Wider hips + love handles in males, what to do?

Max.

If. a male have wider hips.and love handles similar to female, any solution to this problem?

i dont have.pictures of.myself, but a similar photo of this part of my body is above, mine is a bit more larger..

Any help? I was lifting but dont seems to help, i always had this problem since i was child.

i was thinking in do.some liposuction, but dont know if is worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_074124.jpg
    IMG_20201231_074124.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 102

reality

You can’t change your genetic bone shape
Lifting weights will help, especially building muscle on your lats and obliques to ‘fill out’ that x shape. chest/shoulders to appear wider

losing love handles is a case of losing body fat which is done with a calorie deficit. You may need to get super lean though because it’s generally one of the last places fat come off...

T

TheBeard

If. a male have wider hips.and love handles similar to female, any solution to this problem?

i dont have.pictures of.myself, but a similar photo of this part of my body is above, mine is a bit more larger..

Any help? I was lifting but dont seems to help, i always had this problem since i was child.

i was thinking in do.some liposuction, but dont know if is worth it.

Are you taking progesterone? If so, stop

Are you taking testosterone? If not, do

keytothecity

take test
lower E through aspirin, coffee etc.
increase adrenaline through running (in caloric deficit)
increase insulin sensitivity by either going very low fat or by seperating sugar and fat intake

Herbie

Could be from insulin resistance, Its been alleged that any back fat is from insulin resistance. Spare tyre look is high cortisol

mrchibbs

You probably need to get healthier in general. I have wider hips too, it's been a feature since I was a teenager. I think it reflects subpar metabolism for men (and low protective hormones, including progesterone, testosterone, DHEA in your formative years)

To an extent, this is your physiology and it won't look like your ideal perspective, but it can be improved. When I was healthy and active it wasn't a problem, it's just a tendency to accumulate fat in your buttocks, hips and belly.

This is the result of stress, cortisol and the increased activity of aromatase everywhere. Lots of sunshine, sleep, and progressive resistance training will help. Good exercises like sprints, barbell deadlift

Progesterone is fine for this, but it's best to combine it with an androgen, to get balanced effects. DHEA or even DHT would work great. You can apply both topically, on your body, it will absorb well after a shower.

It's going to take very significant changes to your life/environment but it's a better choice than liposuction.

mangoes

I don’t get what you mean by “genetic” bone shape? Isn’t it known that it’s hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that cause a widening of the hips?

could you elaborate on the genes you’re talking about?

Ignoramus

My hips became narrower as I improved my flexibility and started to activate the correct muscles when walking and exercising.

Are you able to squat deeply like this, with your feet flat on the floor?

qxkpTnJ.jpg

If you're talking about fat then I guess you just have to get lean and keep your androgens up, etc. Also if you add leg and core muscle it will give the illusion of narrower hips.

Last edited:

Broco6679

I guarantee you look bad because you have little to no muscle mass, not because of bone structure or fat distribution.
If you add enough size, wide hips can actually give you a 'powerful' look - think Paul Sklar, Ben Pollack, Lucas Parker, etc.
Obviously they're all on anabolics, but you get the point.

However, the fact you developed wide hips, low muscle mass and a feminine fat distribution in the first place suggests its highly likely you have low androgens. You can try and fix this by taking thyroid, preg, dhea and increasing the metabolic rate like many try here, or you can just take testosterone directly. The latter would work much better if aesthetics was the sole goal, but it wouldn't have the same overarching health benefits of the former.

Don't get liposuction - it isn't going to fix anything.

hei

What's the use of the androgens etc when you're already an adult and your bones finished growing? It's not like they're going to shrink your hips or make your shoulder bones wider.

rei

Probably you have anterior pelvic tilt
This is the answer. As i straightened my spine and fixed fascial tension/imbalance surprisingly also my hips opened up giving considerably larger mobility and love handles lessened considerably, in addition to "beer belly" reducing even though the amount of fat did not change, just with less tension and better geometry it spread out more evenly into a larger area/volume.

The general consensus of your hips setting into a shape in youth/puberty is completely wrong, it is a dynamic situation that you can fix and gain near-ballerina like mobility, being able to do splits etc even if you were stiff, wrong shape, had pelvic tilt etc.

see here for what is ultimately possible, no matter your current situation

Last edited:

pro marker

My hips became narrower as I improved my flexibility and started to activate the correct muscles when walking and exercising.

Are you able to squat deeply like this, with your feet flat on the floor?

qxkpTnJ.jpg

If you're talking about fat then I guess you just have to get lean and keep your androgens up, etc. Also if you add leg and core muscle it will give the illusion of narrower hips.
please tell me more. how old were you? how long did it take? how much did your bone structure change, and did you take any measurements or is it just observation?

reality

I don’t get what you mean by “genetic” bone shape? Isn’t it known that it’s hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that cause a widening of the hips?

could you elaborate on the genes you’re talking about?
Yes, but during puberty. Once you’re a fully grown adult you can’t change your hip structure

David90

Lifting weights will help, especially building muscle on your lats and obliques to ‘fill out’ that x shape. chest/shoulders to appear wider

losing love handles is a case of losing body fat which is done with a calorie deficit. You may need to get super lean though because it’s generally one of the last places fat come off...
^
THIS

Best Bodyfat Percentage woule be around 9-13%.

I would concentrate on a Caloric Deficit of Around -250 to -500 kcal Deficit. So you are steadily losing Weight, while not starving yourself too much.
But you must Calculate your Caloric Deficit first. The Formula would be your Bodyweight in LBS x 12-14

Here is Myself For Example: 154 Pounds (70KG) x 12-14 = Around 1848-2156kcal
Then i begin at 2156kcal and SLOWLY dropping it over the Course of next 3-4 Months to reach my desired Weight Goal.

Getting the Free ''Cronometer'' App would be good, since you can Watch your Calories and Vitamin's and Micronutrients quite easily over it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lifting Weights can surely help. Training at least 3 or 4 Times per Week (for 40-45 Minutes Maximum) is best, Hormonally and Muscle Building Wise. And of course doing a Workout, that allows every Muscle Group to be trained at least Twice or Three Times Per Week (''Upper/Lower'' or ''Full Body'' would be best). Also concentrating more on Compound Exercises and less on Isolation Exercises (The Only MUST in terms of Isolation Exercises, would be a Lateral Raise or Dumbbell High Pull in my Opinion). I go in Detail on this in some of my older Posts.....

Also in Terms of Training (against Love Handles), i would concentrate more on ''Obliques'' and ''Serratus'' Exercises. Also do them Weighted, if Possible.

PS: If you having a hard Time to Lift Weights (due to Lockdown and/or Closed Gyms) then i would at least buy a Pair of Adjustable Dumbbells (Adjustable to 30 or 40 KG) (if you have plenty of Money, like 250-300€ or Dollars) OR a Good Pair of Normal Dumbbells which have at least 25-30 KG PER SIDE. That would be Optimal.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In Terms of Nutrition, i would elimnate most Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies via a Good Diet.
And Only use Supplements if neccessary. Only Exception is a good Vitamin E Supplement which is (in my Opinion) hard to get via Good Nutrition.

For Protein, eat around 0.8-1g per Pound of Bodyweight. Mostly Coming from Milk, Eggs, Cheese, Meat and Gelatin.

For Carbs i would mostly consume Fruit's/Fruit Juices and Milk.
Vegetables are also ok, but they should be cooked very well and eaten with butter (like Spinach).
And Starchy Carbohydrates (Potatoes, White Rice) should only be eaten mostly after Workouts.

milkboi

Androgens yes, AIs no.

AIs gave me androgenous features overtime, estrogen is very important for masculinization.

Sure estrogen is important, but if you are estrogen dominant as a male and then take T, I think AI can be helpful to make sure E2 doesn't get out of hand. Aromasin removed excess water weight in myself and therefore got me closer to the ideal masculine form of the V taper.

keytothecity

You probably need to get healthier in general. I have wider hips too, it's been a feature since I was a teenager. I think it reflects subpar metabolism for men (and low protective hormones, including progesterone, testosterone, DHEA in your formative years)

To an extent, this is your physiology and it won't look like your ideal perspective, but it can be improved. When I was healthy and active it wasn't a problem, it's just a tendency to accumulate fat in your buttocks, hips and belly.

This is the result of stress, cortisol and the increased activity of aromatase everywhere. Lots of sunshine, sleep, and progressive resistance training will help. Good exercises like sprints, barbell deadlift

Progesterone is fine for this, but it's best to combine it with an androgen, to get balanced effects. DHEA or even DHT would work great. You can apply both topically, on your body, it will absorb well after a shower.

It's going to take very significant changes to your life/environment but it's a better choice than liposuction.
why do you have hair then, and I don't, when I am effortlessly athletic all around, much like the guy in the picture in this thread. narrow hips, wide shoulders, zero gyno etc.
could it be because your stance on estrogen and hair is wrong?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals