Will Eating Venison Or Beef Daily Cause Iron Buildup?

stackz07

If so, is there a way or meal/supplement that can help with this? I try to maintain a specific weight that is a little "bulkier" and have access to a lot of venison which makes getting sufficient protein fairly easy.

Lee Simeon

I think dairy and coffee is supposed to help, but I would do a blood test if I were you.

tankasnowgod

The only accurate answer is "it depends." It really does depend on a number of factors, including body iron status, genetic predispositions, iron in the meal, frequency of meals, and and co factors that inhibit or increase iron absorption. The best way to be sure is to monitor through iron panels.

If you are a male, regular blood donation is likely a good idea, regardless.

Higher dose vitamin C can be useful at keeping iron within range. In single meal challenge tests, it's been shown to enhance non-heme iron absorption, but not heme. Longer term studies show that ferritin can go up or down (sometimes down drastically, like from 200 to 49), even when C is taken with iron containing meals.

Vitamins C and E are both good to take if you plan on eating more iron, regardless. IP6 might also be useful. But really, monitor with blood tests.

lvysaur

why would you need to eat them daily?

lampofred

Iron retention might be more dependent on your estrogen levels than on how much iron you consume.

I think high estrogen would lead to low blood iron and high tissue iron even if you are trying to limit iron consumption, and high testosterone/progesterone/GABA would probably lead to fast iron chelation even with regular meat consumption.

Motif

Iron retention might be more dependent on your estrogen levels than on how much iron you consume.

I think high estrogen would lead to low blood iron and high tissue iron even if you are trying to limit iron consumption, and high testosterone/progesterone/GABA would probably lead to fast iron chelation even with regular meat consumption.

Are you taking prog and gaba?
Does it help you to calm down mentally?

Birdie

Coke or coffee with it and donating blood as RP always says.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals