Wiley Protocol

gretchen

This has become more popular the last 10-15 years or so thanks to Suzanne Somers. She does a hormone replacement regimen called The Wiley Protocol which advocates replacing hormones to levels found in 25 year olds. She says this, and her use of tons of supplements, is what has kept her "young".

I've read a few of her books and they are pretty convincing. You would think after reading one the best way to prevent aging is to start taking tons of hormones and supplements. If Suzanne has some semblance of health (she is alive after all), does this mean her regimen might be OK?

OP
G

gretchen

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy

No one is familiar with Suzanne Somer's regimen, the Wiley Protocol? She attributes her health at 70 to taking megadoses of estrogen and progesterone in the same amounts/timing as a fertile 25 year old. Just playing devil's advocate here. Suzanne claims to be in perfect health from this regimen. She has not, to my knowledge, discussed health issues such as thyroid replacement, etc, in any kind of depth, rather advocating the use of lots of hormones/supplements and a "real foods" diet as the way to manage the aging process. Despite several cancer scares, she seems to be in good health.

Here is her latest talk on "integrative medicine":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ow_hOOEsM

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think its going to be a hard sell around here to convince people that high doses of estrogen are any good. Maybe somehow the progesterone is cancelling out the estrogen I dunno.

OP
G

gretchen

I just think it's so interesting how adamant Suzanne is about her hormone regimen. I watched her integrative medicine talk and pretty much the whole thing was just a schpiel about chemicals, genes, allergies, organic food, and having access to alternative medicine doctors who prescribe hormones.

Here is a You Tube video of her gynecologist Prudence Hall who I guess probably prescribes her Wiley Protocol. Listen to what she tells Sarah the Duchess of York about hormones and aging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVPbW63-J0

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals