Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

- Food-borne bacterial pathogens in marketed raw meat of Dharan, eastern Nepal

"The muscles of healthy animals contain less or nil microorganisms though, meat can be contaminated during slaughtering and transportation [3]. Contamination of raw meat easily occurs from external sources during bleeding, handling, and processing via knives, tools, clothes, hands, and air [4]."​

Tartar3mander or Charmander, this is the question. In case of the former and refusal to discard the outer layer, there's the possibility of leaving the meat on copper surfaces:
- Antimicrobial copper-alloy touch surfaces - Wikipedia
- Antimicrobial properties of copper - Wikipedia
- Contact killing and antimicrobial properties of copper
- Metallic Copper as an Antimicrobial Surface
- Copper Alloy Touch Surfaces in Healthcare Facilities: An Effective Solution to Prevent Bacterial Spreading
- The Use of Copper as an Antimicrobial Agent in Health Care, Including Obstetrics and Gynecology

There are many similar publications on the topic.

It's related to Jorge's thread:
- Simple Copper Complexes Are A Powerful Alternative To Antibiotics

A grass-fed (not to be confused with brass-fed) copper sheet should be cheap. Again, must be better than not doing anything. The advantage here is that the risk of resistance is minimized because it's going to be in contact with new germs each time.
hmm copper is interesting. Thanks for the idea

pro marker

Might as well remove parasites too. Can flash freeze like the high end Japanese restaurants due for their raw fish & meat. Or just sear the outside, let the inside reach a reasonable temperature, but not enough to denature the nutrition - plus locking in some flavor. I guess I'm just for properly preparing food - which in the case of quality meat is on the raw side. I never got into the extremism in diet much. Probably why I was eating pints of ice cream in front of my diabetic friends before Peat got any publicity... Yet I cannot deny how hard on the spleen ice cream is - yet Peat seems to gloss over the shocking quality of cold, sweet, damp substances on the spleen and pancreas (which is basically kindergarten TCM).
flash freezing and freezing in general kills nutrients.

Nomane Euger

Nomane Euger

yes like I said earlier. Frozen meat is much different then fresh in taste and texture...and I assume nutrition
if i freeze liver directly after it is slaughtered(like a day or 2 after) copples of days after it retain the flavor and texture of unfrozen liver,even longer than unfrozen liver past 4 or 5 days

Was reading a ray peat article “fats and degeneration” and ran into this quote:
“When meat is grilled at a high temperature, the normally spaced double bonds in PUFA migrate towards each other, becoming more stable, so that linoleic acid is turned into “conjugated linoleic acid.” This analog of the “essential” linoleic acid competes against the linoleic acid in tissues, and protects against cancer, atherosclerosis, inflammation and other effects of the normal PUFA. Presumably, anything which interferes with the essential fatty acids is protective, when the organism contains dangerous amounts of PUFA.”

“When meat is grilled at a high temperature, the normally spaced double bonds in PUFA migrate towards each other, becoming more stable, so that linoleic acid is turned into “conjugated linoleic acid.” This analog of the “essential” linoleic acid competes against the linoleic acid in tissues, and protects against cancer, atherosclerosis, inflammation and other effects of the normal PUFA. Presumably, anything which interferes with the essential fatty acids is protective, when the organism contains dangerous amounts of PUFA.”
So eat the lean meat raw, and cook the fatty trimmings until crispy?

If Ray is saying this I’m not sure he’d recommend eating meat raw entirely, considering there’s still a percentage of fat in lean cuts
Nah, I'm pretty sure Ray advocates against raw meat. That was just an idea of how what he said could be put into practice for people who do want to eat raw meat. Sorry, I should have made it clear before

And yeah, there certainly is at least a little fat even on a lean stake.

pro marker

i cut off the fat and eat that raw because i cant stand cooked fats.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

ahh yes, the whole treat PUFA with high heat to make them healthier. Classic

yerrag

paymanz

hey tarmander,before doing raw meat was your diet the same macro nutrient wise? you had same amount of meat before and the only difference was shifting from cooked to raw?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

every scout knows that trick with mallows.
:lol:
hey tarmander,before doing raw meat was your diet the same macro nutrient wise? you had same amount of meat before and the only difference was shifting from cooked to raw?
No, I was doing a decent amount of turkey, but no where near this amount of protein/meat.

The rawness makes it very easy to digest and eat lots of it, so my consumption went up quite a bit.

supercoolguy

Sounds very unappetizing. I just slice thin to reduce cook time and probable digesability, Med burner, shooting for Med-Rare to Medium.

mrchibbs

I think there is a lot of value in raw animal products, but like others, rare steak with a cooked surface is probably as far as I can go, for practical reasons. I wish I could have access to raw milk though, never tried that before.

I definitely feel a like a million bucks after eating a rare steak, but this might also be because of the cholesterol not being oxidized.

It may have been mentioned, but considering how therapeutic taurine can be, this quote has always stayed with me:

Finally, not in most multivitamins but worth considering: taurine. This is the amino acid that Pottenger’s cats needed so badly. Humans need it too: it is a crucial component in bile, which we need in abundance for optimal digestive health. Taurine is present in raw and rare meats, so those who like their meat well done should be especially careful to supplement taurine.
- Paul Jaminet (Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat)

lvysaur

When my black mollies die, no Molly will want to eat the carcass. They usually end up floating, for me to pick up and discard. But the same mollies will readily eat carcass of other fish.
This could also be because the Mollies are socially acquainted with other Mollies, which prevents them from eating each other's corpses. If you took Mollies that were raised in isolation, I think it might be a different story.

But yea, I wouldn't eat raw or even rare pork

yerrag

This could also be because the Mollies are socially acquainted with other Mollies, which prevents them from eating each other's corpses. If you took Mollies that were raised in isolation, I think it might be a different story.
Would be a good experiment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals