Why protein for breakfast makes me anxious?

jet9

Title, 2 scenarios:

1st: 1/2 cantaloupe and 1/4 papaya as first meal; 20min later chicken leg and thigh, 2 cooked apples, some fats

2nd: 1/2 cantaloupe, chicken leg and thigh, 1/4 papaya as first meal; 20 min later 2 cooked apples, some fats

As you see identical macros, but with 2nd i am more anxious all day, with 1st i am not anxious (though a bit less sharp comparing to 2nd)

74one

Title, 2 scenarios:

1st: 1/2 cantaloupe and 1/4 papaya as first meal; 20min later chicken leg and thigh, 2 cooked apples, some fats

2nd: 1/2 cantaloupe, chicken leg and thigh, 1/4 papaya as first meal; 20 min later 2 cooked apples, some fats

As you see identical macros, but with 2nd i am more anxious all day, with 1st i am not anxious (though a bit less sharp comparing to 2nd)
Melons has to be eaten as a separate food at least 2-3 h before or after other meal

Jessie

Its the same macros and the same foods, literally. Are you saying the order you eat the items in is changing the way it affects you?

Jessie

Melons have always made me feel bloated. When I get bloated I don't feel good, mentally or physically. I'm not sure if it's a specific antigen in them or just the heavy water content. I steer clear of them for the most part.

lvysaur

I always start the day with either a carrot, or fruit+milk

OP
J

jet9

Its the same macros and the same foods, literally. Are you saying the order you eat the items in is changing the way it affects you?
That’s exactly what I am saying.

OP
J

jet9

I remember one member of this forum posted that protein at breakfast can crash his thyroid and he needs lots of carbs at first meal (high carb:protein ratio). Can’t find his post now though...

HumanLife

Protein lowers blood sugar which can cause anxiety to manifest in some way.

Are you generally dehydrated? A break from protein to help give the kidneys rest would be beneficial. Stick to eggs and maybe milk for a while.

Jessie

I remember one member of this forum posted that protein at breakfast can crash his thyroid and he needs lots of carbs at first meal (high carb:protein ratio). Can’t find his post now though...
You seem to be getting enough carbs based on the foods you listed. Perhaps when you eat the protein (chicken) in combination with high water foods like melon and papaya you're diluting your digestion too much to handle the protein. In the first meal scenario, you're eating the high water foods then waiting 20 minutes.

HeyThere

Protein lowers blood sugar which can cause anxiety to manifest in some way.

Are you generally dehydrated? A break from protein to help give the kidneys rest would be beneficial. Stick to eggs and maybe milk for a while.

THIS.

A-Tim

Melons have always made me feel bloated. When I get bloated I don't feel good, mentally or physically. I'm not sure if it's a specific antigen in them or just the heavy water content. I steer clear of them for the most part.
Was talking with my gf about this yesterday. She was saying watermelon makes her a bit bloated. Whereas I eat it by the truckload and have zero issues. She tends to have mild gut issues, whereas gut issues are non-existent for me. I religiously eat bone broth in order to avoid ever having gut issues.

I wonder if the ability to tolerate melons is moderated by how well your gut system is faring in the first place.

John mcclain

Why u blaming the protein....your eating sugar fat n protein...wouldn't the Randle cycle be activated......

Jessie

Was talking with my gf about this yesterday. She was saying watermelon makes her a bit bloated. Whereas I eat it by the truckload and have zero issues. She tends to have mild gut issues, whereas gut issues are non-existent for me. I religiously eat bone broth in order to avoid ever having gut issues.

I wonder if the ability to tolerate melons is moderated by how well your gut system is faring in the first place.
Yes absolutely. I've also been someone who's dealt with endotoxic symptoms in the past. I've even done stuff like fasting to help alleviate it. I find insoluble fiber and occasional antiseptics to be the best thing for me right now. I haven't tried eating melons in a while either. So not sure how well I'd fare. I'm pretty much going by the "if it's working don't mess with it" modo right now. I might test the waters sometime in the near future though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals