Why Some Sugar Is Actually Good For You, & Methylene Blue Too W/ Georgi Dinkov

David PS

Here is another recent video with Georgi. Enjoy

KTownSatfats

Thank you so much, DavidPS! This beautifully answers so many of the questions I’ve had while roaming Peatland. And in an understandable way! And thank you Georgi!

johnsmith

At 24:20 Georgi says "High-fructose corn syrup, if it's properly done, is not much metabolically different then sugar, but it turns out that the industry is cutting corners and loading it up with what you think is high-fructose corn syrup but it ends up being high corn starch corn syrup. So that's the issue with it. Your getting calories that aren't on the label, and secondly the corn starch is known to be able to get threw your intestinal wall and into your blood and creates an allergic inflammatory reaction which can cause all kinds of chronic symptoms..."

I've been drinking soda thinking there wasn't much of an issue with it. Does anyone know of any soda's that are made with properly prepared high-fructose corn syrup?

Cirion

@johnsmith

Mexican cola is the way to go. It doesn't have HFCS at all.

johnsmith

@johnsmith

Mexican cola is the way to go. It doesn't have HFCS at all.
Thank you.
After looking into HFCS on this forum I still don't really have an answer about wether or not it's something to really worry about. I'm pretty sure Georgi drinks pepsi quite often. Maybe it depends on wether or not you allergic to corn starch?
Q:Someone told me you drink HFCS coke regularly? do you think it is not
that harmful if someone is healthy?
Ray Peat:I prefer Mexican coke with real sugar (it tastes very different), but metabolically there isn't much difference.

Inaut

Maybe i'm missing part of the convo here so forgive me but i thought the issue with the cola wasn't so much hfcs but rather the free floating starch in it.

johnsmith

Maybe i'm missing part of the convo here so forgive me but i thought the issue with the cola wasn't so much hfcs but rather the free floating starch in it.
Yea, so maybe that RP quote doesn't have much context in this situation since he only states HFCS is "metabolically" similar to sugar. The possibility of inflammatory responses from the starch is the issue.

Would the corn starch in a soda be much worse for you then the starch in a well cooked potato?

Last edited: