools. Is this bad? Any reasoning for it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals