Wild Game

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Eat the whole goose, the fat is saved and used like butter. My mother from Germany usually cooks a goose every Christmas - she did not this year. I guess that is something I can take up for the future.
Sounds delicious :)

EXCarni Lady

Goose meat as well as duck is high in PUFAs, I am not Danish but I used to make the Dansk classic roast goose with apples and prunes for guests on Christmas when I was married to my first husband.

akgrrrl

Alaska moose right up there with Montana elk, wild boar from central Texas. Occasional treat of reindeer dogs because 300 miles away is the sausage maker. At home, 50 lb king salmon caught a mile away, and always spruce hens on my gravel road easy pickins with a .22. I never bothered to try a rabbit because one moose or one big salmon processed can last for years

Mao

I occasionally eat elk, deer, kangaroo, boar or wild rabbit. I like this kind of meat as it is as pollution free as it gets and it also has a distinct taste to it. But you should know how to cook wild game since it can be tough to chew and have bad texture when badly prepared.

Parrot

I eat a small portion of kangaroo as my protein most days, enjoy goat in curries and have eaten crocodile. My butcher actually told me kangaroo (or any animal killed in the wild for that matter) is some of the best meat you can eat because it doesn't know it is about to be killed whereas anything killed at a meat works is highly stressed and tensed when it is killed.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I occasionally eat elk, deer, kangaroo, boar or wild rabbit. I like this kind of meat as it is as pollution free as it gets and it also has a distinct taste to it. But you should know how to cook wild game since it can be tough to chew and have bad texture when badly prepared.
It does have a different taste. I don’t have much experience cooking wild game but I am learning.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Alaska moose right up there with Montana elk, wild boar from central Texas. Occasional treat of reindeer dogs because 300 miles away is the sausage maker. At home, 50 lb king salmon caught a mile away, and always spruce hens on my gravel road easy pickins with a .22. I never bothered to try a rabbit because one moose or one big salmon processed can last for years
Moose sounds good. They are pretty muscular and have neat antlers!

OP
Alex Jaramillo
Goose meat as well as duck is high in PUFAs, I am not Danish but I used to make the Dansk classic roast goose with apples and prunes for guests on Christmas when I was married to my first husband.
Tons of other options as far as wild game goes though. Plus a little PUFA is not the end of the world if your enjoying the evening with loved ones :)

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I eat a small portion of kangaroo as my protein most days, enjoy goat in curries and have eaten crocodile. My butcher actually told me kangaroo (or any animal killed in the wild for that matter) is some of the best meat you can eat because it doesn't know it is about to be killed whereas anything killed at a meat works is highly stressed and tensed when it is killed.
Wow kangaroo that’s rare! I just pet some wallabies the other day and they are like baby kangaroos. Smart butcher you got there. The Japanese use this method to kill fish called “ike jime” where they pike the brain to kill it first so that the animal doesn’t stress out and deplete all its ATP on secreting stress hormones. It makes the fish quality much better. I had a good video on it but couldn’t find the exact one I saw. If I end up finding it I’ll post it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals