Why should I drink milk over things such as rice/potatoes/oats/pasta?

GreenTrails

Ok so.. what is the reason for feeling bloated/heavier/ full from milk than starch if its not the lactose or casein?

Im more "athletic ready" with start or fruit that is light compared to milk, drink milk and im like meh, too lazy
Myself, I am concerned about the casein.

Vanset

with milk you get progesterone, IGF-1, estrogens, prolactin , corticoids , androgens, immunoglobulins (from vaccinating cows), thyroid...How can all these goodies not to raise your temperature?
haven't made up your mind on milk yet?:ss2

frannybananny

All that pasta (starch) turns into straight glucose and enters your bloodstream in about 10 minutes from swallowing it. The giant hike in blood glucose triggers an equally giant dose of insulin to deal with it. The insulin deals with it by converting it to fat. It does such a good job of mopping up the excess glucose that you then experience low blood sugar. The low blood sugar triggers adrenaline which increases your stress hormones. These are not good things.

Milk, on the other hand, does not do these negative things. It provides a balanced meal with protein plus a little milk sugar, aka lactose. It also provides a nice amount of calcium which your body needs. Milk is great stuff! It comes from lactating mammals. It does not come from almonds, coconuts, or grains; I don't care what the gargantuan food processors have to say about it.
So milk doesn't give you a spike in blood glucose? I would love to hear that since I would prefer to have a big glass of milk without even any food to accompany it.

mostlylurking

So milk doesn't give you a spike in blood glucose? I would love to hear that since I would prefer to have a big glass of milk without even any food to accompany it.
I don't think milk will spike your blood glucose. It is a balanced food, with protein and calcium which you need to be healthy. Ray Peat is a big fan of milk. Here's an article about milk: Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

Apple

From MUCUSLESS DIET :
FLETCHERISM
Under the same classification is the milk diet, which puzzles even the most advanced experts of fasting and dietetics by its partial successes in many cases. The secret is this: If you replace three "square" meals a day consisting of at least three courses each, with a few quarts of milk (liquid), the obstructions in the human engine are much less, you feel better, and the body partially eliminates, and in many cases relieves, your trouble. But all milk-dieting patients suffer sooner or later from terrible constipation because milk is a first-class, sticky mucus-former.

OP
S

SamYo123

From MUCUSLESS DIET :
FLETCHERISM
Under the same classification is the milk diet, which puzzles even the most advanced experts of fasting and dietetics by its partial successes in many cases. The secret is this: If you replace three "square" meals a day consisting of at least three courses each, with a few quarts of milk (liquid), the obstructions in the human engine are much less, you feel better, and the body partially eliminates, and in many cases relieves, your trouble. But all milk-dieting patients suffer sooner or later from terrible constipation because milk is a first-class, sticky mucus-former.
Im also constipated.... ***t dont even bulk up anymore... But constipation has no affect on my energy/well being or anything...

GodsHound

Wake up with 36.6 degree temp, with just ur boxers on, drink milk at room tempature and see if you increase ur temps to 37degrees in winter
unironically yes...

Screenshot_20220124-094018.png

Vanset

Wake up with 36.6 degree temp, with just ur boxers on, drink milk at room tempature and see if you increase ur temps to 37degrees in winter
The only food that ever 'increases my temps' is food that's warmer than me. No matter what it is. No one eats fruit or drinks oj or milk from the fridge or at room temp to get toasty so I don't really get the concept overall.

Grapelander

Calcium to Phosphate ratio.
Calcium to Phosphorus Ratio, PTH, and Bone Health
Quotes by Ray Peat, PhD:
“The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that’s why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren’t very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren’t needed.”

“The foods highest in phosphate, relative to calcium, are cereals, legumes, meats, and fish. Many prepared foods contain added phosphate. Foods with a higher, safe ratio of calcium to phosphate are leaves, such as kale, turnip greens, and beet greens, and many fruits, milk, and cheese.”

“Free unsaturated fatty acids turn on the stress hormones, and cortisol blocks oxidation of sugar and turns it into fatty acids and triglycerides. Keeping cortisol and stress low is the main thing. Keeping a high ratio of calcium to phosphate helps to oppose the stress metabolism.”

“Recent publication are showing that excess phosphate can increase inflammation, tissue atrophy, calcification of blood vessels, cancer, dementia, and, in general, the processes of aging.”

Br J Nutr. 2006 Sep;96(3):545-52.
High phosphorus intakes acutely and negatively affect Ca and bone metabolism in a dose-dependent manner in healthy young females.

Br J Nutr. 2008 Apr;99(4):832-9. Epub 2007 Oct 1.
Increased calcium intake does not completely counteract the effects of increased phosphorus intake on bone: an acute dose-response study in healthy females.

Br J Nutr. 2010 Feb;103(4):561-8. Epub 2009 Sep 28.
Low calcium:phosphorus ratio in habitual diets affects serum parathyroid hormone concentration and calcium metabolism in healthy women with adequate calcium intake.

Academic Dissertation by Virpi Kemi
Effects of dietary phosphorus and calcium-to phosphorus ratio on calcium and bone metabolism in healthy 20- to 43-year-old Finnish women

Chad_Catholic

From testimonials on this forum, that doesn’t seem to be the case for many
i guess it depends on your gut microbiome... as a kid it gave me gas, but i think all the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar from my days on keto cleared out my gut and allowed me to tolerate milk for some reason... i don't too well with soluble fibers though for some reason

yerrag

A lot of opinions so far.

The plant substances that are
destroyed in the rumen-tannins,
lignin, and PUF A-are cumulatively
toxic to the intestine. Besides being
nearly free of these, milk contains
substances that promote the absorp-
tion of essential nutrients ...
The cells of the mammary gland, in receiving
substances from the blood, are selective in what
they accept, allowing nutrients and protective
substances to be concentrated, and reducing the
concentration of many toxins that the blood has
absorbed from the intestine. For example, the
fungal toxin found in wheat and bread,
ochratoxin, is reduced by 75-80% between the
blood and the milk (Mufioz, et al., 2014).

RP Newsletter Sep 2017

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals