Why Not Use MDMA And Nuke All Serotonin

I swear by it. I felt my best after using crystal mdma. Effect lasts about 1 month.

OP
C

chanlaw

You raise a good point, however, I'm curious, have you tried other strategies to lower serotonin first?
Well no but i am saying because mdma also raise dopamine and oxytocin while nuking serrotonin and giving u pleasure

Dysoxin not Vyvanse, sorry.

Vinero

I've used MDMA on a weekly basis when I was younger and always felt like crap afterward. For 2-4 days afterward I would experience lethargy, depression, night-terrors, sleep-paralysis and intense ultra-real dreams which point to serotonin excess symptoms. I even got brain zaps once after a binge which lasted 3 days. This is also what happens with people who are withdrawing from serotonergic drugs like SSRIs. I dont believe MDMA lowers serotonin, it massively increases it.

rei

AFAIK it flushes out the serotonin from serotonergic neurons, so the circulating concentration and effect increases acutely. The only place that has depleted serotonin is the neuron, and if it is still stimulated in this state it might undergo apoptosis.

It might be that the recreational effect from MDMA is simply the state between the nausea during the start from serotonin overdose, and the psychedelic effect that follows once that initial serotonin flush is metabolized and the body has not had time to resume normal serotonergic signalling.

Last edited: