Why TRT isn't working for you and what to do about it

Hans

Forum Supporter
Although there might be a variety of reasons, this one should be part of the foundation to optimize any TRT protocol.

scoobydoo

What is the safety of vitamin D supplementation would you say?
I’m definitely low but worry to take any due to having mildly elevated calcium levels

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you any experince using any hormones hans?
I'm mainly using 11-keto DHT atm at 1 drop daily. I used andro in the past. I've used like 1-2 drops progest-e here and there before bed. That's about it. Other hormones I've used include thyroid and vitamin D.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What is the safety of vitamin D supplementation would you say?
I’m definitely low but worry to take any due to having mildly elevated calcium levels
I'd say it's very safe, but a minority of people can get sides from it. It could be due to an allergy to lanolin or MCT. Or simply because they don't have enough cofactors such as B-vits or magnesium.
If you can't get sun or have excess to good tanning beds, then supplemental D will definitely be better than nothing.

TMCMac

I'm mainly using 11-keto DHT atm at 1 drop daily. I used andro in the past. I've used like 1-2 drops progest-e here and there before bed. That's about it. Other hormones I've used include thyroid and vitamin D.
How are you liking the dht? Any updates?

TMCMac

The DHT does make me feel calm which is nice. :)
Just got some cant wait to try. But just curious so 1 drop daily is best? I heard the half life is like 72 hours so it will build up right? Any concerns over that?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just got some cant wait to try. But just curious so 1 drop daily is best? I heard the half life is like 72 hours so it will build up right? Any concerns over that?
IME DHT is much better than andro. Very nice smooth feeling. The half-life is 36 hours and using 1mg should build up to 2mg equivalent dose in the long run. So nothing to worry about in terms of getting an overload.
I switched from 1mg in my naval to 1 drop on each cheek, so 2 drops total daily. Can't feel much of a difference between 1 and 2 drops.

T

TheBeard

I'd say it's very safe, but a minority of people can get sides from it. It could be due to an allergy to lanolin or MCT. Or simply because they don't have enough cofactors such as B-vits or magnesium.
If you can't get sun or have excess to good tanning beds, then supplemental D will definitely be better than nothing.

B vitamins and vitamin D make me feel edgy and cranky, either taken separately or together.
I feel my best when I take no vitamin at all, although my 25OHD levels are low (26ng/ml).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
B vitamins and vitamin D make me feel edgy and cranky, either taken separately or together.
I feel my best when I take no vitamin at all, although my 25OHD levels are low (26ng/ml).
Have you gotten your D very high via sunlight only before?

Vanset

No. That result was after a summer full of sun with no sunscreen.
have similar experiences with me and my close family. this is kinda why im skeptical of the supposed ideal vitamin d ranges being in the 50,60 or even 70s... at least this is the idea i'm getting from reading vitamin d related threads on this forum.

will continue supplementing tho and monitor any reactions

Nomane Euger

Have you tested your calcitriol and PTH at the same time after this summer?i had similar result as yours after the summer 2020 while I was spending all day chest naked under the sun,and my calcitriol and PTH were both very high,i felt somewhat manly but life felt numb/grey

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you have gut inflammation? A lot of people with gut inflammation struggle to get their D up. Interestingly, people who have used steroids for a couple of years also struggle to get their D up.

T

TheBeard

Do you have gut inflammation? A lot of people with gut inflammation struggle to get their D up. Interestingly, people who have used steroids for a couple of years also struggle to get their D up.

A lot of gut inflammation.
Much better since peating / carnivoring, but still proper pregnant.
Liver's congested too, which is responsible for converting vitamin D to 25 OHD.
I think that's the main explanation.

For steroids, I think you meant oral alkylated steroids, which compromise the liver and further prevent proper conversion.
Bio identical hormones or even regular injectibles should have zero effect on that.
If anything, they improve it as @haidut has shown.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For steroids, I think you meant oral alkylated steroids, which compromise the liver and further prevent proper conversion.
Bio identical hormones or even regular injectibles should have zero effect on that.
If anything, they improve it as @haidut has shown.
Yes I should have specified, but still don't want to rule that one out yet though.

Gûs80

My 2 cents:

Two interesting theories about men who don't adapt to trt caught my eye:

- dr Mark Gordon - says that they are usually men who have suffered concussion / head trauma and develop hypopituitarism, with thyroid, test and mainly gh deficiency. In these cases he recommends gh, dhea, pregnenolone and a maximum of 80mg of test per week. 100% of their patients got better.

- Dr Ben Lynch - in the book Dirty Genes, shows that men with Slow Comt and Slow MaoA genes have difficulty excreting estrogen and serotonin. These would be the ones who do poorly with the enhanced aromatization of TRT, possibly the men who report improvement when they switch to Nandrolone.

And the inverse of these, men with Fast Comt and Fast MaoA, because they have high e2 and serotonin excretion, tend to be deficient in both and would do very well with Testo replacement and consequent increase in e2.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
My 2 cents:

Two interesting theories about men who don't adapt to trt caught my eye:

- dr Mark Gordon - says that they are usually men who have suffered concussion / head trauma and develop hypopituitarism, with thyroid, test and mainly gh deficiency. In these cases he recommends gh, dhea, pregnenolone and a maximum of 80mg of test per week. 100% of their patients got better.

- Dr Ben Lynch - in the book Dirty Genes, shows that men with Slow Comt and Slow MaoA genes have difficulty excreting estrogen and serotonin. These would be the ones who do poorly with the enhanced aromatization of TRT, possibly the men who report improvement when they switch to Nandrolone.

And the inverse of these, men with Fast Comt and Fast MaoA, because they have high e2 and serotonin excretion, tend to be deficient in both and would do very well with Testo replacement and consequent increase in e2.
Thanks for sharing!

Matestube

Let's see what 200mg of DHEA in DMSO per day does as far as replacing hormones instead of testosterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals