Why Niacin Effects Some People And Doesn't Effect Another?

AngelZ

I am working with a person who doesn't experience flush from niacin. First day, my coworker took 500 mg, it didn't work, she too 500 mg more, it began to work. She had flush around 2 hours, which followed by dizziness. (Also redness around 8 hours) The second day, she took 500 mg and had normal reaction for niacin. The 3rd day, she took 3 g niacin (1g powder and 2g in pills) and did not work at all. I took from the same bottle half of tablets(around 250mg) and it worked pretty good. Maybe, some one had the same experience or some clue?

Vinny

I am working with a person who doesn't experience flush from niacin. First day, my coworker took 500 mg, it didn't work, she too 500 mg more, it began to work. She had flush around 2 hours, which followed by dizziness. (Also redness around 8 hours) The second day, she took 500 mg and had normal reaction for niacin. The 3rd day, she took 3 g niacin (1g powder and 2g in pills) and did not work at all. I took from the same bottle half of tablets(around 250mg) and it worked pretty good. Maybe, some one had the same experience or some clue?
If u know it worked for u, why u bother?

What-a-Riot

idk why some people are more and less sensitive to the niacin flush, but most people develop a tolerance to it if they take it every day. also, it's sounding like maybe these are extended release niacin pills, so there would be a lower concentration available to take effect at any given time if that's the case. Also, just because someone isn't turning red and feeling heat doesn't mean it isn't working, unless they're taking it specifically for a perceptible flush