Will Orange-tinted Glasses Block Harmful Blue Lights?

paymanz

I think if the light's color becomes red,orange after it pass throughout the glass , it means it filtered the blue.

However for filtering UV it needs to be especial kind of glass I believe.

sladerunner69

Will orange-tinted glasses block harmful blue lights?

Sort of but the skin is still exposed and that is the major concern. Light is "biologically active" as Dr. Peat explains and that includes the entire surface area it is exposed to. I think the eyes need blue light to regulate circadian rhythms properly as well so I wouldnt wear them at night..

meatbag

Sort of but the skin is still exposed and that is the major concern. Light is "biologically active" as Dr. Peat explains and that includes the entire surface area it is exposed to. I think the eyes need blue light to regulate circadian rhythms properly as well so I wouldnt wear them at night..

If the eyes exposure to light regulates circadian rhythm then wouldn't exposing them to blue light at night be a bad idea? Assuming the goal is for the light producing electronics to have as little impact as possible on the sleep cycle. Not sure why your saying it would be bad to block the blue light from reaching the eye at night as the blue light would signal to the brain that you need to stay awake because it's the middle of the day.

Also I think you're right about the skin still being exposed but the like you said the eyes are the most important for circadian rhythm and affecting sleep. A person could farther protect themselves from screen's blue lights by using the Peat Lights along with the orange glasses.

Last edited:

BastiFuntasty

These glasses are very good when watching TV before trying to sleep. Your view will be orange but that's the price you want to pay for undisturbed sleep rhythm.