• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Will Thorne research liquid vitamin K2 absorb through the skin?

LucyL

See title thank you
My experience says yes. When I first started using aspirin regularly, I was taking the K2 drops on the tongue. I noticed frequent bruising on my legs, thighs, knees... I read on this forum some people saying they had better results applying topically with a little extra oil so I switched to that method. As soon as I switched, no new bruises appeared and the existing ones resolved. As I've upped my aspirin dose, I now take K orally and topically.

TreasureVibe

My experience says yes. When I first started using aspirin regularly, I was taking the K2 drops on the tongue. I noticed frequent bruising on my legs, thighs, knees... I read on this forum some people saying they had better results applying topically with a little extra oil so I switched to that method. As soon as I switched, no new bruises appeared and the existing ones resolved. As I've upped my aspirin dose, I now take K orally and topically.
What kind of extra oil?

Jkbp

How many MCG/MG do you use daily topically? The Thorne K2 offers a high dose of 1 MG per drop.

LucyL

How many MCG/MG do you use daily topically? The Thorne K2 offers a high dose of 1 MG per drop.
The dosage Peat recommends is 1 mg K2 per tablet (325 mg) of aspirin. If I was just doing one drop per day, I would do that one topically. Any higher dosage I"ll do a percentage topically (25 - 50%). That works for me, you may find a different percentage works better for you.