Why should I drink milk over things such as rice/potatoes/oats/pasta?

SamYo123

Why should I drink milk over things such as rice/potatoes/oats/pasta? when a warm bowl of starch gives me a body temp of 37 and sustained energy for a few hours over milk?

Nebula

Why not both? That’s been the staple of many very healthy long life span cultures. A diet of boiled starch and raw milk is probably my favorite meal. Although I think I feel best avoiding gluten grains. Along with some chicken feet gelatin broth and a little meat and organs occasionally. Fruit and honey are great but I see them more as supplements not staples.

TheSir

The popular view is that milk starts to become optimal food only in presence of sufficient co2, which is why one's ability to turn milk into energy can be used to get an estimation of their overall state of health. Those of less than great health tend to find starches more suitable to them than milk, given that they're not suffering from issues that contraindicate starch.

GodsHound

Milk would be a complete food, not just a source of carbohydrate. I think milk is praised so much because it is the easiest way to get a complete balance of amino-acids and vitamins fairly cheaply. Milk can be the perfect food for some people, but some get by better on other foods. It is not essential for everyone.

OP
S

SamYo123

I just find it hard to believe athletes favour using milk rather than starch for energy..

GodsHound

Ray advises orange juice as a good, accessible carbohydrate. Milk for other nutrients and protein, not so much energy, other than a net improvement of metabolic rate.

Apple

with milk you get progesterone, IGF-1, estrogens, prolactin , corticoids , androgens, immunoglobulins (from vaccinating cows), thyroid...How can all these goodies not to raise your temperature?

Last edited:
OP
S

SamYo123

Ray advises orange juice as a good, accessible carbohydrate. Milk for other nutrients and protein, not so much energy, other than a net improvement of metabolic rate.
Milk will never give me that hot burning feel compared to a warm bowl of pasta and ketchup... so I fail to see how it improves metabolic rate if its hot then it will warm me up.. so its not the food/ itself, but the tempature, in that case I could just drink hot water, get an increase in temp, and volia an increase in metabolism...

Last edited:

aniciete

Milk will never give me that hot burning feel compared to a warm bowl of pasta and ketchup... so I fail to see how it improves metabolic rate if its hot then it will warm me up.. so its not the food/ itself, but the tempature, in that case I could just drink hot water, get an increase in temp, and volia an increase in metabolism...
How can you compare milk to water? What nutrients does water contain? This is a silly post

mostlylurking

All that pasta (starch) turns into straight glucose and enters your bloodstream in about 10 minutes from swallowing it. The giant hike in blood glucose triggers an equally giant dose of insulin to deal with it. The insulin deals with it by converting it to fat. It does such a good job of mopping up the excess glucose that you then experience low blood sugar. The low blood sugar triggers adrenaline which increases your stress hormones. These are not good things.

Milk, on the other hand, does not do these negative things. It provides a balanced meal with protein plus a little milk sugar, aka lactose. It also provides a nice amount of calcium which your body needs. Milk is great stuff! It comes from lactating mammals. It does not come from almonds, coconuts, or grains; I don't care what the gargantuan food processors have to say about it.

OP
S

SamYo123

Drinking hot water will raise core body tempature vs cold/neutral milk...

OP
S

SamYo123

All that pasta (starch) turns into straight glucose and enters your bloodstream in about 10 minutes from swallowing it. The giant hike in blood glucose triggers an equally giant dose of insulin to deal with it. The insulin deals with it by converting it to fat. It does such a good job of mopping up the excess glucose that you then experience low blood sugar. The low blood sugar triggers adrenaline which increases your stress hormones. These are not good things.

Milk, on the other hand, does not do these negative things. It provides a balanced meal with protein plus a little milk sugar, aka lactose. It also provides a nice amount of calcium which your body needs. Milk is great stuff! It comes from lactating mammals. It does not come from almonds, coconuts, or grains; I don't care what the gargantuan food processors have to say about it.
Why is it certian to cause low blood sugar? How can you have adrenaline response, from being a relaxed warm state?

OP
S

SamYo123

go here: Bioenergetic Search type in a word or very short phrase, like "low blood sugar" or "starch" or "glucose". Wait a short time for the list to appear. Pick one. Listen to it.
Ok so.. what is the reason for feeling bloated/heavier/ full from milk than starch if its not the lactose or casein?

Im more "athletic ready" with start or fruit that is light compared to milk, drink milk and im like meh, too lazy

mostlylurking

Ok so.. what is the reason for feeling bloated/heavier from milk than starch if its not the lactose or casein?
try using the link to the search engine I provided earlier to search the audio shows.
This link takes you to a search engine to search Ray Peat's written articles; use the cell on the left: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless

I simply cannot answer these questions (I'm not inside your body, you are); you need to go research to come to a place of understanding.

dukesbobby777

Drinking hot water will raise core body tempature vs cold/neutral milk...

Which is why milk isn’t supposed to be drank freezing cold (as it’s removed from the refrigerator). Baby calves don’t drink refrigerated milk. Nor do human babies who have their human milk. Not sure why that would be different for adult humans.

Has anyone even asked Ray about it? I’ve been on this forum for years and never seen this question asked of him. Drinking any cold liquid (when trying to increase metabolism) doesn’t make any sense.

Only in summer months will I crave freezing cold liquids.

OP
S

SamYo123

Which is why milk isn’t supposed to be drank freezing cold (as it’s removed from the refrigerator). Baby calves don’t drink refrigerated milk. Nor do human babies who have their human milk. Not sure why that would be different for adult humans.

Has anyone even asked Ray about it? I’ve been on this forum for years and never seen this question asked of him. Drinking any cold liquid (when trying to increase metabolism) doesn’t make any sense.

Only in summer months will I crave freezing cold liquids.
Same affect if its boiled... no different.

"Only in summer months will I crave freezing cold liquids."

See, the temperature of the food is the difference for metabolic rate not the food itself..

I just had cold, milk I was cold, I just had boiled milk, im now warm, the only difference was the tempatature of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals