Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

encerent

I'd love to believe all this but I just don't think it's true. I've done mega doses of K and haven't seen anything. People might be seeing what's not there.

johnwester130

I'd love to believe all this but I just don't think it's true. I've done mega doses of K and haven't seen anything. People might be seeing what's not there.

do you also take it with vitamin D3 ?

I actually think it is possible.

If a person took coconut oil, d3, k2, pregnenolone, DHT, taurine, zinc, and ate a diet based on peat principles with gelatin,

It would be more surprising if your collagen metabolism did not alter. Whether it changes your face, I don't know.

Constatine

do you also take it with vitamin D3 ?

I actually think it is possible.

If a person took coconut oil, d3, k2, pregnenolone, DHT, taurine, zinc, and ate a diet based on peat principles with gelatin,

It would be more surprising if your collagen metabolism did not alter. Whether it changes your face, I don't know.
My face has dramatically changed since peating but I cannot solely attribute it to vitamin k. I really wish we could test this effect in a more scientific way as this is a very significant thread. Anyone else notice a wider face?

serhan

that's mk7, I think
mk4 works better , and comes in 5mg capsules or 15mg
Vitamin K supplements with the fewest additives - Toxinless

Maybe I am being delusional, or even 'body dysmorphic',
but I do think I see a change in my face with 8,000 Iu d3, and mk4 supplementation.
I get vitamin A from liver pate

Thanks for your response johnwester130.

Yesterday I have checked vitamin K-rich foods and saw 200 grams spinach has 1200 mcg vitamin K while chard (swiss) for the same portiob has 1500 mcg. These are about 1500% of daily needs. I will be trying to eat these two vegetables for next 1 month to reach the levels those can be achieved by taking liquids that I cannot import without a doctor prescription. Do you have any advices guys?

Insomnia

Well, to be honest. I didn't know what to expect too and I also thought I was perhaps experiencing a placebo effect. However, there are people who requested my pictures, they can confirm that something has changed in the course of 4 months. I'll leave it up to them. I can say, that I did not only use vitamin k2, I used a whole lot of different supplements too.

Insomnia

My face has dramatically changed since peating but I cannot solely attribute it to vitamin k. I really wish we could test this effect in a more scientific way as this is a very significant thread. Anyone else notice a wider face?

Read post above, I also need to mention that I used approx 45mg daily for many days. Nowadays I'm more around 20-30 mg a day. Again, it's not the only thing I put into my body, I used a whole range of supplements.

encerent

Well, to be honest. I didn't know what to expect too and I also thought I was perhaps experiencing a placebo effect. However, there are people who requested my pictures, they can confirm that something has changed in the course of 4 months. I'll leave it up to them. I can say, that I did not only use vitamin k2, I used a whole lot of different supplements too.

I'm not saying profound and significant changes to the bone can happen, but I'm skeptical. So many other things change one's face even from a day to day basis: water retention, weight loss/gain, lack of sleep, eating a meal, eating a certain food.

Insomnia

I'm not saying profound and significant changes to the bone can happen, but I'm skeptical. So many other things change one's face even from a day to day basis: water retention, weight loss/gain, lack of sleep, eating a meal, eating a certain food.

I can only say this, I know at some point I was at 5.5/6% bodyfat and I dropped to 4% later on and still noticed improvements in facial appearance (width etc.) and that was all in a short time (period of couple of months). I do have the pictures but I prefer not to throw them out in the open since I like some sort of privacy. U can always pm me if ur interested in seeying it/taking a look. And ur right on the fact that water retention and the other stuff u mentioned plays a role in the appearance aswell. I think everyone has those days. However, u have the right to be skeptical because it's a good thing to be skeptical about things. I was skeptical about many things too and sometimes I gave things a try and see what it did for me. Anyways, I get ur point definitely :)

Constatine

I can only say this, I know at some point I was at 5.5/6% bodyfat and I dropped to 4% later on and still noticed improvements in facial appearance (width etc.) and that was all in a short time (period of couple of months). I do have the pictures but I prefer not to throw them out in the open since I like some sort of privacy. U can always pm me if ur interested in seeying it/taking a look. And ur right on the fact that water retention and the other stuff u mentioned plays a role in the appearance aswell. I think everyone has those days. However, u have the right to be skeptical because it's a good thing to be skeptical about things. I was skeptical about many things too and sometimes I gave things a try and see what it did for me. Anyways, I get ur point definitely :)
Well we know from studies that mk-4 adds bone mass in such a way that it makes bones larger (not necessarily denser though, but it does make it withstand forces better). So you are gaining bone mass on mk-4 that is undisputed.

A.R

Have you ever come across any positives for mk7, which you may remember of the top of your head?

Thank You

Insomnia

Well we know from studies that mk-4 adds bone mass in such a way that it makes bones larger (not necessarily denser though, but it does make it withstand forces better). So you are gaining bone mass on mk-4 that is undisputed.

Thanks Constatine, makes sense. That also goes for you, if anyone would like to see the improvements (I seemingly feel) I made, feel free to pm me. I can always explain the protocol I am following :):

Take care and many greetings,

Insomnia

mujuro

I read a thread in which someone claimed that his bones shrunk after using MK7. What do you guys think about that?

Hard to believe his bones shrunk in such short time without some kind of life altering osteopenia, osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, kidney problems, and all the other consequences from rapidly deteriorating bones or osteoclast overactivity.

Constatine

Hard to believe his bones shrunk in such short time without some kind of life altering osteopenia, osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, kidney problems, and all the other consequences from rapidly deteriorating bones or osteoclast overactivity.
Its more likely that they started retaining water on the face which would make bones look smaller.

Prosper

Hey! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

What could be causing constant growing pain-like dull aches all over the legs while megadosing K2? It's not really that painful and feels more like you would feel after spending the whole day on your feet, kind of like the legs are really sore and burnt out from the day's activities. I should emphasize that these sensations are limited to my shins, thighs, knees and the top of ankles. They don't occur anywhere else in the body. Leg strength is also unaffected.

I'm taking 30 mg mk-4 & 200 mcg mk-7 / day. On top of those I supplement with magnesium and calcium and get at least RDA doses of A & D from cod liver oil. My diet is very peat.

Is this something that I should worry about? Does this point to a nutritional deficiency?

There also seems to be a few anecdotal reports on the internet about individuals growing taller on K2[1]. I was "meant" to reach 182 cm / 6 ft, but got stuck at 170 cm / 5'7 ft, for which I blame taking a couple of cycles of accutane as a teenager. The interesting thing is that looking at my body proportions, it seems to be mostly my legs that are deficient in growth (if I sit next to a six footer our eyes are at an equal level), and it is precisely the legs where these aches occur. Could it actually be possible that the age of 24 I would still grow taller? According to the conventional medicine one can't grow after the epiphyseal plates have fused, but then on the other hand even Peat claims to have grown an inch on DHEA at over fourty years of age.

[1] Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

Insomnia

What could be causing constant growing pain-like dull aches all over the legs while megadosing K2? It's not really that painful and feels more like you would feel after spending the whole day on your feet, kind of like the legs are really sore and burnt out from the day's activities. I should emphasize that these sensations are limited to my shins, thighs, knees and the top of ankles. They don't occur anywhere else in the body. Leg strength is also unaffected.

I'm taking 30 mg mk-4 & 200 mcg mk-7 / day. On top of those I supplement with magnesium and calcium and get at least RDA doses of A & D from cod liver oil. My diet is very peat.

Is this something that I should worry about? Does this point to a nutritional deficiency?

There also seems to be a few anecdotal reports on the internet about individuals growing taller on K2[1]. I was "meant" to reach 182 cm / 6 ft, but got stuck at 170 cm / 5'7 ft, for which I blame taking a couple of cycles of accutane as a teenager. The interesting thing is that looking at my body proportions, it seems to be mostly my legs that are deficient in growth (if I sit next to a six footer our eyes are at an equal level), and it is precisely the legs where these aches occur. Could it actually be possible that the age of 24 I would still grow taller? According to the conventional medicine one can't grow after the epiphyseal plates have fused, but then on the other hand even Peat claims to have grown an inch on DHEA at over fourty years of age.

Maybe u should cut back a little on the mk7 when u use both forms at the same time. I mean 30mg mk4 AND 200mcg mk7 seems a bit much on a daily basis (because mk7 stays in the blood longer), but I may be wrong. I'd rather use 50-100mcg of mk7 daily or 200mcg mk7 every three days, while using 30mg mk4 daily.

Personally, I used 45mg of mk4 for very long periods of time without problems, and used mk7 every 3 days (200mcg).

Maybe someone else could point something out or comment regarding the dosages.

Constatine

I feel this dull ache as well but mostly in my cheekbones. It is also my cheekbones that have grown the most since dosing vitamin k. So go figure.

Dante

Are you taking any androgenic hormones/substances (like keto-DHT, 5-alpha-DHP, androsterone etc) ?

Prosper

Maybe u should cut back a little on the mk7 when u use both forms at the same time. I mean 30mg mk4 AND 200mcg mk7 seems a bit much on a daily basis (because mk7 stays in the blood longer), but I may be wrong. I'd rather use 50-100mcg of mk7 daily or 200mcg mk7 every three days, while using 30mg mk4 daily.

Personally, I used 45mg of mk4 for very long periods of time without problems, and used mk7 every 3 days (200mcg).

Maybe someone else could point something out or comment regarding the dosages.

That seems reasonable. I'll try cutting back on mk-7 for a bit and see if these aches persist.

I feel this dull ache as well but mostly in my cheekbones. It is also my cheekbones that have grown the most since dosing vitamin k. So go figure.

Interesting. Facial structure seems to stay pretty malleable even at an older age, since the bones in the skull don't have growth plates in the same way legs and arms do. The few cases of reported height increase could be attributed to bones in the limbs & spine getting thicker and therefore slightly larger too.

How long did you take K2 before noticing changes?

Last edited:

LUH 3417

I feel grooves in my jawline from having tooth extractions and braces. Anyone have any experience with filling these grooves on vitamin k? I think my face looks fuller taking progest-e, mostly that I look less worn out and jowls are less pronounced than they were. A lot of this relates to orthodontics though, which I personally believe to be evil and brutal torture of faces.

Back
Top Bottom