Will Coconut Oil Block Starch Presorption ?

tara

My understanding so far is that boiling starchy foods well - long enough for the starch to be thoroughly gelatinised - mitigates the risk of persorption significantly.

PeatThemAll

My understanding so far is that boiling starchy foods well - long enough for the starch to be thoroughly gelatinised - mitigates the risk of persorption significantly.

I wonder if the extrusion process (mechanical grinding to a pulp, increased pressure, increased temperature in vise) used in commercial breakfast cereal would be an advantage compared to other (whole grain) cereals, with regards to how we end up metabolizing starch.

DaveFoster

I wonder if the extrusion process (mechanical grinding to a pulp, increased pressure, increased temperature in vise) used in commercial breakfast cereal would be an advantage compared to other (whole grain) cereals, with regards to how we end up metabolizing starch.
Cereal is wonderful for digestion as far as starch goes. Too bad it's full of iron.

jyb

I'm careful to eat starch drowned in butter or double cream, as I noticed this is more likely to prevent starch symptoms I used to have. That or it just makes me less hungry for starch. I read that sat fat promotes normal tight junction permeability and protects against toxins such as alcohol to flow through the gut. In any case, this way of eating helped me achieve smooth bowel transit and is effective at preventing intestinal fermentation when I eat flour, potato, rice,... Studies suggest different fatty chain lengths have different protective effects, for this effect I use cream not coconut oil.

Last edited:
Saturated fats generally do that, but coconut oil has special antimicrobial and antiseptics properties due to its fatty acids composition.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals