Why Should PTH Cause Soft Tissue Calcification?

rei

PTH decreases energy production, which causes some cells to die as they run out of energy. They die through calcification. Removal of this calcification requires the right metabolic balance.

stargazer1111

PTH decreases energy production, which causes some cells to die as they run out of energy. They die through calcification. Removal of this calcification requires the right metabolic balance.

I suspect vitamin k2 is a major part of that balance.

Inaut

Boron is also an important thing for decalcification and reducing overactive PTH.

Amazoniac

It's a sensitizer, but I don't understand the purpose (if there's one).

- Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium (second link)

"When the living organism came from the Ca-abundant aqueous environment to an aerial atmosphere almost completely devoid of Ca, it became mandatory to secure some kind of Ca source within the body, in the event that the Ca supply from outside the body as food fell short of the need. Bone and extracellular fluid serve this purpose; the former may be regarded as a condensed form of the ocean as a huge storehouse of Ca from which Ca could be taken whenever necessary, and the latter as the tidal stream coming from this “sea” with a constant Ca concentration surrounding the cell. This adaptation provides an environment similar to life in water for the cell, with an abundance of Ca outside and very little Ca inside. The decisive difference between marine and terrestrial animals consists of the absence of Ca deficiency in the former and its presence in the latter. To maintain an adequate amount of Ca in the bone, as much Ca as possible has to be taken in as food by land animals.

Humans have long had a propensity to Ca deficiency. The Ca intake of prehistorical hunter-gatherers was probably two to three times higher than that of modern humans, mainly through ingestion of exoskeletons of insects and the bones of fishes and small animals. Down through the ages of animal husbandry, the milk of domestic animals has become the main source of Ca intake for humans [11]. Because milk intake has dwindled in modern humans, their Ca intake is much less than that of their ancestors. When Ca intake is deficient, the parathyroid glands, which have not been found in aquatic animals but are never absent in terrestrial animals, secrete PTH. This mechanism mobilizes Ca from bone to the extracellular fluid to maintain a constant serum Ca level, the most strictly maintained biologicalconstant known. Thus, PTH is crucial in the adaptation to a Ca-deficient environment. The action of PTH at the cellular level in Ca-deficient organisms, however, may place them in a strange position. Along with smoothing out the steep skeletal–extracellular fluid concentration gradient of Ca, PTH also tends to minimize the huge intra–extracellular compartmental Ca concentration gradient by increasing intracellular free Ca ([Ca]i) in many types of cells—cardiomyocytes [12], blood cells[13], adipocytes [14], and hepatocytes and pancreatic endocrine cells [15] in addition to classic target cells such as osteoblasts [16] and renal tubular cells [17]. These cells may become overloaded with Ca in the presence of Ca deficiency because of the action of PTH, the hormone of Ca deficiency and also of intracellular Ca overflow."​

Cecilia L.

Boron is also an important thing for decalcification and reducing overactive PTH.

How can one incorporate Boron? would this be in supplements form? Can you share a brand or optimal dose to use to help reduce PTH?

Yody

From what shottrue said about the 5th thyroid hormone he said I believe that's why taking suppressive synthetic thyroid hormone can cause calcification issues ... And then you replied saying you fully agree?
Bump ...

Yody

Can someone help me make sense of this study?

Magnesium modulates parathyroid hormone secretion

„Mg was able to reduce PTH only if parathyroid glands were exposed to moderately low Ca concentrations; with normal–high Ca concentrations, the effect of Mg on PTH inhibition was minor or absent.“
Not an expert, but I assume that this is a function of magnesium as a backup for when someone isn't getting enough calcium. With enough calcium, PTH would probably already be low enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals