Why nobody here posts proof of regrowth

lacelane

Wait, you had scar tissue on your head, and that is why you have less hair or is it male pattern baldness?

rei

Because the regrowth i achieved was completely unexpected, a happy accident. So i have no comparison pictures.

Often if there is good documentation after the fact it is planned marketing, and fraud. There's a reason in science you need to publish what you are doing beforehand, not just present "before&after reuslts" out of the blue.

success23

Wait, you had scar tissue on your head, and that is why you have less hair or is it male pattern baldness?
My scalp used to itch a lot.. and i mean A LOT. I think the scratching ruined my hair. I don;t know if it is MPB because i my hair doesn;t shed.

GreekDemiGod

Everyone giving advice in a post should specify his NW status.
Else, we'd be having someone reading a comment by @johnwester130 boldly and confidently asserting that PUFAs are definitely bad for hair...meanwhile he is NW6 or something.

I think what happens is someone reading a post / comment that goes like "Taurine caused regrowth of my temples" and the one who reads this think of a full reversal of temples recession, when in reality it was just a few baby hairs showing that never really amounted to reversal of NW status.
I do understand that whenever someone is enthusiastic about seeing positive result with a supplement / dietary change, he is eager to share it, and I think this is what has happened on this forum.
It's one thing to get some baby hairs growing and another thing going from NW3 to NW2.

NW2.

OP
J

Jack Earth

Because the regrowth i achieved was completely unexpected, a happy accident. So i have no comparison pictures.

Often if there is good documentation after the fact it is planned marketing, and fraud. There's a reason in science you need to publish what you are doing beforehand, not just present "before&after reuslts" out of the blue.
Let's see current hair and your protocol. Better than nothing and who cares if a few haters dont believe you since no b4 pics

OP
J

Jack Earth

There are many examples of great regrowth online. All from anti androgens.

Roddy seems to have a decent head of hair and good skin. He’s among the rare dudes that understand thyroid tho so there’s that.

I personally have good hair and skin and high energy, always warm etc. Supplementing Tyronene liberally + dhea MWF. However much feels good and keeps me warm in the winter. No fancy diet plans either, low cost gainer shakes, salmon, cooked greens, fruits, flexible (high sodium) dinners. I’ve tried stuff like Dutasteride solo, or 19nors solo, felt like too much work. Keep it simple.
Exactly.. full regrowth examples online too combining min plus roller and usually fin.
Nothing even close exists on this forum. Mr chubbs can write 20 page replies how dht isnt involved but pictures are worth 1000 words.

OP
J

Jack Earth

I'd rather opt for DHT theory than anything else tbh. The older I get, the thicker my beard is, the stronger I am, better memory, cognition etc, feel more manly, the more hair on the top I lose and the more chest hair and arm hair I get.

I don't even care about losing hair though. I kind of obsessed about it over the years but the last year or so I've came to peace with myself. Especially since I look amazing rocking a buzz cut (great cranium and above average facial features). Stressing out about something that you can't control is worthless in the end.

I'm not hopping on fin, I'm not crashing my DHT into the void of nonexistent only to try and have the hairline and thickness I had since I was 16.
I think being stuck in limbo of adolescent thinking is a bad idea anyways. You can choose not to ingest too much PUFA and try to have an engaging lifestyle that serves it's purpose but thinking if I try this and that "hair stack" only to see minimum results (if any)...no thanks ma'am.

In my opinion estrogen is crucial for hair, looking back at my puberty, I had T and high E - developed gyno, but had THE best hair you'll ever gonna see. Thick, black..I've had women obsessing about my long locks to the point that I felt unease.

Multiple blood tests over the years confirmed that I'm high T, low E, very low prolactin (almost non existant recuperation period), yet slowly and steadily I lose hair.

Also I'm pretty sure Danny Roddy didn't have androgen alopecia, he most likely lost a miniscule amount through cortisol or something.

Once you lose a substantial amount of hair and your hairline moves to say NW2.5, it's over really. But hey, that's life. I can safely look back and say I'm not tilted by it, would definitely have it this way than still have a full head of hair and be depressed. Thank you
I made this thread last year I Had More Hair On Japanese Style Diet Than Peating

People brought up I was probably raising my estrogen but I was feeling fine and hair was great. There is a correlation I think.

PolishSun

A lot of women also lose hair on their temples with the age, there should be something in common with men. They are usually dieting a lot, the ones I know.

keytothecity

I made this thread last year I Had More Hair On Japanese Style Diet Than Peating

People brought up I was probably raising my estrogen but I was feeling fine and hair was great. There is a correlation I think.
MrChibbs stated in some other thread that he has wide hips, indicative of high tissue aromatase (indicative of high scalp aromatase). And he has hair. Idc about advice from estrogenic men who keep hair. The billion dollar question is how low e high dht caucasian men keep hair.
I’m in the same boat, I get better in every aspect other than hair. Amazing physique with minimal effort. Very lean and androgenic features. Deep voice. No hair.
I still wonder if we can figure out a topical estrogen + systemic anti estrogen regimen. I think it would be promising for low E males. We need to go in a hlt mainstream direction while minimizing sides in the most pro androgenic way.
Most people here, including myself, are not willing to risk it though

why are pictures necessary? Neuroticism + hairloss. I have told myself often I’m regrowing, when it was just some useless vellus. I think many of us have been there.
No pictures = no results

keytothecity

A lot of women also lose hair on their temples with the age, there should be something in common with men. They are usually dieting a lot, the ones I know.
Women have higher aromatase in temple region, especially when young. This is why most of them go bald in diffuse pattern.
Local A is most crucial

PaRa

Maybe the the low E high DHT type is just because of low T

low T => low E (low aromatase substrate)
low T => body converts to DHT (more potent androgen)
Conversion of T to DHT => even less T converted as E

So crashed E and T
Plus cortisol rises because of low T

keytothecity

Maybe the the low E high DHT type is just because of low T

low T => low E (low aromatase substrate)
low T => body converts to DHT (more potent androgen)
Conversion of T to DHT => even less T converted as E

So crashed E and T
Plus cortisol rises because of low T
Quite possibly

MitchMitchell

women also get rekt by hypothyroidism as they age, on top of calorie restriction.

I’ll go ahead and say their BC pills probably save their hair more often than not though, because of the increased production of shbg. Last woman who showed her bloodwork to me (that’s my side gig, helping people with their bloods) had HIGH SHBG an absolutely trashed lifestyle was on the pill and really thick hair for a 30yo Caucasian woman. And there are lots of women with terribly thin hair out there.

low shbg = hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, excess dht, yadda yadda.

equipoise

I've noticed that most males I come across that actually look and act like testosterone (witty, fast to react, great memory, humour, protective, almost fearless, hairy, good skin tone) lost or are on their way to norwood cemetary plaza.

This is the easiest of times to go bald, try being a young man in 70s and losing hair by age 18 like my father. People were way more likely to talk chit behind back.

Absolutely no one cares.

As long as you feel good, your sexual performance is good, your strength is good, nothing to worry about.

Bald lives matter.

Kykeon

i have lost hair following the aajonus vonderplanitz (low sugar or honey just too expensive for me in general) and i have regrown some areas now by upping carbohydrates and not being paranoid about my food intake.

Quelsatron

I was not talking about anecdotes. When a forum user says that he has had regrowth from something, why would he be not telling the truth? What would he gain from that?
People who demand pictures have a sone type of problem.
I've seen people here saying their jawbone can change shape within the course of days.

Because until you accept the fact that without down regulating 5AR activity in the scalp, you won’t be able to capture any photographic evidence of significant regrowth (besides vellus hair) - because you won’t have any.

Because until you accept the fact that without down regulating 5AR activity in the scalp, you won’t be able to capture any photographic evidence of significant regrowth (besides vellus hair) - because you won’t have any.

5-AR inhibition by itself rarely results in significant regrowth either, so the very best thing you might have to show is that your hair is still the same several months later with perhaps the slightest thickening of the most recently miniaturized hairs and some vellus. No need to oversell it.

Significant regrowth usually requires near-complete AR inhibition and estrogen, I don't think I need to mention why this isn't acceptable for the average man.

I will also add that I believe that the main damage angles of androgens, or, rather, the lack of their counterpart endogenous anti-androgens in the balding scalp generally boils down to a few key angles such as excessive ROS, prostaglandins, and negative growth factors like DKK-1. These can all technically be inhibited by other means than straight up taking oral Finasteride (THE most asinine way to approach this) which inhibits something like 10 different hormonal conversions of which only 1 contributes to hair loss.