Why It Might Be Better To Temporarily Gain Weight After Diet Improvement

mbachiu

i think all the refeeders should keep a thread where they post how well they’re doing with their program. With pics. I eagerly await the results from this very scientific diet program of nonstop junk food eating as a means of increasing metabolism and achieving, after temporary weight gain, a healthy BMI.

When refeeding guru is revealed to be an seventeen year old four chan troll i am going to go crazy
I don’t think anyone is saying that they’ll be eating non-stop junk foods. I think @Kelj is just trying to point out that when energy deficient, we sometimes need really calorie dense foods. & eating the odd chocolate bar is going to help with that. They also do have nutrients, when media has constantly stated that there is no nutrition in Taco Bell or a Twix bar.

Check out Kayla kotecki on YouTube or Alice Olivia. You can also check out Kalli Youngstrom on Instagram (she follows a keto approach, but still had a massive weight gain when she decided to start eating more food). There are examples out there. The human body is much more complex than you are grasping. I think, & this is my own personal belief, that the body can regenerate, given the right conditions. If you don’t believe that, I’m confused as to why you follow Ray Peat...

OP
Kelj

Kelj

Who's been talking about non-stop junk food eating? There have been two views expressed here:

1. You should never eat si-called junk food.

2. You can eat so-called junk food when you feel like it.

Why these exagerations?

I have worked as a personal chef. I cook for my family every day. I enjoy making homemade food and eating it. I eat anything I want. I don't gain weight. I am completely well, even though I eat so-called junk food when I feel like it.

I have shared the science for everyone to see.

Kayla Rose Kotecki is a good example of what I have been talking about.

signalguy

Who's been talking about non-stop junk food eating? There have been two views expressed here:

1. You should never eat si-called junk food.

2. You can eat so-called junk food when you feel like it.

Why these exagerations?

I have worked as a personal chef. I cook for my family every day. I enjoy making homemade food and eating it. I eat anything I want. I don't gain weight. I am completely well, even though I eat so-called junk food when I feel like it.

I have shared the science for everyone to see.

Kayla Rose Kotecki is a good example of what I have been talking about.
I'm sure it would help some of us here if you wouldn't mind posting pictures at your recovery overshoot weight and your current weight. You can obviously block out your face.

i think all the refeeders should keep a thread where they post how well they’re doing with their program. With pics. I eagerly await the results from this very scientific diet program of nonstop junk food eating as a means of increasing metabolism and achieving, after temporary weight gain, a healthy BMI.

When refeeding guru is revealed to be an seventeen year old four chan troll i am going to go crazy

To be honest, I worry about this as well. Having said that, you can look up kayla rose kotecki on youtube and see her transformation.

yeah **** transformers.its something more sinister than trolling.You WILL get severe Health-issues from wishful thinking-
-TwIx-Dieting.Thats the reason for the Diseases in the first place.Ad-Libitum TWIX-Refeed.Its fishing for desperate,
hollowed-out people.Any Refeed only and only with true Foods.

I'm open minded.

This makes some sense to me.

And what people do in general (including me) doesn't work.

So there must be more to it. Maybe this is the "more to it".

the idea that you simply must "eat less and get more exercise" is ridiculous. I think the evidence suggests lots of people eating less, exercising and bloating out with fat.

That's what I see.

OP
Kelj

Kelj

I'm not so sure. Isn't there a picture a man, before and after, in this thread, who ate nothing for a year or more and lost a lot of weight. How do we know he really did that? Do we believe that was a healthy thing to do? Many still have doubts.

The people who know me personally, have seen how I eat and my health, looks, and weight transformation. They, at least, believe it worked for me.

Either people will read the science, can understand the science and are courageous enough to try it, or they are not. People who do not are not going to be convinced by a couple of pict

I'm not so sure. Isn't there a picture a man, before and after, in this thread, who ate nothing for a year or more and lost a lot of weight. How do we know he really did that? Do we believe that was a healthy thing to do? Many still have doubts.

The people who know me personally, have seen how I eat and my health, looks, and weight transformation. They, at least, believe it worked for me.

Either people will read the science, can understand the science and are courageous enough to try it, or they are not. People who do not are not going to be convinced by a couple of pict

"I'm not so sure. Isn't there a picture a man, before and after, in this thread, who ate nothing for a year or more and lost a lot of weight. How do we know he really did that?"

Can you show me that picture and the story behind it? that sounds interesting.
CICO does work approximately of course.If someone has Bodytemperature,Pulse etc.,he is still living,energy expenditure.No One can live for a year wthout Protein intake and micronutrients of course.
THE RESIDUAL WEIGHT IS WATER WEIGHT IN DIETING.

edit addition

signalguy

yeah **** transformers.its something more sinister than trolling.You WILL get severe Health-issues from wishful thinking-
-TwIx-Dieting.Thats the reason for the Diseases in the first place.Ad-Libitum TWIX-Refeed.Its fishing for desperate,
hollowed-out people.Any Refeed only and only with true Foods.

Go look at the Youtube channel of Claudia Walsh. This girl eats and eats and eats and can't weigh more than 100 pounds. Also, she never talks about dieting or vegan, or carnivore, or keto. She eats all types of food even so-called bad ones.

signalguy

I'm about 40 pounds overweight and have a history of yo-yo dieting. Last Saturday I started to make sure I eat at least 3,000 calories a day plus more when I'm hungry. If you're lying, you should eat a bag of dicks.

Go look at the Youtube channel of Claudia Walsh. This girl eats and eats and eats and can't weigh more than 100 pounds. Also, she never talks about dieting or vegan, or carnivore, or keto. She eats all types of food even so-called bad ones.

"This girl eats and eats and eats."No,she doesnt. there is only so much you can obstruct efficiency of energy gerneration
if you are Healthy.Losing weight through Heatloss is a meme.if you get fevers from eating,maybe.Without Drugs or Disorders,
People have to eat clean or CICO.i got Fat with Healthy Foods and decent shape in no-time.Dont get Fat,
atleast not more than 10 Pounds,and dont do a TWIX-diet.What you guys are recommending so heartily is what destroyed
the health of the population in the first place.eating what someone is craving,Ad-Libitum.Eating is Duty ,not a means
of After-Work-entertainment.Proceed with extreme Caution.

signalguy

"This girl eats and eats and eats."No,she doesnt. there is only so much you can obstruct efficiency of energy gerneration
if you are Healthy.Losing weight through Heatloss is a meme.if you get fevers from eating,maybe.Without Drugs or Disorders,
People have to eat clean or CICO.i got Fat with Healthy Foods and decent shape in no-time.Dont get Fat,
atleast not more than 10 Pounds,and dont do a TWIX-diet.What you guys are recommending so heartily is what destroyed
the health of the population in the first place.eating what someone is craving,Ad-Libitum.Eating is Duty ,not a means
of After-Work-entertainment.Proceed with extreme Caution.

Well in one of her recent videos, she starts off with fish tacos, proceeds to ice cream, and finishes of with a large soft pretzel. Now, I'm quite sure, because she never had the misfortune of reading about nutrition, she stops eating when she's full like a normal person. I'm also quite certain that she eats roughly 2500 calories a day. In other words, she's normal.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Kelj, sorry if I missed it but how long did you sit with the overshoot and how much percentage wise was it above your set point? Thank you

Well in one of her recent videos, she starts off with fish tacos, proceeds to ice cream, and finishes of with a large soft pretzel. Now, I'm quite sure, because she never had the misfortune of reading about nutrition, she stops eating when she's full like a normal person. I'm also quite certain that she eats roughly 2500 calories a day. In other words, she's normal.

do they video her private toiletmoments also.seriously,there are lots of desperate people fishing for attention out there,
there is purging etc,i already saw internet VEGANS gobbling down Fish-Heads @ the beach resort.
if its 2500kcal and she is sporting or Growing or uses preworkout than sure,and 2500 is achievable naturally also,but not much more.

YamnayaMommy

I didn’t follow the thread, but if you’re referring to the obese Scottish man, angus barbieri, who fasted for over a year and lost a ***t ton of fat, his fast was medically supervised so it seems unlikely that it was falsified. He didn’t gain the weight back, either. But he died at age 50, though, so I don’t find his case particularly compelling evidence that an obese person ought to just stop eating until he reaches his ideal weight.

YamnayaMommy

do they video her private toiletmoments also.seriously,there are lots of desperate people fishing for attention out there,
there is purging etc,i already saw internet VEGANS gobbling down Fish-Heads @ the beach resort.
if its 2500kcal and she is sporting or Growing or uses preworkout than sure,and 2500 is achievable naturally also,but not much more.

Yeah there’s no way I would take any you tuber’s transformations at face value. I assume they are all falsified to some degree.

That’s why I don’t buy the refeeding “science.” It simply does not explain anybody I’ve ever known. All the lean people healthy eat moderately and healthfully and exercise. All the fat people eat too much and are constantly eating.

YamnayaMommy

I'm about 40 pounds overweight and have a history of yo-yo dieting. Last Saturday I started to make sure I eat at least 3,000 calories a day plus more when I'm hungry. If you're lying, you should eat a bag of dicks.
Let me just reassure you that if for some reason this doesn’t go according to plan, you can do IF and get the weight off fast. I weighed in at 208.8 last February 28 when I went to have my baby (9 lbs), and am now back down to 140 through intermittent fasting and peating.

OP
Kelj

Kelj

This video is from Stephanie Buttermore. She is a brave woman. A "fitness influencer" on YouTube who decided to "go all in" as fully recovering from an eating disorder or just restricted eating is being called. In this video, which, I believe is the second one she made on this journey, ( a journey she is still very much in, as she began this year), she also speaks to Kayla Rose Kotecki, who is recovered. It is a very real documentation of the
highs and lows of the process.

This one is from 6 days ago. Stephanie talks about where she is now and how she feels about it. There is also one where she and her boyfriend talk about how he feels about what she is doing.

Again, she is not finished with the health restoration. It has only been about four months, but it is valuable to find out what to expect from those who have done it and those who are still in the throes of it.

@Blossom

I gained weight/stayed at weight for about 8 months. I was about 25% above set point weight.

OP
Kelj

Kelj

In case you missed it when I talked about this, I was doing intermittent fasting for months before I began my recovery. I was feeling as sick as I'd ever felt in my life. I was skinny fat. I had lost the muscle from my legs and backside and though I was a normal weight, I had excess fat deposition on my abdomen. I was exercising at the gym. Now, without exercising during recovery, the opposite has happened. I have my muscle back and, though it is abdominal fat that is primarily laid on in recover, my waistline is back to normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals