Why nobody here posts proof of regrowth

keytothecity

5-AR inhibition by itself rarely results in significant regrowth either, so the very best thing you might have to show is that your hair is still the same several months later with perhaps the slightest thickening of the most recently miniaturized hairs and some vellus. No need to oversell it.

Significant regrowth usually requires near-complete AR inhibition and estrogen, I don't think I need to mention why this isn't acceptable for the average man.

I will also add that I believe that the main damage angles of androgens, or, rather, the lack of their counterpart endogenous anti-androgens in the balding scalp generally boils down to a few key angles such as excessive ROS, prostaglandins, and negative growth factors like DKK-1. These can all technically be inhibited by other means than straight up taking oral Finasteride (THE most asinine way to approach this) which inhibits something like 10 different hormonal conversions of which only 1 contributes to hair loss.
It’s not that rare, and I regrew on it, too

DhtAssassin

It's easy to answer OP's question. Because they do not have hair loss in the first place or they do not get any regrowth and just think that they did. If you go to forums, which specializes in hair loss, you will see that plenty of people are posting results from fin/estrogen/otherShitWhichHitsSameAngle. Same with Danny Roddy, he never had hair loss and now acts like he is hair loss guru.

hierundjetzt

It's easy to answer OP's question. Because they do not have hair loss in the first place or they do not get any regrowth and just think that they did. If you go to forums, which specializes in hair loss, you will see that plenty of people are posting results from fin/estrogen/otherShitWhichHitsSameAngle. Same with Danny Roddy, he never had hair loss and now acts like he is hair loss guru.
So everybody is telling lies? C'mon get real!

hierundjetzt

Yes, or they do not have hair loss. It's ridiculous to think that everybody is telling you the truth here.
Of course Theresa always be Sole alias or people who exaggerate...but the majority won't be like that. You seem to be very pessimistic.

hierundjetzt

it's delusion. you start a regime, tell yourself it works, maybe you even regrow some useless vellus hair. and then never reply further. been there, done that. Pictures or cothis pictu

it's delusion. you start a regime, tell yourself it works, maybe you even regrow some useless vellus hair. and then never reply further. been there, done that. Pictures or cope
Pictures can be even more deceiving. Anyway, why would anybody have to provide pictures? Either you take his word or you leave it. I certainly would not provide pictures, it's already a service by anyone to provide info on how he regrew hair.

keytothecity

Pictures can be even more deceiving. Anyway, why would anybody have to provide pictures? Either you take his word or you leave it. I certainly would not provide pictures, it's already a service by anyone to provide info on how he regrew hair.
nobody has to, but its just good practice if you got life changing regrowth partly due to a forum to take 2 seconds to document it and let them know. thats how forums should work. everybody has a smartphone and everyone can take anonymous pictures. nobody does because nobody regrows significant hair.

hierundjetzt

nobody has to, but its just good practice if you got life changing regrowth partly due to a forum to take 2 seconds to document it and let them know. thats how forums should work. everybody has a smartphone and everyone can take anonymous pictures. nobody does because nobody regrows significant hair.
Good practice? That's your personal opinion.
Well, you made up your mind. Just live with your baldness then.

DhtAssassin

Good practice? That's your personal opinion.
Well, you made up your mind. Just live with your baldness then.
Lol... I bet you will be just one of these guys. Who will claim that he is getting results from some random treatment and never provide pictures. After few years when somebody will ask you about your progress, you will respond with 'I accepted my hair loss'.

You are delusional. Nobody has time to waste for trying some treatment just because random guy said that he got regrowth from vitamin D or C. Results usually come after 6 months with valid treatment, and if you are on trashy treatment, your hair you lost during that time won't regrow.

There are hundreds of posts, where people claim that they had wasted 2-3 years trying natural treatments and finally jumped on finasteride while complaining that they lost a few norwoods during that time.

hierundjetzt

Lol... I bet you will be just one of these guys. Who will claim that he is getting results from some random treatment and never provide pictures. After few years when somebody will ask you about your progress, you will respond with 'I accepted my hair loss'.

You are delusional. Nobody has time to waste for trying some treatment just because random guy said that he got regrowth from vitamin D or C. Results usually come after 6 months with valid treatment, and if you are on trashy treatment, your hair you lost during that time won't regrow.

There are hundreds of posts, where people claim that they had wasted 2-3 years trying natural treatments and finally jumped on finasteride while complaining that they lost a few norwoods during that time.
You know so auch, good for you. However, these are just your opinions.
I would recommend that you finish school and then once you have become a little bit older and wiser reevaluate your fixed thoughts.

Sheik

@hierundjetzt

If you have no experience with this stuff it's likely that you will try something, look at your hair in the mirror, and think to yourself, "Hey, I think it might be working!"

Everyone has to figure this out. It's easy to fool yourself.

In the meantime you might post to a forum saying that X gave you regrowth. People immediately get on the defensive and start acting like jerks. You are confronted with the problem of whether to doubt yourself or double down (because those guys are jerks).

It's not that people are lying. Most of them aren't. It's just very easy to be fooled, especially when you really want something to work.

Arguing that something works just because someone on a forum says so is not a good side of an argument to be on. I'd compile a list of things people have claimed work, just to make a point, but that would be a waste of time.

DhtAssassin

You know so auch, good for you. However, these are just your opinions.
I would recommend that you finish school and then once you have become a little bit older and wiser reevaluate your fixed thoughts.
Yeah, once i'm older i'll definitely pick random forum users over wasteful scientists who spend years studying and doing research. Folks on forums know better for sure!

You are delusional. Nobody has time to waste for trying some treatment just because random guy said that he got regrowth from vitamin D or C.

Lol. Maybe Vitamin D not so much, but vitamin C I could actually believe. Especially if someone was taking large amounts like >5g daily. You would be metabolizing large amounts of L-Threonate which inhibits DKK-1, a known driver of baldness.

OP
J

Jack Earth

MrChibbs stated in some other thread that he has wide hips, indicative of high tissue aromatase (indicative of high scalp aromatase). And he has hair. Idc about advice from estrogenic men who keep hair. The billion dollar question is how low e high dht caucasian men keep hair.
I’m in the same boat, I get better in every aspect other than hair. Amazing physique with minimal effort. Very lean and androgenic features. Deep voice. No hair.
I still wonder if we can figure out a topical estrogen + systemic anti estrogen regimen. I think it would be promising for low E males. We need to go in a hlt mainstream direction while minimizing sides in the most pro androgenic way.
Most people here, including myself, are not willing to risk it though

why are pictures necessary? Neuroticism + hairloss. I have told myself often I’m regrowing, when it was just some useless vellus. I think many of us have been there.
No pictures = no results
You could put a few pumps of estrodiaol on your scalp.
Cant comment first hand but its recommendations by bodybuilders that say it doesn't go systemic

DhtAssassin

Lol. Maybe Vitamin D not so much, but vitamin C I could actually believe. Especially if someone was taking large amounts like >5g daily. You would be metabolizing large amounts of L-Threonate which inhibits DKK-1, a known driver of baldness.
Yes, that's valid argument by you. I've seen these studies.
Anyways, back to the topic - there is a reason we have placebo group whenever testing new drugs.

jondoeuk

Yes, that's valid argument by you. I've seen these studies.
Anyways, back to the topic - there is a reason we have placebo group whenever testing new drugs.

True, but who has got at least a decade to wait for a new drug to be approved, and then cost comes into play.

DhtAssassin

True, but who has got at least a decade to wait for a new drug to be approved, and then cost comes into play.
I'm not saying that we should not experiment with things. People should just take pictures in order to have real evidence that their treatment is working. Even taking a picture of a temple should be enough. This helps to filter out people who think that they got results, when they actually didn't.

Sam321

Everyone giving advice in a post should specify his NW status.
Else, we'd be having someone reading a comment by @johnwester130 boldly and confidently asserting that PUFAs are definitely bad for hair...meanwhile he is NW6 or something.

I think what happens is someone reading a post / comment that goes like "Taurine caused regrowth of my temples" and the one who reads this think of a full reversal of temples recession, when in reality it was just a few baby hairs showing that never really amounted to reversal of NW status.
I do understand that whenever someone is enthusiastic about seeing positive result with a supplement / dietary change, he is eager to share it, and I think this is what has happened on this forum.
It's one thing to get some baby hairs growing and another thing going from NW3 to NW2.

NW2.
Quitting my job and surfing in the sun grew some new hairs along the perimeter of my Norwood 3. Started to work again and hair shed again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals