Why Is THIS Serotonin Receptor Type Bad?

Time&energy

Serotonergic agents that activate 5HT2A receptors prevent NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity. - PubMed - NCBI

Are all serotonin receptors equally as bad as one another?
In my opinion serotonin has multiple opposing outcomes on various different receptor sites, making it more of a neuromodulator than a neurotransmitter.
I have speculated in the past that serotonin could be classified as a harm avoidance chemical, due to the studies pointing to high serotonin levels being negatively associated with novelty.
With this in light I could see how an extreme manifestation from novel sensation could provoke an extreme reaction, IE an autistic person exposed to loud noise or large crowds.
I have experienced these sensations myself from taking stupendously large doses of 5HTP, before I knew of the detrimental effects of serotonin.
In regards to substances that classify as agonists to the 5HT1 receptors, like Creatine, ALCAR or Fluoxetine, it seems like they amplify anxiety, movement problems and produce hypersensitive reactions to stimulus.
I can't help wondering however, why it is the opposite reaction is imparted through 5HT2A agonists on me.
It seems that this receptor type can have positive effects on cognition. As I understand it the 5HT2A receptor is bound to glutamate receptors and is pivotal for the functioning of dopamine receptors. It seems that agonists such as Inositol hexonoate and Ashwanghanda have beneficial effects in terms of social mediation, anxiety and cognition.
Why therefore would this serotonin receptor be as bad as the others?

OP
T

Time&energy

alywest

Serotonergic agents that activate 5HT2A receptors prevent NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity. - PubMed - NCBI

In my opinion serotonin has multiple opposing outcomes on various different receptor sites, making it more of a neuromodulator than a neurotransmitter.
I have speculated in the past that serotonin could be classified as a harm avoidance chemical, due to the studies pointing to high serotonin levels being negatively associated with novelty.
With this in light I could see how an extreme manifestation from novel sensation could provoke an extreme reaction, IE an autistic person exposed to loud noise or large crowds.
I have experienced these sensations myself from taking stupendously large doses of 5HTP, before I knew of the detrimental effects of serotonin.
In regards to substances that classify as agonists to the 5HT1 receptors, like Creatine, ALCAR or Fluoxetine, it seems like they amplify anxiety, movement problems and produce hypersensitive reactions to stimulus.
I can't help wondering however, why it is the opposite reaction is imparted through 5HT2A agonists on me.
It seems that this receptor type can have positive effects on cognition. As I understand it the 5HT2A receptor is bound to glutamate receptors and is pivotal for the functioning of dopamine receptors. It seems that agonists such as Inositol hexonoate and Ashwanghanda have beneficial effects in terms of social mediation, anxiety and cognition.

It's def super confuse-balls. If you read about various serotonin related drugs ("good" and "bad") they each seem to have a totally unique combination of receptor agonism/antagonism. And the extra confusing thing is that an receptor antagonist or agonist seem to be able to reduce serotonin by allowing it to be taken up by the receptor. At least that is my understanding, which is admittedly very very rudimentary. However, I know there is a difference between plasma and platelet serotonin, and it's my understanding the 5HT2B is plasma, which is the very bad serotonin, and lisuride would help you remove that type of serotonin better by antagonizing the receptor. It also agonizes 5HT2A and C. And that's good, too. This is opposed to tianeptine, which is a 5HT uptake facilitator. So it's a different mechanism with, in my opinion, a similar result. I think. Yeah. There's your science lesson for the day. Have a good weekend.

Frankdee20

Idk about that one you post but 5ht1a apparently has good effects, its effects are dopaminergic.

5ht1a | Ray Peat Forum

The 1A Auto receptor is interesting though because if you agonize or block it on the pre or post side, you get good or bad effects. A lot of times, we read about a substance acting on this receptor but never specified what side.

Frankdee20

2 A is definitely a thinking receptor but it can activate stress hormones