Wild Salmon Fixed Dry Skin and Improved Digestion

lvysaur

Problem is most people can't distinguish between wild salmon and farmed ones, especially when people never even seen what wild salmon looks and tastes like.

So, most people in the Philippines go into restos serving farmed salmon, they indulge in it especially in eat-all-you-cans. Feeling very healthy. The foul smell is what they mistake for real salmon flavor and taste.
I've noticed that lower-quality meat usually has more fat and grease, (most of it probably PUFA) and has a "moreish" addictive quality to it, although it's kind of rank as well

Mauritio

Peat commented on that issue apparently.
The problem just seems that increasing my dose of T3 ,increases my dry skin. It clearly seems that there is a nutrient thing going on here . I'm just not exactly sure which one . I'm guessing some b vitamin...atm I'm trying them isolatedly but results are inconclusive .
Still have to try b1,b5 ,b4 and b12 isolatedly. Maybe vitamin D and A might also play a role .
If all that doesnt work I might consider the salmon lol
So after testing all b vitamins isolatedly this in fact seems to come down to mostly a biotin deficiency.

I tried biotin for a few days a couple weeks ago and didnt notice much , so I moved on . Only when I got to vitamin B5 I remembered biotin, because my skin got a lot worse and I remebered reading somewhere on the forum that B5 uses up biotin or soemthing along those lines.
So I tried biotin at a dose of 3-4mg per day since a week ago and it does seem to keep the flaky skin in check.
It gets better, but it hasn't resolved completely, so I suspect I might need even higher doses. For now I'll stay with the dose since higher than 3mg gives me hypoglycemia, even taken with a meal.

I wonder why a little T3 seems to skyrocket my biotin requirement to unnatural levels that couldnt be achieved by consumption of any food...?

I also seem to need more riboflavin/vitamin B2, as seen by typical deficiency symptoms as dry lips and tired and blood shot eyes.

There is some evidence for the B2-T3 connection:

- Diminished Responsiveness to Thyroid Hormone in Riboflavin-deficient Rats - Nature

- Inhibition of Thyroid Hormone Induction of Mitochondrial α-Glycerophosphate Dehydrogenase in Riboflavin Deficiency1

Mauritio

I wonder why a little T3 seems to skyrocket my biotin requirement to unnatural levels that couldnt be achieved by consumption of any food...?
That quote from Peat's newsletter "Rosacea, Inflammation, and Aging:
The Inefficiency of Stress" might help to understand that situation:

"But in reality, nutritional requirements are
strongly influenced by history and present circumstances. For example, when corneal mitochondria have been damaged by riboflavin deficiency, they have been found to subsequently require more than the normal amount ofthe vitamin to function properly. And the presence of a certain amount of
one nutrient often increases or decreases the amount of other nutrients needed."

lilsticky

does chocolate seem to improve epidermal quality for anyone else? could be the copper content which im not getting anywhere else

Mauritio

does chocolate seem to improve epidermal quality for anyone else? could be the copper content which im not getting anywhere else
Yeah probably copper, caffeine or anti-oxidants.

Mauritio

It could also be a b6 deficiency:

"The idea of "essential fatty acids" (sometimes
called ">itamin F") appeared in the 1930., as a result of
tests in which rats developed a skin disease on a fahfi ee
diet, and recovered from the skin disease when fed
unsaturated fats. (Other research ... at that time observed
that the rats became hypennetabolic on the fat-free diet, as
though they were taking thyroid honnone; it was later
discovered that the unsaturated fats inhibit the secretion
and transport of thyroid hOIlllones, and block the ability of
tissues to respond to them.) Shortly after the concept of