Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

Tarmander

For the last two months I have been eating raw beef every morning and it has changed my life. (I attached a youtube video if you would rather listen to this then read it)

I have been a meat eater since I was a child and through most of my life with the exception of 3 years as a vegetarian in my mid-20s. I always ate cooked meat.

Cooked meat has nothing on raw meat. I ate a lot of cooked meat while I was doing the strict low VA diet. I had ground beef 3x per day and had none of these great benefits. Cooked meat sits in my stomach like a brick and raises my blood sugar over many hours. Raw meat is like eating nothing at all, and blood sugars are flat.

Raw Meat is a totally different food. The first time I ate it, a feeling of relaxation and tiredness came over me and I had to go take a nap. I could feel my heart beat through my whole body and I had visions. I felt a little high.

My dreams are much more intense at night and I think my brain just works better. The biggest difference is an extreme calm that comes over me around 4-6 hours after eating the meat.

I have lost 8 pounds without really trying. I went from not being able to do any pull ups to 3-4 pull ups. My muscles in my shoulders and arms are bigger and my workouts are easier. My sense of smell has become more sensitive, especially when I eat lamb. Again, cooked meat never did this, raw meat does.

At around 1 week, I started to have an odd craving for Raw meat…it isn’t a hunger so much as a deeper desire for it. Hard to explain but you’ll understand.

Eating raw meat took me awhile to get used to. It was difficult to chew and hard not to gag. It took around three weeks and now I eat 1.0-1.3 lbs of steak every morning, usually Sirloin tip as it’s a decent cost verse palatability and tenderness.

There are a few downsides. My joints sometimes hurt. Apparently this could be oxalate dumping and may pass after some time. My sleep is rocky. Sometimes it is the deepest most amazing sleep, and sometimes I wake up at 3am and feel stimulated. I have found wasabi and other supplements help with this.

Different kinds of meat seem to affect my sleep. True grass-fed beef from a local farm here in AZ is like crack cocaine unless I take wasabi with it. New Zealand lamb is like a sleep tonic. Experimenting with my microbiome eventually made the sleep problems tolerable. Wasabi and sardines were pivotal for this.

I had some blood work done for comparison’s sake and they are attached. The tests are around 3 months apart and I have been eating raw meat for 2 months so they capture a chunk of the change:

-A1c 7.3 to 6.6. (For a type 1 diabetic, A1C of 7.3 is good and 6.6 is great. You try taking the exact amount of insulin you need with every meal, its tough)

-GFR 91 to 103

-Cholesterol dropped, HDL went up, LDL went down. I am still on cholestyramine for mold which is why Cholesterol is so low.

-TSH 2.2 to 2.6. (edit: oops it actually went the other direction, TSH got better)

-Oddly , free T3 and free T4 went up slightly, kind of strange.

-Free Testosterone went from 422 to 502

-Ferritin 63.1 ng/ml

-Iron 81.5 ug/dl,

-%saturation at 23%

-TIBC 354 ug/dl

I will have a microbiome post here soon to show the results for that, which are not as favorable as the blood tests.

Some disclaimers:

-I take cholestyramine for this mold protocol that is going really well.

-Other supplements: Lumbrokinase (high dosage), pomegranate, cranberry, wasabi, boswellia (high dosages), SF722 antifungal, Charcoal, Zeolite, inulin FOS.

Attachments

• Page1Results.jpg
    Page1Results.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Page2Results.jpg
    Page2Results.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well this should be fun. :D

Ben.

Have listened to a few podcasts already. They are great.

Don't have time to listen to this one atm but i guess you covered most of it in the post?

What would you think is the major reason for the mostly positive response youve got?

You've mentioned the gut microbiome. Is it the live bacteria on the raw meat that make positive change? Couldn't this lead to potential issues especially long term?
Or could alot of benefits stem from the meat not being cooked and therefore you are not "destryoing" nutrients and thus assimilate/absorb more?

I also find the weight loss and muscle building benefit realy interesting. Can the body use the protein more efficiently? and if so, why? Enzymes/bacteria?
Or does the gut microbiome change result in vast changes trough the entire body up to the point where you have an increased protein synthesis? Better protein turnover on a cellular level?

To bad i am not realy to much medically informed and can't make much sense of the blood work. Curious how the others are going to interpret it.

Nomane Euger

i eat my meat slighty cook on the outside,the smallest fire as possible,its kinda white greyish color,i do grassfed lamb/beef this way,amazing,well cooked is utterly disgusting in texture.for steaks,i dont enjoy it at all,not as much flavor as there isnt the mixture fat/protein of the ground beef,and there is a low of fibers like pieces that are unechewable that you still have to chew to extact all the juice and then spit it out,boring,not appreciable,thats for fresh meat,when the meat is matured like 1 month and 2 weeks,thats another animal,it can be utterly epic,flavor you would never expect meat to have.Grass fed lamb liver just pan each side very low temperature and warm inside but raw is delicious

Hermes

Thanks for the detailed report and the work you put into this. A few questions for clarification:

1) Do you exclusively eat raw meat? Or do you cook it occasionally? I'm thinking it's not practical when you're eating out.
2) You mention wasabi as supplemental food. Is it the plant or the horseradish mixed with mustard?
3) Which meat cuts would advice against eating raw?

I have eaten beef cuts raw before and enjoy them very much (Rindstatar it's called, some beef cut, ground it, and then form it to a patty with added olive oil, vinegar, maybe some mayonnaise, some mustard and salt). Would not have imagined that eating raw meat regularly would make such a difference. Now, I'm definitely motivated to try it out.

Comstock

You would think that if raw meat is that potent, people would be eating it left and right. Or at least it would have been more prevalent in historical times, especially in communities who regularly hunt.

Is it generally the risk of infection that keeps people scared of raw meat?

I wonder if you can get around that issue by blasting raw meat with UV light or something.

Starship

I've been eating raw meat until I find out about Toxoplasma gondii. This parasite is in raw meat. It doesn't create much health issues but there is evidence that it might slightly change our behavior into being more reckless. It's most likely all BS, but I'm kind of scared about brain changes. If it can make us behave like a different person then that would mean that "me" is going to be on pause until future medicine can fix my brain into original mode.

pro marker

cooked meat:
more satisfying
stronger taste
harder to digest
makes you thirsty

raw meat:
less satisfying
better taste imo, but not as strong
much easier to digest, as long as you chew it properly
hydrating, can greatly replace need for liquid

i eat mostly raw meat with some slightly cooked meat. how the hell anyone can eat well-cooked meat is beyond me. i wonder why raw meat is so rarely talked out here.

yerrag

I'd eat raw meat if I trusted the source. And it would not be pork, but beef, lamb, and fish would be good for it. Raw meat contains enzymes that aid in its digestion, and that's a plus. Raw meat doesn't spoil as readily as cooked meat. As an added precatution, I'd freeze the beef/lamb for 2 weeks before eating it, as it's said that freezing that long makes it safer for consumption.

I haven't eaten anything that's not soaked in lemon or in vinegar. As in carpaccio, or in ceviche. Haven't tried it as steak tartare. I think with sashimi having it wasabi really helps as wasabi is said to protect against pathogens.

Given that the source has to be trusted, it's hard to do unless I'm paying top dollar or I'm butchering it. I can't even trust my butcher and where they source the meat. With fish, I could, though, as long as it's from the sea since it's not farm-raised.

Had thought about going raw on meat but it's these things that concern me that keeps me from trying it as a lifestyle.

I wonder if living this lifestyle would keep me from dental issues, given how cats and dogs don't have to brush, and how well they do without needing to brush their teeth, not go for teeth cleaning every so often, and their tongues are pink, not white. But this may not be the only factor, as real wild dogs and cats don't eat carbs. Not saying we shouldn't be eating carbs though.

Sscobalt

I've eaten raw meat exclusively in the past. For well over a year.

It's not the cure all messiah that people seem to shout from the mountain tops. It had no benefit to what's so ever.

That's not to say it doesnt help people, but I dont understand how as it didnt benefit me at all. It made me get horrible gas pains in my colon from undigested meat passing through. I was able to eat an enormous amount of raw fat with out bowel disturbances.

I do eat a lot of raw food now, but in the form of fruits and dairy. I dont think ill never go back to raw meat.

I can say I never got sick from it, and I've eaten some questionable things raw. Super market meat from Walmart. Non sushi grade salmon and other fish like whole sardines(their stomachs are NASTY). I've fermented my meat for 30+ days in a jar and ate a piece everyday as a "probiotic supplement" only effect I had was a slight uptick in energy. Rotten meat has a chemical called cadaverine which mimic amphetamine like effects. Dont let it fool you, it isnt that great. I've eaten so much nasty ***t in the realm of raw animal products to not one single health benefit.

The current RP/Thermo style diet has been of most benefit to me. I used to advocate raw meat, but now not so much.

RealNeat

I've eaten raw meat exclusively in the past. For well over a year.

It's not the cure all messiah that people seem to shout from the mountain tops. It had no benefit to what's so ever.

That's not to say it doesnt help people, but I dont understand how as it didnt benefit me at all. It made me get horrible gas pains in my colon from undigested meat passing through. I was able to eat an enormous amount of raw fat with out bowel disturbances.

I do eat a lot of raw food now, but in the form of fruits and dairy. I dont think ill never go back to raw meat.

I can say I never got sick from it, and I've eaten some questionable things raw. Super market meat from Walmart. Non sushi grade salmon and other fish like whole sardines(their stomachs are NASTY). I've fermented my meat for 30+ days in a jar and ate a piece everyday as a "probiotic supplement" only effect I had was a slight uptick in energy. Rotten meat has a chemical called cadaverine which mimic amphetamine like effects. Dont let it fool you, it isnt that great. I've eaten so much nasty ***t in the realm of raw animal products to not one single health benefit.

The current RP/Thermo style diet has been of most benefit to me. I used to advocate raw meat, but now not so much.
Aajonus would be proud (but also disappointed) lol

RealNeat

I was addicted to sushi and sashimi. Nothing beat the different textures and flavors of salmon, tuna, oysters, urchins, mackerel, yellowtail, squid, uni, clams, many different roe, escolar and more. The amout of raw sea food i could pound was surreal. I would go to those all you can eat (but slightly expensive) sushi restaurants and order plate after plate. I stopped once I realized that I had no clue where or how that fish was getting to my plate. I wouldnt consume that much rice at sushi bars but would go pretty heavy on the soy sauce, wasabi and especially ginger.

I also felt high after consumption of raw meat (and raw milk).

Ive also experimented with ruminant raw meat and enjoyed many of the things ive consumed. Traditionally the "raw" meat I enjoy most is cured and cooked by "friction" like the Turkish dish "Cig Kofte"

I found (and still find) myself craving acidic, tangy, spicy and salty things when I ate raw meat, with no previous knowledge of potential health benefits.

Besides the bowel laxative effects of Escolar (which i figured out long after i stopped eating as much sushi) i felt pretty good after raw fish. My muscle tone and facial structure during that time seemed to be more "built."

I think Aajonus Vonderplanitz literally "wrote the book" on raw meat. He has some great and some not so great content.

Currently i enjoy the best of both worlds, a good sear is all i need.

pro marker

I'd eat raw meat if I trusted the source. And it would not be pork, but beef, lamb, and fish would be good for it. Raw meat contains enzymes that aid in its digestion, and that's a plus. Raw meat doesn't spoil as readily as cooked meat. As an added precatution, I'd freeze the beef/lamb for 2 weeks before eating it, as it's said that freezing that long makes it safer for consumption.

I haven't eaten anything that's not soaked in lemon or in vinegar. As in carpaccio, or in ceviche. Haven't tried it as steak tartare. I think with sashimi having it wasabi really helps as wasabi is said to protect against pathogens.

Given that the source has to be trusted, it's hard to do unless I'm paying top dollar or I'm butchering it. I can't even trust my butcher and where they source the meat. With fish, I could, though, as long as it's from the sea since it's not farm-raised.

Had thought about going raw on meat but it's these things that concern me that keeps me from trying it as a lifestyle.

I wonder if living this lifestyle would keep me from dental issues, given how cats and dogs don't have to brush, and how well they do without needing to brush their teeth, not go for teeth cleaning every so often, and their tongues are pink, not white. But this may not be the only factor, as real wild dogs and cats don't eat carbs. Not saying we shouldn't be eating carbs though.
when i did raw carnivore my teeth were strong as steel. never brushed, no plaque, super white.

Nomane Euger

when i did raw carnivore my teeth were strong as steel. never brushed, no plaque, super white.
where you eating bone or any source of calcium or even with out calcium it stenghned your teeths?

Amazoniac

"The gut microbiomes of mice fed raw and cooked meat were similar in composition and transcriptional profile (Fig. 1b–d, Supplementary Fig. 1d–e), although we were still able to detect 12 modules and 68 orthologous groups with significant differences in expression (Supplementary Table 3a–b [there are 200 tabs])."​

- Cooking Has Variable Effects on the Fermentability in the Large Intestine of the Fraction of Meats, Grain Legumes, and Insects That Is Resistant to Digestion in the Small Intestine in an in Vitro Model of the Pig's Gastrointestinal Tract

"In the human diet, protein sources are usually cooked before consumption. This heat treatment does have consequence on the digestibility and the subsequent intestinal fermentation of these foods. In this study, cooking treatments that mimic common cooking practices in industrial and domestic kitchens were applied to meats, insects and grain legumes."

"[..]ingredients, in the raw state and after cooking using several methods, were incubated with pepsin and pancreatin to assess their digestibility. The residues obtained after enzymatic digestion were incubated with a bacterial inoculum from porcine faeces to simulate the fermentation occurring in the large intestine."

"Beef muscle (Longissimus dorsi) and chicken breast (Pectoralis major) were chosen as animal protein and cut in small meat pieces of approximatively 60 g (6 × 3 × 2 cm). Some samples were directly frozen (-20 °C) to be used as raw meat and the rest were subjected to one of the following cooking methods:

(a) immersion of meat pieces placed in individual plastic bags (polyamide/polyethylene; 15 × 20 cm; 90 microns) in a water-bath at 70 °C or 85 °C for beef and chicken samples respectively (mean cooking time: 40 min);
(b) cooking in an oven at 175 °C with turning over every 2 min (mean cooking time: 17 and 39 min for beef and chicken samples respectively);
(c) frying on a pan without addition of fat with turning over every 2 min (mean cooking time: 7 and 15 min for beef and chicken samples respectively).​

For all cooking methods, the meat temperature was monitored using a temperature probe (Testo 926, Lenzkirch, Germany) and the cooking was stopped when a core temperature of 70 °C or 85 °C was reached, for beef and chicken samples respectively according to the reference method of Boccard et al.[26]."

1608214880248.png

1608214887219.png

1608214895463.png

"[Despite] drawbacks of the in vitro enzymatic digestion protocol that was used, our results showed that, working with raw ingredients, meats were highly susceptible to pepsin and pancreatin hydrolysis, followed by insects and finally by grain legumes. As a consequence, for each g of ingredient consumed, the quantity of dietary components available as energy source for microbiota in the large intestine was negatively correlated (correlation coefficients of -0.81, -0.83, -0.71 between IVDMD and gas, SCFA, H2S productions respectively) to the digestibility in the upper GIT."

"As cooked meats were less digestible (P < 0.05), a higher amount of dietary components were available as energy source for microbiota during in vitro fermentation for each g of ingredient ingested. This was reflected by the higher productions (P < 0.001) of all fermentation products (total gas (A), SCFA, H2S - correlation coefficients of -0.85, -0.80 and -0.64 respectively compared to IVDMD) measured in this experiment when cooked meats were fermented. Among SCFA, propionate molar ratio was increased (P < 0.001) as result of the thermal treatment. Comparing thermal treatments, a higher (P < 0.05) H2S production was observed when meats were previously oven-cooked."

"So the in vitro fermentation of raw meats resulted in low quantities of fermentation products (gas, SCFA, H2S). In addition to the quantity of fermentation products, the kinetics of gas production are affected by the ingredient. Gas production was fast when residues of raw meat were incubated with porcine inoculum, probably because these ingredients contain more soluble peptides than other tested ingredients[14]."

"BCFA are indicators of protein fermentation[17]. They can be produced from the deamination of branched chain AA (valine, leucine and isoleucine) by many gut genera like Bacteroides spp., Propionibacterium spp., Streptococcus spp. and Clostridium spp.[40]. The molar ratio of BCFA is directly related to the quantity of dietary protein available for bacterial fermentation after digestion by pepsin and pancreatin."

"Application of a heat treatment altered the availability of dietary nutrients from insects and, to a lesser extent, from meats, as indicated by the reduction in IVDMD. Influence of heat treatment was more pronounced for insects than for meats, probably because the thermal treatment was harsher than for meats for sanitation purposes. This change in digestibility after cooking leads to a higher supply of dietary components in the large intestine, which is reflected by an increased total gas production after 72 h of fermentation except for mealworms larvae. Similarly, SCFA and H2S productions were also higher with cooked insects and meats than with raw ones, more markedly for insects (1.6 and 4.3 fold increase for SCFA and H2S productions with insects 357 vs. 1.3 and 1.6 fold increase with meats). Heat treatment also induces an increase in the propionate molar ratio. Limiting H2S production is beneficial because this component is reputed as toxic to the intestinal mucosal barrier via DNA damage, alteration of the cellular respiration[41] and inhibition of the butyrate oxidation in colonocytes[42]. As H2S originates from the fermentation of sulfur-containing AA and of dietary and mucinous inorganic sulfur by sulfate-reducing bacteria[43], the increase in H2S could be explained by an alteration of methionine and cysteine at temperatures around 120 °C, making them more resistant to enzymatic hydrolysis in the small intestine and thus more available as fermentation substrate in the large intestine[44,45]." Was is boiling?

"Among ingredients from animal origin, cooked meats should be preferred to cooked insects due to their higher small intestinal digestibility and their little response to heat treatment, notably in relation to the increase in the production of H2S after cooking."

"For starchy grain legumes (lentils, peas and beans), a heat treatment exerted the opposite effect compared to animal proteins and improve the availability of nutrients including starch, as highlighted by the increase in IVStarchD values."

"H2S production after 24 h of in vitro fermentation was also reduced with cooked lentils and peas but, surprisingly, it increased with cooked beans compared to raw ones."

"According to our results, cooking has variable effects according to the ingredient. So consumption of cooked ingredients from animal origin could be associated with higher quantities of fermentation products although less SCFA and gas are produced when cooked grain legumes are ingested compared to raw ones. Concerning the SCFA production, we can also notice that application of heat treatment to ingredients from animal and plant origin increased the proportion of propionate by comparison with the total SCFA production. The reason why propionate is increased by cooking is unknown and needs further investigation.

Last edited:

GelatinGoblin

"The gut microbiomes of mice fed raw and cooked meat were similar in composition and transcriptional profile (Fig. 1b–d, Supplementary Fig. 1d–e), although we were still able to detect 12 modules and 68 orthologous groups with significant differences in expression (Supplementary Table 3a–b [there are 200 tabs])."​

- Cooking Has Variable Effects on the Fermentability in the Large Intestine of the Fraction of Meats, Grain Legumes, and Insects That Is Resistant to Digestion in the Small Intestine in an in Vitro Model of the Pig's Gastrointestinal Tract

"In the human diet, protein sources are usually cooked before consumption. This heat treatment does have consequence on the digestibility and the subsequent intestinal fermentation of these foods. In this study, cooking treatments that mimic common cooking practices in industrial and domestic kitchens were applied to meats, insects and grain legumes."
"[..]ingredients, in the raw state and after cooking using several methods, were incubated with pepsin and pancreatin to assess their digestibility. The residues obtained after enzymatic digestion were incubated with a bacterial inoculum from porcine faeces to simulate the fermentation occurring in the large intestine."​
"Beef muscle (Longissimus dorsi) and chicken breast (Pectoralis major) were chosen as animal protein and cut in small meat pieces of approximatively 60 g (6 × 3 × 2 cm). Some samples were directly frozen (-20 °C) to be used as raw meat and the rest were subjected to one of the following cooking methods:​
(a) immersion of meat pieces placed in individual plastic bags (polyamide/polyethylene; 15 × 20 cm; 90 microns) in a water-bath at 70 °C or 85 °C for beef and chicken samples respectively (mean cooking time: 40 min);​
(b) cooking in an oven at 175 °C with turning over every 2 min (mean cooking time: 17 and 39 min for beef and chicken samples respectively);​
(c) frying on a pan without addition of fat with turning over every 2 min (mean cooking time: 7 and 15 min for beef and chicken samples respectively).​

For all cooking methods, the meat temperature was monitored using a temperature probe (Testo 926, Lenzkirch, Germany) and the cooking was stopped when a core temperature of 70 °C or 85 °C was reached, for beef and chicken samples respectively according to the reference method of Boccard et al.[26]."​
"[Despite] drawbacks of the in vitro enzymatic digestion protocol that was used, our results showed that, working with raw ingredients, meats were highly susceptible to pepsin and pancreatin hydrolysis, followed by insects and finally by grain legumes. As a consequence, for each g of ingredient consumed, the quantity of dietary components available as energy source for microbiota in the large intestine was negatively correlated (correlation coefficients of -0.81, -0.83, -0.71 between IVDMD and gas, SCFA, H2S productions respectively) to the digestibility in the upper GIT."​
"As cooked meats were less digestible (P < 0.05), a higher amount of dietary components were available as energy source for microbiota during in vitro fermentation for each g of ingredient ingested. This was reflected by the higher productions (P < 0.001) of all fermentation products (total gas (A), SCFA, H2S - correlation coefficients of -0.85, -0.80 and -0.64 respectively compared to IVDMD) measured in this experiment when cooked meats were fermented. Among SCFA, propionate molar ratio was increased (P < 0.001) as result of the thermal treatment. Comparing thermal treatments, a higher (P < 0.05) H2S production was observed when meats were previously oven-cooked."​
"So the in vitro fermentation of raw meats resulted in low quantities of fermentation products (gas, SCFA, H2S). In addition to the quantity of fermentation products, the kinetics of gas production are affected by the ingredient. Gas production was fast when residues of raw meat were incubated with porcine inoculum, probably because these ingredients contain more soluble peptides than other tested ingredients[14]."​
"BCFA are indicators of protein fermentation[17]. They can be produced from the deamination of branched chain AA (valine, leucine and isoleucine) by many gut genera like Bacteroides spp., Propionibacterium spp., Streptococcus spp. and Clostridium spp.[40]. The molar ratio of BCFA is directly related to the quantity of dietary protein available for bacterial fermentation after digestion by pepsin and pancreatin."​
"Application of a heat treatment altered the availability of dietary nutrients from insects and, to a lesser extent, from meats, as indicated by the reduction in IVDMD. Influence of heat treatment was more pronounced for insects than for meats, probably because the thermal treatment was harsher than for meats for sanitation purposes. This change in digestibility after cooking leads to a higher supply of dietary components in the large intestine, which is reflected by an increased total gas production after 72 h of fermentation except for mealworms larvae. Similarly, SCFA and H2S productions were also higher with cooked insects and meats than with raw ones, more markedly for insects (1.6 and 4.3 fold increase for SCFA and H2S productions with insects 357 vs. 1.3 and 1.6 fold increase with meats). Heat treatment also induces an increase in the propionate molar ratio. Limiting H2S production is beneficial because this component is reputed as toxic to the intestinal mucosal barrier via DNA damage, alteration of the cellular respiration[41] and inhibition of the butyrate oxidation in colonocytes[42]. As H2S originates from the fermentation of sulfur-containing AA and of dietary and mucinous inorganic sulfur by sulfate-reducing bacteria[43], the increase in H2S could be explained by an alteration of methionine and cysteine at temperatures around 120 °C, making them more resistant to enzymatic hydrolysis in the small intestine and thus more available as fermentation substrate in the large intestine[44,45]." Was is boiling?
"Among ingredients from animal origin, cooked meats should be preferred to cooked insects due to their higher small intestinal digestibility and their little response to heat treatment, notably in relation to the increase in the production of H2S after cooking."​
"For starchy grain legumes (lentils, peas and beans), a heat treatment exerted the opposite effect compared to animal proteins and improve the availability of nutrients including starch, as highlighted by the increase in IVStarchD values."​
"H2S production after 24 h of in vitro fermentation was also reduced with cooked lentils and peas but, surprisingly, it increased with cooked beans compared to raw ones."​
"According to our results, cooking has variable effects according to the ingredient. So consumption of cooked ingredients from animal origin could be associated with higher quantities of fermentation products although less SCFA and gas are produced when cooked grain legumes are ingested compared to raw ones. Concerning the SCFA production, we can also notice that application of heat treatment to ingredients from animal and plant origin increased the proportion of propionate by comparison with the total SCFA production. The reason why propionate is increased by cooking is unknown and needs further investigation.​
Good find. How may this be expressed in terms of general health and feeling?

soul_rebel

I'm pretty sure I remember Peat saying cooking food is why humans have the brains, longevity, and health compared to other animals (dont quote me though). I think cooking generally makes food taste better and more bio-available.

GelatinGoblin

I'm pretty sure I remember Peat saying cooking food is why humans have the brains, longevity, and health compared to other animals (dont quote me though). I think cooking generally makes food taste better and more bio-available.
Or allows consumption of stuff like Tubers, which may have been one of the reasons for brain growth. Bio-availability of meat and maybe greens of sorts too as you said. Just makes some indigestible food digestible.
Lots of speculation and interesting theories around this topic.

Amazoniac

Good find. How may this be expressed in terms of general health and feeling?
It doesn't seem safe to consume raw tender cuts (tough ones are out of question), especially in large amounts and without doing anything to sterilize the surface (yerrag's suggestions of marinating and freezing are great because they control microbes present on and in the meat). Slicing and discarding the outer parts must be better than nothing.

pro marker

where you eating bone or any source of calcium or even with out calcium it stenghned your teeths?
no. i ate eggs, meat and bone marrow, and liver kidneys. most people on a carnivore diet have really strong teeth. and ive never heard of someones teeth improving after quitting a zerocarb diet.