Why Not Use MDMA And Nuke All Serotonin

Inspired

This has got to be the worst idea ever. MDMA causes pretty severe brain damage, sadly.

First time I tried mdma it was pure bliss - the experience was amazingly perfect - It felt like a big weight fell of my chest. The afterglow lasted a few weeks. I’ve tried it numerous times, but not more than once every month or two. The effects were predictable and tolerance didn’t develop, however the more I tried it the less afterglow I felt and more I started getting post mdma depression which kicks in usually two days after the trip and lasts a week, sometimes more - even If took it once a year. I’m no stranger to depression - I had many depressive episodes even prior to trying mdma - sometimes with debilitating symptoms lile psychomotor retardation when it’s difficult to speak and even move sometimes. My latest experiment was to take cyproheptadine to see how it effects the depression. I took 0,5 mg twice daily and the depression vanished almost completely! This tells me it must be caused by serotonine somehow. Ray Peat is rigjt once again I guess ?Any experience with post mdma depression?

Last edited:
I've used MDMA on a weekly basis when I was younger and always felt like crap afterward. For 2-4 days afterward I would experience lethargy, depression, night-terrors, sleep-paralysis and intense ultra-real dreams which point to serotonin excess symptoms. I even got brain zaps once after a binge which lasted 3 days. This is also what happens with people who are withdrawing from serotonergic drugs like SSRIs. I dont believe MDMA lowers serotonin, it massively increases it.
Agree - see my post with my cyproheptadine experience.

boris

Large or frequent doses are known to cause serotonin syndrome.

First time I tried mdma it was pure bliss - the experience was amazingly perfect - It felt like a big weight fell of my chest. The afterglow lasted a few weeks. I’ve tried it numerous times, but not more than once every month or two. The effects were predictable and tolerance didn’t develop, however the more I tried it the less afterglow I felt and more I started getting post mdma depression which kicks in usually two days after the trip and lasts a week, sometimes more - even If took it once a year. I’m no stranger to depression - I had many depressive episodes even prior to trying mdma - sometimes with debilitating symptoms lile psychomotor retardation when it’s difficult to speak and even move sometimes. My latest experiment was to take cyproheptadine to see how it effects the depression. I took 0,5 mg twice daily and the depression vanished almost completely! This tells me it must be caused by serotonine somehow. Ray Peat is rigjt once again I guess ?Any experience with post mdma depression?
Do you think this could be used in tandem?
a bit of mdma here and then later on a bit of cypro, repeat?

Do you think this could be used in tandem?
a bit of mdma here and then later on a bit of cypro, repeat?
Yes, why not? Although I urge you not to use mdma frequently - use it on special occasions with close people. Keep also in mind that cypro will make you grumpy, but that is normal with cypro.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Because you will cause extreme oxidative damage and also neurotoxicity.

In addition, you will impair the dopamine system too:

The Dark Side of Ecstasy: Neuropsychiatric Symptoms after Exposure to 3,4‐Methylenedioxymethamphetamine
Absolutely ! This is the one psychedelic that is definitely toxic to the brain. Then again, it’s not a true psychedelic but more like a substituted amphetamine. It also doesn’t exist in nature, even though it’s made from sassafras (the phenylethylamine structure). Then again, LSD is semi synthetic too, but it’s still Lysergic Acid from nature. I don’t know.

Sampa

I've used MDMA on a weekly basis when I was younger and always felt like crap afterward. For 2-4 days afterward I would experience lethargy, depression, night-terrors, sleep-paralysis and intense ultra-real dreams which point to serotonin excess symptoms. I even got brain zaps once after a binge which lasted 3 days. This is also what happens with people who are withdrawing from serotonergic drugs like SSRIs. I dont believe MDMA lowers serotonin, it massively increases it.
Exactly. Me too, felt the same.
Serotonin instant burst that's why so hard to get an orgasm.

GorillaHead

I have an event coming up three days. And I want to mitigate the damage of using this substance. I was thinking antihistmines after the events which would block the effects of the drug. Vitamin C Vitamin E and proqnthocynadins.

Thoughts people?

DeadCatBounce

Prior to get to know Ray Peats work I had severe insomnia caused by a stress event that lasted for year and a half and had no idea how to deal with it. No doctor was useful and they prescribed me SSRIs which I was smart enough not to take and throw away the prescription upon exiting their office.

But MDMA was the only thing that helped me sleep like a baby for 3 weeks after use and at that time I did not get why. So in severe cases I would say the use can be justified, kind of. But it does cause temporary problems inside the brain - from my subjective experience I got a bit stupid for 5-6 weeks after consecutive use and then back to normal. Was watching the effects it had on me and the first few times was afraid I will remain like that forever. Used it about 10 times in this period until things got back to normal and MDMA was no longer needed.

I have an event coming up three days. And I want to mitigate the damage of using this substance. I was thinking antihistmines after the events which would block the effects of the drug. Vitamin C Vitamin E and proqnthocynadins.

Thoughts people?

A few things that helped me out:

1. Keeping your brain cool is the most important part as MDMA causes the body to lose control over temperature regulation.

In studies with rats when the brain temperature did not rise too much - there was no evidence of damage whatsoever. The ones that got too hot got a severe damage. I was using ice cubes on the neck during the experiences for short burts of time - 30 secs to 2 min to help the brain cool down a bit.

Pretty sure a low PUFA diet will help a lot. Also a big tip to the barman at the beginning of the night will be useful if you are in a club and later you need to ask for some ice inside the small plastic bag you took with you ( :

2. Alpha lipoic acid(stabalized is better as it lasts longer in the body), and vitamin C seems to mitigate some of the damage done by MDMA in studies with rats. OJ would do I think if there is a way to obtain during the event. Vit E will help too I guess.

3. Grapefruit juice prior to dosing helps MDMA not to convert to MDA. Forgot how long before use.

4. Going over 300mg for the night/event will most probably cause some short term damage no matter what you do but unless one goes totally crazy on the dosage I would not worry too much if it is a one time thing.

5. Most importantly - have a lot of fun !

GorillaHead

Prior to get to know Ray Peats work I had severe insomnia caused by a stress event that lasted for year and a half and had no idea how to deal with it. No doctor was useful and they prescribed me SSRIs which I was smart enough not to take and throw away the prescription upon exiting their office.

But MDMA was the only thing that helped me sleep like a baby for 3 weeks after use and at that time I did not get why. So in severe cases I would say the use can be justified, kind of. But it does cause temporary problems inside the brain - from my subjective experience I got a bit stupid for 5-6 weeks after consecutive use and then back to normal. Was watching the effects it had on me and the first few times was afraid I will remain like that forever. Used it about 10 times in this period until things got back to normal and MDMA was no longer needed.

A few things that helped me out:

1. Keeping your brain cool is the most important part as MDMA causes the body to lose control over temperature regulation.

In studies with rats when the brain temperature did not rise too much - there was no evidence of damage whatsoever. The ones that got too hot got a severe damage. I was using ice cubes on the neck during the experiences for short burts of time - 30 secs to 2 min to help the brain cool down a bit.

Pretty sure a low PUFA diet will help a lot. Also a big tip to the barman at the beginning of the night will be useful if you are in a club and later you need to ask for some ice inside the small plastic bag you took with you ( :

2. Alpha lipoic acid(stabalized is better as it lasts longer in the body), and vitamin C seems to mitigate some of the damage done by MDMA in studies with rats. OJ would do I think if there is a way to obtain during the event. Vit E will help too I guess.

3. Grapefruit juice prior to dosing helps MDMA not to convert to MDA. Forgot how long before use.

4. Going over 300mg for the night/event will most probably cause some short term damage no matter what you do but unless one goes totally crazy on the dosage I would not worry too much if it is a one time thing.

5. Most importantly - have a lot of fun !
Excellent post. Although the cooling part has me really concerned. Temps will be at 80 Fahrenheit max. So water is Def vital