Why is the forum blue?

Violet

Well, since we're all throwing our two cents in... ;)

Blue is generally a depressive colour. Before I started posting I always found the 'vibe' of the forum a little... subdued? I think it was because of the colour.

Really, I think white is under rated. You can still have boxes and everything in colour, but a white background just lifts everything and makes it easier to read. Studies have been done showing that people find it easier to focus on black writing on light backgrounds, as opposed to white writing on dark backgrounds.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh I totally agree about the white. I had tried it before but could not get it to look right. Will give it a shot again.

Mittir

It looks cleaner with white background. But i am wondering how much blue light is there in white background.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think white is the best. If people are very worried about blue light then they can install f.lux. F.lux is pretty powerful at taking out most the bad stuff. I think we should go with cleaner white, if possible. Because many people are starting to search Ray Peat and we don't want to lose them just because a color makes the feel weird. :P

Just gotta figure out what we are gonna do about the blue skies though. Oh, and the blue ocean. :mrgreen: :P JK!

I am working on trying to get all the background white, but this is proving to be not easy. :lol: I have contacted someone for help so please bear with me as I get it figured out.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anybody liking the way its going now? Still have a couple places that I am trying to get the blue background out of.

Violet

Charlie said:
Anybody liking the way its going now? Still have a couple places that I am trying to get the blue background out of.

I think the white is looking better! But I think you need to use either blue or orange as the secondary colour scheme. There's too much going on I think. Also, the box with RP quotes on the home page could be white instead of green.

Sorry if I'm being too butt-y in-y!! :P ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Violet said:
Charlie said:

I think the white is looking better! But I think you need to use either blue or orange as the secondary colour scheme. There's too much going on I think. Also, the box with RP quotes on the home page could be white instead of green.

Sorry if I'm being too butt-y in-y!! :P ;)

I am thinking blue for secondary, I was just trying the grey but do not like it.

For the quotes, they need to be some kind of different color.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmmm, white quotes, I dunno. Whadda ya think?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I kinda like it where its at now. Any comments?

I know there is still blue, it will be hard to make the site red and it look good. However, there is a lot less blue now. And like I said above, if you are worried about blues you need to have f.lux installed anyways. Try f.lux for a few hours and then turn it off, it will blow your mind how much blue it cuts out.

Violet

Charlie said:
I kinda like it where its at now. Any comments?

I know there is still blue, it will be hard to make the site red and it look good. However, there is a lot less blue now. And like I said above, if you are worried about blues you need to have f.lux installed anyways. Try f.lux for a few hours and then turn it off, it will blow your mind how much blue it cuts out.

I think it looks good! I would add a teeny bit of colour to the white background, jsut to take the harsh glare out of the white. I'd add blue personally, to keep it uniform... Or you could try a tiny dash of orange? It's just so it's not so BING-white, if you know what I mean...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, how's that. I darkened the white a bit.

Violet

Charlie said:
Ok, how's that. I darkened the white a bit.

Hmm... maybe you could try a very mild cream shade instead of the darker white? Just to keep it warm.

But I think looks so much better! :)

(for teh record, I do work in the arts, so hopefully my advice isnt coming from nowhere :p)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Violet, I sincerely appreciate your input. I have a creamy looking color but I dont know about it.

Is there any colors on here you like? Just click on the color and it will show the number of the color, I will need the number.

http://html-color-codes.info/

Violet

It's a pleasure!

I agree, the last colour was a bit pinky. WHich one was it?

None of those colours are wonderful... I think you basically want something that is practically white, but with a warmish tone. Maybe the top line yellow-orange? #FBF8EF We'd need to see it to know for sure!

Edit: is the colour you have now different? I like it better! Either that or my eyes have gotten used to it :p

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Not sure what color the pinky was was, oops.

This is the one I have now. #FBF5EF What do you think? Very close to what you just suggested.

Violet

it looks pretty good to me Charlie! It's a big improvement on before - looks light and clean :) I'd suggest leaving it the way it is and coming abck to it tomorrow with fresh eyes? At this stage we're working with the very fine details. It looks good :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Violet, thank you much. I think it looks pretty good too! :hattip

Yes, I am done for today. Its a beautiful and very cool day today, so gonna go enjoy some outside time.

Thank you for everyone that helped with this. Like Violet says, gonna come back and tweak it when rested up.

Violet

Enjoy! :)

Violet

Hey Charlie, Liking what my fresh eyes see! :)

Just a thought - I think there needs to be a border between different people's posts now - the same dark blue border you've got below (where it says "similar topics"). On first glance the posts blend into each other and it's hard to see where one poster ends and another begins.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh I am liking it this morning too!

I tried blue for the border, but it was too much. I set it to white now, what do you think?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals