Will 90+ Mg MK-4 Support 50,000 IU/day D3 And 1 Gallon Skim Milk (4g Calcium)?

baccheion

I'm wondering if much higher amounts of vitamin K2 MK-4 (split across 3 servings) are enough to support 50,000 IU/day vitamin D3 + 1 gallon skim milk (4g calcium).

How much of the calcium will really be absorbed and what's the difference between 4,000 mg with regular serum 25(OH)D and 1,500 mg with higher 25(OH)D? That is, does it not result in the same amount?

How does megadose D3 result in a problematic outcome? Increased absorption? Increased retention? Increased strain on kidneys?

I'm looking into the skim milk + orange juice + pineapple juice (+ salt + gelatin) approach.

Last edited:

ddjd

ive experimented with dosages around this amount. it's just not going to work on a daily basis, it's too much and you will notice side effects. but once a week it would be absolutely fine and probably very beneficial

OP
B

baccheion

ive experimented with dosages around this amount. it's just not going to work on a daily basis, it's too much and you will notice side effects. but once a week it would be absolutely fine and probably very beneficial
What do you mean? Did you try it with high amounts of calcium/milk? I've been taking 50,000 IU+ for almost 2 years now.

yoshiesque

Why would u want that much vit d in first place? I took 5000 iu daily for few months and my vit d levels were at 170. Usually they say anything above 40 is good.

OP
B

baccheion

Why would u want that much vit d in first place? I took 5000 iu daily for few months and my vit d levels were at 170. Usually they say anything above 40 is good.
170 ng/mL?

I've been taking megadose D3 for almost 2 years and want to try the milk + OJ combo. I'm wondering if I can start right away with more MK-4 or if I'd have to wait for serum 25(OH)D to fall.

Wolf

Taurine increases the absorption. I'd look at the Haidut post about it. I time my fat soluble to save cash in the long run.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals