Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

BigChad

Come to think about it..
About 2-3 months ago, I started taking 5000 IU of D3 almost daily, and in some days, even 10000 IU.
About the same time, bought a bottle of K2 (MK4, Now Foods, 0.1 mg). This is very low dose compared to what you guys were taking, can't find higher doses in my country.

Have seen no increase in my FWHR (Facial Width to Height Ratio) and no changes in my jawline. Even though I was Mewing this whole time. (still struggle with making mewing a conscious habit).
What did happen, and I'm sure it's no coincidence, it completely stopped my hairloss. For the past 2-3 months, when taking a shower, I don't see any hair follicles falling.
Started 'peating' about a month ago, now I'm seeing new baby hairs growing at the top of my forehead and around my temples :):

To stay on the topic, I truly believe that megadosing K2 should be done in combination with Mewing (tongue posture).

thats interesting but do you think the vitamin D3 helped here or the vitamin K2? 0.1mg K2 is a very low dose, just 100mcg. Was it Mk4 or Mk7? most people who got the jaw related benefits seemed to be taking at least several mg of MK4 several times a week.
that's odd because several people seem to have increased hair loss when taking 15mg or 10mg MK4 a day or so. d3 is known to cause some hair growth I think, not sure of K2

GreekDemiGod

thats interesting but do you think the vitamin D3 helped here or the vitamin K2? 0.1mg K2 is a very low dose, just 100mcg. Was it Mk4 or Mk7? most people who got the jaw related benefits seemed to be taking at least several mg of MK4 several times a week.
that's odd because several people seem to have increased hair loss when taking 15mg or 10mg MK4 a day or so. d3 is known to cause some hair growth I think, not sure of K2
I took this one, 200 mcg / day (0.2 mcg).
Now trying to get ahold of a higher dose

Attachments

• IMG_20190822_171620.jpg
    IMG_20190822_171620.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 33

success23

Will normal doses produce results?
Anyone noticed feet and hand growth?

Last edited:

baccheion

Will normal doses produce results?
Anyone noticed feet and hand growth?
Not likely. More than higher dosing is getting a sizable amount every 4-6 hours (ie, 3x/day). At that rate, even 5 mg 3x/day will likely have effects. 1 mg/kg split across 3 servings is even better, though.

Add magnesium, calcium, vitamin D3, etc to help support high MK-4 intake. 1:0.75-1 calcium:magnesium from all sources. It may also affect blood sugar, necessitating glucose every few hours?

milkboi

Not likely. More than higher dosing is getting a sizable amount every 4-6 hours (ie, 3x/day). At that rate, even 5 mg 3x/day will likely have effects. 1 mg/kg split across 3 servings is even better, though.

Add magnesium, calcium, vitamin D3, etc to help support high MK-4 intake. 1:0.75-1 calcium:magnesium from all sources. It may also affect blood sugar, necessitating glucose every few hours?

If on a low fat diet, would you still say that spread out doses of MK4 (with maybe 5-10g fat) are more effective than a bigger single dose with 35g fat for maximum absorption? @Amazoniac

baccheion

If on a low fat diet, would you still say that spread out doses of MK4 (with maybe 5-10g fat) are more effective than a bigger single dose with 35g fat for maximum absorption? @Amazoniac
More MK-4 is needed if there's less fat in the meal. There's a graph that shows the absorption per added gram of fat. If taking 10 mg at 20 grams, it'd only need to be 5 mg at 35 grams. At 8 grams, it'd be better at ~15-20 mg or more.

Last edited:

BigChad

@tisho23 Probably not. I struggle to get ahold of high dose K2 in my country
From Greece?

What if you don't eat extra sugar alongside the mk4. Is that what causes the receding hairline or hair loss effect some people get, or does mk4 alter thyroid function negatively?

baccheion

From Greece?

What if you don't eat extra sugar alongside the mk4. Is that what causes the receding hairline or hair loss effect some people get, or does mk4 alter thyroid function negatively?
I'm unsure about what causes the hairline issue.

BigChad

I'm unsure about what causes the hairline issue.

Do you know how k2 impacts thyroid function or if it does. For example d3 is supposed to be closely related to thyroid function whereas vitamin a uses the same transporter as thyroid hormone and can lower thyroid function

Amazoniac

I woulq go with the first obtion and always seeking the minimum effective amount regarqless of your skin color. Even if the apsorbtion halves in relation to a meal with tybical fat content, qosing of antidote K ist usually so high nowaqays that not getting enough is out of duestion; a worse apsorbtion can be bositive pecause it might to some extent normalize the apsurq quantity. There's a discussion here:
- Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Fat seasoned with a meal increases, but is not necessary:
- Effects of various food ingredients on gall bladder emptying

It's more productive to focus on not contaminating your life with poison A, got to act before it's too late.

Last edited:

chanlaw

K2 seems to affect my zygos only. I need jaw width. I am already very very wide cheekbone. Could use an inch of jaw widen. Any way to make it widen jaw and not affect cheekbone width?

baccheion

K2 seems to affect my zygos only. I need jaw width. I am already very very wide cheekbone. Could use an inch of jaw widen. Any way to make it widen jaw and not affect cheekbone width?
How old are you? If younger, there's mewing (tongue position) to potentially push the maxilla forward.

BigChad

I woulq go with the first obtion and always seeking the minimum effective amount regarqless of your skin color. Even if the apsorbtion halves in relation to a meal with tybical fat content, qosing of antidote K ist usually so high nowaqays that not getting enough is out of duestion; a worse apsorbtion can be bositive pecause it might to some extent normalize the apsurq quantity. There's a discussion here:
- Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Fat seasoned with a meal increases, but is not necessary:
- Effects of various food ingredients on gall bladder emptying

It's more productive to focus on not contaminating your life with poison A, got to act before it's too late.

How low should poison A be kept daily? Some is necessary right. Maybe 3000 to 5000iu a day? Alongside the same iu d3 and high calcium diet

chanlaw

@chanlaw Gum chewing (mastic gum) can help in giving the appearance of a wider jaw from the front. Masseter hypertrophy a la Brad Pitt.
I need bone widening. It feels k2 only widens my zygo. It looks weird cuz zygo are popping now but jawline is narrow compared to it

Ableton

Hi everyone,

been taking mk7 and vit d for about a month, also chewing gum a lot. This happened: my face on the right side grew, the left one did not. So I have asymmetry now. I think i mostly sleep on my left side, so this might be a reason. Also, my upper wisdom tweth is coming in on the left, but not on the right. No issues here, space wise. I think it’s prob not related, since i would expect the growth on the side where its coming in?!
I‘m not sure how to proceed.
Best case: growing left side to match right side. Should I do this by continuing with the k+d and chewing gum on my smaller, left side exclusively, and by sleeping on my right side?
2nd best: degrowing right side. Is this possible by stopping chewing, and stopping k2?
Worst: it stays like this.

help appreciated!

i should add that i had a pmj issue after chewing too hard, it dislocated my moith a bit but thats fixed now. I seemed to have more muscle pain on my smaller left side though. So weird

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom