Why it's important to buy a good quality milk brand

Hans

Forum Supporter
Silica, a commonly found additive in milk, has been shown to enhance the allergenicity of milk proteins.

"Results showed an enhancement in the allergenicity of milk proteins/skimmed milk interacted with particles (both silica and titania). Similarly, mast cell degranulation (a proxy for allergenicity) was higher when exposed to particle interacted skim milk where nanomaterials of titania showed the highest effect, and this tendency was retained even after subjecting to simulated gut digestion. Particles induced alterations in the structure of milk proteins, as evidenced by our studies, are reasoned to expose epitopes that increase allergenicity of milk proteins."

aniciete

My life long “lactose intolerance” went away when I switched from store bought to a local farms milk. This + A1 proteins most likely caused it.

Dave_Fit

Do they have to list Silica? I can't find it in any of the milk I have looked at. Haven't looked at them all, will check next time I have to buy.

aniciete

Do they have to list Silica? I can't find it in any of the milk I have looked at. Haven't looked at them all, will check next time I have to buy.
No they don’t have to list it

miquelangeles

Yes. Homogenization also denatures the proteins significantly.
But in my case, the cattle breed is the most important as well as the feed.
Milk is like honey in the sense that there is a huge number of cattle breeds and you may be allergic to some and to others not at all.
Personally I do great with milk, butter and cheese from Austrian breeds. Makes me feel great and energized, no sluggishness or any other reactions.
With other types of dairy I get all kinds of reactions, chronic cough, sneezing, excess mucus, sluggishness both physical and mental etc.

etc

Dave_Fit

No they don’t have to list it
Good to know. I buy raw milk in the warmer months. Technically I could still buy it now if I had a way to contact the lady I got it from at our local farmers market. They close the market Sept/Oct until spring. I was out of town on business and didn't think about it until it was too late.

Smitty

Is it possible milk could cause excessive flushing? My thought is my body is converting the tryptophan to niacin resulting in a flush. It’s something that’s developed over time while peating and consuming more dairy overall.

aniciete

Is it possible milk could cause excessive flushing? My thought is my body is converting the tryptophan to niacin resulting in a flush. It’s something that’s developed over time while peating and consuming more dairy overall.
Funny you mention this. Recently I’ve been dealing with the same exact thing. Whenever I consume lots of milk and even meat lately, I feel super flushed.

Smitty

Funny you mention this. Recently I’ve been dealing with the same exact thing. Whenever I consume lots of milk and even meat lately, I feel super flushed.
I thought I had outgrew the propensity to flush which I’ve had since I was a child. However, it’s recently came back and my increased dairy intake is the only correlation I could make. I don’t know how I’d reach a reasonable amount of calories in a day without milk!

Unless there’s some way of negating the effect of the high tryptophan content. Possibly consuming Gelatin with each serving of dairy but I’m unsure if that would prevent the niacin conversion pathology.

aniciete

I thought I had outgrew the propensity to flush which I’ve had since I was a child. However, it’s recently came back and my increased dairy intake is the only correlation I could make. I don’t know how I’d reach a reasonable amount of calories in a day without milk!

Unless there’s some way of negating the effect of the high tryptophan content. Possibly consuming Gelatin with each serving of dairy but I’m unsure if that would prevent the niacin conversion pathology.
Yeah I would really hate to have to give up milk. I’m personally going to drop some other foods I’ve started lately hoping those are the issue. Like you said, I don’t know how I’m gonna get a good amount of quick calories a day without milk if I have to give it up.

lucid&alive

I eat copious amounts of cheese, half and half, and ice cream and do fine. I was fine with milk for years but now any milk I try from the store causes persistent gas that begins hours after ingestion. It's very frustrating. As far as I can remember it happens with lactose-free milk as well so I don't believe it's the lactose.

Philomath

Vitamins A and D are typically added to milk as a powder. Typically, powdered vitamins have silica added to prevent clumping. Maybe some supplements don’t use silica and that’s why their milk is less allergenic?

Fred

Vitamins A and D are typically added to milk as a powder. Typically, powdered vitamins have silica added to prevent clumping. Maybe some supplements don’t use silica and that’s why their milk is less allergenic?

Interesting. I'll bet this is a way that unapproved substances can find their way into "organic" products. Hopefully people will soon realize that governments aren't protecting us, but are actually our number one enemy across the board.

Beastmode

I added raw milk to my regular consumption of 1% milk for about a year, up until recently. I now only drink 6 cups of raw milk per day in the mornings and I notice a slightly less irritation that was probably coming from the additives that were in the 1%.

It is more fat consumption per day, but my weight is actually lower since switching off. No change in anything else so maybe the lack of additives is partly what's leaning me out given the inflammation they were probably causing.

Greg

I added raw milk to my regular consumption of 1% milk for about a year, up until recently. I now only drink 6 cups of raw milk per day in the mornings and I notice a slightly less irritation that was probably coming from the additives that were in the 1%.

It is more fat consumption per day, but my weight is actually lower since switching off. No change in anything else so maybe the lack of additives is partly what's leaning me out given the inflammation they were probably causing.
Why do you drink all the milk in the morning? Problems with digestion when mixing with other foods?

Beastmode

Why do you drink all the milk in the morning? Problems with digestion when mixing with other foods?

I drink 3 large latte's over a period of 3+ hours. I go off what my body asks and most of the time it does great starting this way. I periodically will have fruit first thing if I feel like I need it, etc.

It's been like this for quite a few years now as how I've started my day and only good things from it so far.

Sam321

Silica, a commonly found additive in milk, has been shown to enhance the allergenicity of milk proteins.

"Results showed an enhancement in the allergenicity of milk proteins/skimmed milk interacted with particles (both silica and titania). Similarly, mast cell degranulation (a proxy for allergenicity) was higher when exposed to particle interacted skim milk where nanomaterials of titania showed the highest effect, and this tendency was retained even after subjecting to simulated gut digestion. Particles induced alterations in the structure of milk proteins, as evidenced by our studies, are reasoned to expose epitopes that increase allergenicity of milk proteins."
Ain't that a b i t c h.

konatowntom

I missed this in the initial article that started this thread, in regards to silica being added to milk. I have never heard that before. Louis Kervan did research on this subject and concluded that dairy cows converted the silica in the grass that they ate into calcium that was found in their milk, he called this process biological transmutation. https://ecands.bio/down/resources/CalcDecptn.pdf

Back
Top Bottom