Why You Should Eat Raw Meat

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Great post, Tarma.
I`m gonna go for this. In fact, in my home country, Bulgaria, we eat tons of raw meat in form of different sausages. They`re super tasty, but, unfortunately, because of the heavy load on spices/herbs most of them don`t agree with my tummy.

Apart from the topic, you mentioned you are taking cholestyramine for mold protocol. Can you go into some details or point me to a link about it?
Thanks

View attachment 20778
I have not really done a post on cholestyramine and the mold protocol I am doing. I would check out this site: Are You Moldy?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Here my microbiome report for anyone interested

When I mentioned there was a change that was not favorable, I am talking about the ratio of firmicutes to Bacteroides. I went from

66% Firmicutes and 29% Bacteroides
to
57% Firmicutese and 37% Bacteroides

Firmicutes have no endotoxin, bacteroides are gram negative and release endotoxin.

57:37 is not bad, it is actually pretty normal, but if it keeps going in that direction, it could become a problem I would have to address.

However other markers in my microbiome improved, like my Akkermansia levels. Probably from the Inulin I have been taking.

Attachments

• Krona Gut Change.jpg
    Krona Gut Change.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Akkermansia.JPG
    Akkermansia.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 16

Hermes

L. reuteri produces a broad spectrum antibiotic compound called reuterin. L. reuteri seems to be found naturally in raw meat (and dairy). This might explain some of the benefits that come with eating raw meat.

From here: L. reuteri (1) - The Last Breath

Ell

Yeah, the biggest issue is the reliability of the source. There's a lot of cattle slaughtered, that themselves aren't in the best of health, so I reckon its not incnceivable that eventually something "bad" will be in the meat. I've eaten raw liver about once a month for about 20 years. I find particular energy from eating the raw liver at the same time I am drinking raw carrot juice..... something about the live enzymes in the liver, acts on the retinoids present and.... voila !!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is about the level of rare I typically eat. Sorry it’s blurry-my pup was going crazy!

Attachments

• 496AC88D-DC1C-4FA3-9EE5-2D2B2D4FA0A4.jpeg
    496AC88D-DC1C-4FA3-9EE5-2D2B2D4FA0A4.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 27D8F523-0C13-4495-8AC8-C83EE202554B.jpeg
    27D8F523-0C13-4495-8AC8-C83EE202554B.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 69

yerrag

This is about the level of rare I typically eat. Sorry it’s blurry-my pup was going crazy!
I wonder what the internal temperature of the meat would be.

When I was making my own beef jerky, I would set the dehydrator at 135F, as at that temp the digestive enzymes are not yet deactivated, and I get. the benefit of having enzymes with my. beef jerky. But this can only be done for DIY beef jerky, as store-bought jerky has to go through much higher heat which destroys all enzymes, as well as. bacteria.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder what the internal temperature of the meat would be.

When I was making my own beef jerky, I would set the dehydrator at 135F, as at that temp the digestive enzymes are not yet deactivated, and I get. the benefit of having enzymes with my. beef jerky. But this can only be done for DIY beef jerky, as store-bought jerky has to go through much higher heat which destroys all enzymes, as well as. bacteria.
I’m not sure but often mine is still very cool in the center. I only eat beef and lamb that rare though.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Yeah, the biggest issue is the reliability of the source. There's a lot of cattle slaughtered, that themselves aren't in the best of health, so I reckon its not incnceivable that eventually something "bad" will be in the meat. I've eaten raw liver about once a month for about 20 years. I find particular energy from eating the raw liver at the same time I am drinking raw carrot juice..... something about the live enzymes in the liver, acts on the retinoids present and.... voila !!
The source matters, but I don't think people should get so caught up in sourcing that they pass on all raw meat unless they see it slaughtered themselves and vacuum seal it right then and there. Sprouts and wholefoods meat can work great.

yerrag

The source matters, but I don't think people should get so caught up in sourcing that they pass on all raw meat unless they see it slaughtered themselves and vacuum seal it right then and there. Sprouts and wholefoods meat can work great.
I read the book Fast Food Nation years ago. Tells about how the slaughterhouses in Omaha (there's not a lot of slaughterhouses anymore as I understand it, and they have poor sanitation practices - feces mixed with carcass, to the point that the USDA considered using x-ray machines to simply kill the festering bacteria at the end; this idea was nixed fhankfully, but it goes to show how unsanitary the slaughterhouses were. There were e. coli cases from time to time esp. with Jack in the Box) were so dirty. It's better to not take the chance, given how an ER visit these days charge so high, and good luck if you don't have a very good health insurance plan. It's just not worth taking the risk. I don't know if the slaughterhouses have improved, but I doubt it. What actually gets better in the US these days anyway?

