why milk and starch don't mix?

Vileplume

I read here some comments that milk and starch don't mix.
But i can't figure out why... :think:
But that’s how you make mashed potatoes!

gaze

They do mix. mashed potatoes like vileplume said. Oatmeal with milk. rice pudding. I think the reason some people have problems with it is cause they just dont digest either milk or starch well on its own. if you can eat both of them with no problems, they shouldnt usually. be a problem combined. Milk does have some natural bacteria in it, so maybe combined with the starch it may cause some bacterial problems. But im not sure.

dukesbobby777

Smaller amounts of milk, like with the above mentioned foods, seem to be ok for me. But basing a diet around milk (downing quarts) seems to cause lack of tolerability towards other foods (in my case). Mixing underripe fruits with milk especially seems to be an awful combination.

gaze

Smaller amounts of milk, like with the above mentioned foods, seem to be ok for me. But basing a diet around milk (downing quarts) seems to cause lack of tolerability towards other foods (in my case). Mixing underripe fruits with milk especially seems to be an awful combination.
good observation. I think its beacause quarts of milk and fruit throughout the day keep blood sugars up, so then when starch is eaten it makes blood sugar really messed up. I find a starch and milk meal works good for breakfast or something, or when blood sugars are on the lower side, but If im having a bunch of milk and OJ then just eat a big starch meal it kinda throws things off balance. I may be wrong though, thats just my own experience

Hgreen56

The only reason I could think of was actually that milk and potato are both skyrocking insulin.
So if you combine these two then insulin raise even more and will eventually crash hard

Uselis

Yeah mash potatoes would be almost ideal food as far as calories and nutrient goes. It also cost like 40 cents per kg where I live. Yet it puts me into such submissive state that it seems my voice even changes lol. I can drink 4 liters of milk without problem but if I eat 200g rice or 6 medium boiled potatoes it could send me into severe melancholy for two days. Interestingely enough I handle homemade bread with milk much better than rice or potatoes.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Korven Do you feel best on A) "normal" 3x meals of meat/starch/veggies or B) "Peat style" no starch milk/meat/fruit diet? Diet, Recipes 46
metabolizm Is zero starch only possible for milk drinkers? Ask For Help or Advice 37
G Starch persorption from fortified milk? Doubts About Milk 1
I Milk And Starch Ask For Help or Advice 7
W Milk, chicken, starch, eggs... Diet, Recipes 21
M A2 cows milk and British government explanation of BSE disease Ask For Help or Advice 0
A Bacteria in Raw Milk Diet 30
J Is Raw a2 grass fed milk safe? Milk 17
A 1 Liter Of Cow Milk At Once in the morning Ok ? hypercalcemia ? Milk 29
A Does calcium sulphate (epsom salt+milk) increase endotoxin? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Is it possible to have a cold processed or cold temperature pasteurized milk product? Dairy 3
L Milk Does Not Raise Cholesterol 2 million studied Dairy, Eggs 2
M Do ice cream, cheese, yogurt , cream and other dairy products come from vitamin fortified milk? Dairy 41
B How much added sodium on an all-milk diet? Milk 5
OccamzRazer Raw milk for mood, bowel motility, and more! Testimonials 51
joshquintanilla Lucerne 1% Milk does not contain emulsifiers Dairy 5
deliciousfruit Why can I only tolerate whole milk? Diet 7
Sam321 Silica found in many Whole Foods milk brands Ask For Help or Advice 118
S How to skim your own milk Milk 4
M Usda organic label and raw milk Ask For Help or Advice 4
N Milk, mTOR and cancer Dairy, Eggs 52
L Switching to OJ concentrate and powdered milk makes a huge difference Diet 75
GelatinGoblin Which milk has the best Phosphorus to Calcium ratio? Dairy 29
Hgreen56 Milk cause Crohn disease & Rheumatoid Arthritis? Dairy 7
M Hidden ingredients present in American milk Diet 12
RWilly A cautionary note for those drinking milk and using baking soda or calcium carbonate Milk 3
Sexypizza Is 2% milk ok? or too much fat? Milk 2
R How can I EAT my milk? Diet, Recipes 15
Atma Evaporating Milk to Reduce Urination? Working Through Milk Issues 4
M Prolactin in Milk Hair & Nails 11
M Ideas to sweeten milk ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
TypicalJock Horrible reaction to milk Ask For Help or Advice 53
H Lemon juice mixed with milk Diet, Recipes 3
Hgreen56 Does milk or calcium raise gaba? Milk 3
K Question about added vitamins in milk Milk 2
A Consuming Milk Increase Your Risk for Prostate Cancer? Milk 35
M Mixing OJ and milk? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Atma 81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years Milk 58
H I am lactose intolerant - Goat's Milk, Cow's Milk, Sheep's Milk & Casein. What now? Digestion 24
Hgreen56 The amount of carbs/kcal decrease when you boil the milk? Dairy 1
B Raw Milk Indigestion Doubts About Milk 12
R Milk for LPR (silent reflux)? Calcium? Milk 10
merberg Which is better: uht milk or powdered milk? Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Forcing milk to cure lactose intolerance experiment Working Through Milk Issues 20
B The Land of Milk and Money Milk 0
M Organic Milk Contains More PUFA? Diet 3
TypicalJock Should I drink Milk or Oj in the morning? Ask For Help or Advice 5
egoy Anti-Peat (Curezone Thread) Milk: cause of autism? Debate - Anti-Peat 43
bzmazu Merry Christmas!... try my Milk and Brandy Milk 6
username Is it normal to get very pale stools from drinking lots of milk? Milk 7