Wiley Protocol

gretchen

This has become more popular the last 10-15 years or so thanks to Suzanne Somers. She does a hormone replacement regimen called The Wiley Protocol which advocates replacing hormones to levels found in 25 year olds. She says this, and her use of tons of supplements, is what has kept her "young".

I've read a few of her books and they are pretty convincing. You would think after reading one the best way to prevent aging is to start taking tons of hormones and supplements. If Suzanne has some semblance of health (she is alive after all), does this mean her regimen might be OK?

gretchen

Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy

No one is familiar with Suzanne Somer's regimen, the Wiley Protocol? She attributes her health at 70 to taking megadoses of estrogen and progesterone in the same amounts/timing as a fertile 25 year old. Just playing devil's advocate here. Suzanne claims to be in perfect health from this regimen. She has not, to my knowledge, discussed health issues such as thyroid replacement, etc, in any kind of depth, rather advocating the use of lots of hormones/supplements and a "real foods" diet as the way to manage the aging process. Despite several cancer scares, she seems to be in good health.

Here is her latest talk on "integrative medicine":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ow_hOOEsM

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
I think its going to be a hard sell around here to convince people that high doses of estrogen are any good. Maybe somehow the progesterone is cancelling out the estrogen I dunno.

gretchen

I just think it's so interesting how adamant Suzanne is about her hormone regimen. I watched her integrative medicine talk and pretty much the whole thing was just a schpiel about chemicals, genes, allergies, organic food, and having access to alternative medicine doctors who prescribe hormones.

Here is a You Tube video of her gynecologist Prudence Hall who I guess probably prescribes her Wiley Protocol. Listen to what she tells Sarah the Duchess of York about hormones and aging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnVPbW63-J0

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Greg says T.S Wiley on Serotonin. Meet & Greet 11
S Protocol to make vaccine 'safer'? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
J Why was my best hair on anti DHT protocol? Hair & Nails 55
D Antiviral Protocol that worked for me Experiments 1
Lokzo The Most Comprehensive Sauna Protocol On The Internet. Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
Jayvee A safe Antibiotic Protocol Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Jayvee Reactive Dog - Reducing Stress protocol? Animals 19
Sam321 Common Sense Protocol to Minimize Damage From J & J Vaccine Ask For Help or Advice 2
Sam321 Post Xray protocol for damage reduction Ask For Help or Advice 4
Sefton10 Successful protocol for viral/fungal issues and vertigo/tinnitus Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 47
B Protocol for erections Male Issues 0
C Best Protocol To Treat Undermethylation? Ask For Help or Advice 14
L Elephatos Protocol Hair & Nails 17
M The Cuomos’ Corona Protocol - Chloride Bleach Bath? Metabolism 5
F NEW COVID-19 MANAGEMENT PROTOCOL Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
Such_Umami Critique This Fasting Protocol Ask For Help or Advice 7
Tarmander Gut Protocol For Insulin Resistance, Metabolism, And Energy Digestion, Gut Flora 49
T Methylene Blue Photodynamic Protocol For COVID19 Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 4
English Regrow Enamel? Requesting A Teeth Remineralization Protocol Oral Health 42
D Recovered Alcoholic Protocol Ask For Help or Advice 4
DannyIrons™ Help On A HIIT Sprinting Protocol? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Vinny Will Start The Iodine Protocol, Need Some Help With The Math Ask For Help or Advice 17
K Pollution Protocol Ask For Help or Advice 0
ecstatichamster Looking For New Calcium Protocol That Doesn't Upset Digestion Calcium 36
jamies33 Foolproof Nutrition Protocol For Life-long Weight Loss/PUFA Depletion Weight 94
burtlancast The Science Behind The Coimbra Protocol D 10
Peatogenic My CPTSD Has Rapidly And Consistently Dissolved After Implementing An IdeaLabs Protocol Rant or Rave 78
Alex Jaramillo DHT Protocol Blood Work, Labs 0
burtlancast Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes Put Into Remission With The High Vit D Coimbra Protocol D 22
pistachioplanet Testosterone Red Light Protocol? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 31
Tarmander Coimbra Protocol D 35
yerrag Protocol For Curing Type 2 Diabetes, Anyone? Blood Sugar 71
DaveFoster Gerson Therapy Protocol Cancer 8
Entropy Dr. Robert Cassar Stimulating Hair Growth Protocol Supplements 5
Arrade Arrade's Hair Regrowth Protocol/attempt Hair & Nails 48
M Biohacking Protocol Of An Internet Millionaire Health 25
M Problems With Diet/Protocol Diet 5
E Turkey Tail Protocol For Bacteria/virus In Brain Health 12
L Supplement Protocol For Libido Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
Insomnia High Dose K2 And Protocol! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 23
B Need Advice On Current Supplementation Protocol For Libido/Hair Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 8
Philomath LED Light Protocol Proven Beneficial For A Variety Of Cognitive Issues (PTSD, Concussions Etc.) Scientific Studies 0
achillea Vitamin D Is An Immunosupressive Hormone (Marshall Protocol) Hormones 15
E Progesterone Protocol Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
DaveFoster SIBO Treatment Protocol Digestion 62
ecstatichamster My Favorite Aspirin Protocol Aspirin 13
gilson dantas Progesterone And Pregnenolone - One Example Of Protocol Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 20
M My Summary Of The Ray Peat Protocol Metabolism 18
Kaisersozeh Protocol To Speed Healing After Surgery Ask For Help or Advice 7
Koveras Testosterone Protocol Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27