yerrag

Amazoniac

- Food-borne bacterial pathogens in marketed raw meat of Dharan, eastern Nepal

"The muscles of healthy animals contain less or nil microorganisms though, meat can be contaminated during slaughtering and transportation [3]. Contamination of raw meat easily occurs from external sources during bleeding, handling, and processing via knives, tools, clothes, hands, and air [4]."​

I don't see any reason not to char the outside...
Tartar3mander or Charmander, this is the question. In case of the former and refusal to discard the outer layer, there's the possibility of leaving the meat on copper surfaces:
- Antimicrobial copper-alloy touch surfaces - Wikipedia
- Antimicrobial properties of copper - Wikipedia
- Contact killing and antimicrobial properties of copper
- Metallic Copper as an Antimicrobial Surface
- Copper Alloy Touch Surfaces in Healthcare Facilities: An Effective Solution to Prevent Bacterial Spreading
- The Use of Copper as an Antimicrobial Agent in Health Care, Including Obstetrics and Gynecology

There are many similar publications on the topic.

It's related to Jorge's thread:
- Simple Copper Complexes Are A Powerful Alternative To Antibiotics

A grass-fed (not to be confused with brass-fed) copper sheet should be cheap. Again, must be better than not doing anything. The advantage here is that the risk of resistance is minimized because it's going to be in contact with new germs each time.

Waynish

- Food-borne bacterial pathogens in marketed raw meat of Dharan, eastern Nepal

"The muscles of healthy animals contain less or nil microorganisms though, meat can be contaminated during slaughtering and transportation [3]. Contamination of raw meat easily occurs from external sources during bleeding, handling, and processing via knives, tools, clothes, hands, and air [4]."​

Tartar3mander or Charmander, this is the question. In case of the former and refusal to discard the outer layer, there's the possibility of leaving the meat on copper surfaces:
- Antimicrobial copper-alloy touch surfaces - Wikipedia
- Antimicrobial properties of copper - Wikipedia
- Contact killing and antimicrobial properties of copper
- Metallic Copper as an Antimicrobial Surface
- Copper Alloy Touch Surfaces in Healthcare Facilities: An Effective Solution to Prevent Bacterial Spreading
- The Use of Copper as an Antimicrobial Agent in Health Care, Including Obstetrics and Gynecology

There are many similar publications on the topic.

It's related to Jorge's thread:
- Simple Copper Complexes Are A Powerful Alternative To Antibiotics

A grass-fed (not to be confused with brass-fed) copper sheet should be cheap. Again, must be better than not doing anything. The advantage here is that the risk of resistance is minimized because it's going to be in contact with new germs each time.

Might as well remove parasites too. Can flash freeze like the high end Japanese restaurants due for their raw fish & meat. Or just sear the outside, let the inside reach a reasonable temperature, but not enough to denature the nutrition - plus locking in some flavor. I guess I'm just for properly preparing food - which in the case of quality meat is on the raw side. I never got into the extremism in diet much. Probably why I was eating pints of ice cream in front of my diabetic friends before Peat got any publicity... Yet I cannot deny how hard on the spleen ice cream is - yet Peat seems to gloss over the shocking quality of cold, sweet, damp substances on the spleen and pancreas (which is basically kindergarten TCM).

Nomane Euger

Might as well remove parasites too. Can flash freeze like the high end Japanese restaurants due for their raw fish & meat. Or just sear the outside, let the inside reach a reasonable temperature, but not enough to denature the nutrition - plus locking in some flavor. I guess I'm just for properly preparing food - which in the case of quality meat is on the raw side. I never got into the extremism in diet much. Probably why I was eating pints of ice cream in front of my diabetic friends before Peat got any publicity... Yet I cannot deny how hard on the spleen ice cream is - yet Peat seems to gloss over the shocking quality of cold, sweet, damp substances on the spleen and pancreas (which is basically kindergarten TCM)
.why is ice cream hard on the spleen?

Last edited:

yerrag

Nomane Euger

"cold, sweet, damp" -> have to understand TCM, or just feel it.
what is tcm? i have notice my self after i done a month of low carb/pkd/carnivore diet this summer when i ate lot ofanimal with lot of honey i was kinda cramping in the right upper part of my back near the center,something that i could associate with a spleen/pancreas feeling

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals