why milk and starch don't mix?

gaze

They do mix. mashed potatoes like vileplume said. Oatmeal with milk. rice pudding. I think the reason some people have problems with it is cause they just dont digest either milk or starch well on its own. if you can eat both of them with no problems, they shouldnt usually. be a problem combined. Milk does have some natural bacteria in it, so maybe combined with the starch it may cause some bacterial problems. But im not sure.

dukesbobby777

Smaller amounts of milk, like with the above mentioned foods, seem to be ok for me. But basing a diet around milk (downing quarts) seems to cause lack of tolerability towards other foods (in my case). Mixing underripe fruits with milk especially seems to be an awful combination.

gaze

Smaller amounts of milk, like with the above mentioned foods, seem to be ok for me. But basing a diet around milk (downing quarts) seems to cause lack of tolerability towards other foods (in my case). Mixing underripe fruits with milk especially seems to be an awful combination.
good observation. I think its beacause quarts of milk and fruit throughout the day keep blood sugars up, so then when starch is eaten it makes blood sugar really messed up. I find a starch and milk meal works good for breakfast or something, or when blood sugars are on the lower side, but If im having a bunch of milk and OJ then just eat a big starch meal it kinda throws things off balance. I may be wrong though, thats just my own experience

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

The only reason I could think of was actually that milk and potato are both skyrocking insulin.
So if you combine these two then insulin raise even more and will eventually crash hard

Uselis

Yeah mash potatoes would be almost ideal food as far as calories and nutrient goes. It also cost like 40 cents per kg where I live. Yet it puts me into such submissive state that it seems my voice even changes lol. I can drink 4 liters of milk without problem but if I eat 200g rice or 6 medium boiled potatoes it could send me into severe melancholy for two days. Interestingely enough I handle homemade bread with milk much better than rice or potatoes.

Dr. B

The only reason I could think of was actually that milk and potato are both skyrocking insulin.
So if you combine these two then insulin raise even more and will eventually crash hard
is skim milk more insulin stimulating? due to lack of fat
what about whey protein?
can you have skim milk powder or whey mixed into fruit juices like OJ or pomegranate juice