Why TRT isn't working for you and what to do about it

Atman

Let's see what 200mg of DHEA in DMSO per day does as far as replacing hormones instead of testosterone.
That or start even further down at the base of the steroid tree and try pregnenolone and thyroid first.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
That or start even further down at the base of the steroid tree and try pregnenolone and thyroid first.
Preg doesn't do anything, even up to 500mg. Thyroid might help a little, but it will likely not be anything to write home about.
DHEA also negligibly increases T in men with normal T. It's only helpful for elderly hypogonadal men and even then it's not nearly as good as TRT.

Validus

I'm mainly using 11-keto DHT atm at 1 drop daily. I used andro in the past. I've used like 1-2 drops progest-e here and there before bed. That's about it. Other hormones I've used include thyroid and vitamin D.
I recommend you consider joining the group titled "Secosteroid Hormone D" on facebook. The discussions and data found on that group changed my mind on vitamin D. I previously supplemented with vit d3 at 5000-10,000 iu's per day for about 20 years. I no longer take any exogenous vitamin d.

A.R

Let's see what 200mg of DHEA in DMSO per day does as far as replacing hormones instead of testosterone.
Are you using this protocol?
That is a humongous dose of DHEA, and in DMSO?! I can’t see anyone getting any positive results from this, unless they are already in good shape. How much approximate body fat do you think you have? Higher the body fat, more likely steroids do more harm than good.

Matestube

Are you using this protocol?
That is a humongous dose of DHEA, and in DMSO?! I can’t see anyone getting any positive results from this, unless they are already in good shape. How much approximate body fat do you think you have? Higher the body fat, more likely steroids do more harm than good.

Transdermal DHEA converts majoritarily to androgens, regardless of body fat percentage.

Beastmode

I have a 67 year old uncle who got the pellets inserted his buttock tissue.

2 months in and he notices nothing.

@Hans Have you ever come across a man who really did all the fundamental stuff for optimal health prior to using TRT? I haven't!

Matestube

@Hans Have you ever come across a man who really did all the fundamental stuff for optimal health prior to using TRT? I haven't!

We have shortcuts in 2022, testosterone is one of them, and it works beautifully.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Yeah me neither. Pellets are also a bad option since most of the T is released in the first couple of days, leaving you hypo for the next weeks. But regardless, improvements are going to suck if diet and lifestyle aren't in check.

Beastmode

We have shortcuts in 2022, testosterone is one of them, and it works beautifully.
Lot's of opinions on what being healthy is in 2022.

He can chase all the hormone replacements in the world, but if the other 99% of his life doesn't change (i.e- eating, moving, sleeping, etc,) it's like painting over rust in my opinion.

To each their own of course!

Matestube

Lot's of opinions on what being healthy is in 2022.

He can chase all the hormone replacements in the world, but if the other 99% of his life doesn't change (i.e- eating, moving, sleeping, etc,) it's like painting over rust in my opinion.

To each their own of course!

I never talked about health. I talked about feeling alive, vibrant, good and euphoric.

Testosterone does that, and I couldn't care less about the implications on my body.

Beastmode

I never talked about health. I talked about feeling alive, vibrant, good and euphoric.

Testosterone does that, and I couldn't care less about the implications on my body.
I don't doubt testosterone can do that.

Not a debate, but health has everything to do with feeling alive, vibrant, good and euphoric (without it being driven by stress.)

Again, to each their own. Not an opinion on what others should or shouldn't do.

Validus

@Hans Have you ever come across a man who really did all the fundamental stuff for optimal health prior to using TRT? I have

I don't doubt testosterone can do that.

Not a debate, but health has everything to do with feeling alive, vibrant, good and euphoric (without it being driven by stress.)

Again, to each their own. Not an opinion on what others should or shouldn't do.
Seconded. I've been on trt for 7 years and it means nothing when other fundamentals of health are sub optimal. In reality, low T likely IS an indicator of sub optimal health, caused by some other factor, unless we're talking about primary/secondary hypogonadism, caused by damage to the testes or brain.

golder

What an outrageous sentence. How could anyone not care about the implications something has on their body? If it was solely euphoria we were chasing, we would all be putting MDMA in the water supply.

Matestube

What an outrageous sentence. How could anyone not care about the implications something has on their body? If it was solely euphoria we were chasing, we would all be putting MDMA in the water supply.

To each their own.
I certainly don't recommend you live your life like I live mine, you do what you want on this earth.

Cloudhands

To each their own.
I certainly don't recommend you live your life like I live mine, you do what you want on this earth.
but on the contrary, dont you believe that you can both take your T base dmso mixture and achieve optimal diet and lifestyle?

Matestube

but on the contrary, dont you believe that you can both take your T base dmso mixture and achieve optimal diet and lifestyle?

My diet and lifestyle were already as optimal as they could be before starting T.
And they still are.

Cloudhands

My diet and lifestyle were already as optimal as they could be before starting T.
And they still are.
thats my point, ive been following your for a minute, and although you dont care about the health implications per se, you definitely seem healthy

Matestube

thats my point, ive been following your for a minute, and although you dont care about the health implications per se, you definitely seem healthy

Hence why I can afford not to care about the consquences of high doses of T : I got the basics covered.

And even if you don't have the basics covered, T base is one of the most benign drugs out there, your body produces it, recognizes it, and is in fact begging for it.