Why is Progest-E trusted but there is no consensus on a good pregnenolone?

EnergeticLeo

From what I understand Peat had stopped recommending pregnenolone because of poor reactions he was hearing, and suspected the quality of pregnenolone had declined.
But progest-E's progesterone is USP and AFAIK he was still recommending and using progest-E in recent years.

Does anyone know where Kenogen source their progesterone from? Maybe that source could also be a good source of pregnenolone? I am not able to find USP pregnenolone anywhere.

Progesterone and pregnenolone are so similar it seems odd Peat had a trusted progesterone source but not one for pregnenolone. I'm particularly interested in powdered pregnenolone.

anvelomax

Beware of cheap pregnenolone. Cheap pregnenolone is often pregnenolone acetate and companies are not required to disclose that. Our pregnenolone is bio identical, micronized, and 99.3% pure. We strive to have the best possible pregnenolone available world wide and that quality is not cheap, even for us buying 25kg at a time. We believe purity and quality come first when it comes to your body and that you deserve value instead of shortcuts.

Peachy

Beware of cheap pregnenolone. Cheap pregnenolone is often pregnenolone acetate and companies are not required to disclose that. Our pregnenolone is bio identical, micronized, and 99.3% pure. We strive to have the best possible pregnenolone available world wide and that quality is not cheap, even for us buying 25kg at a time. We believe purity and quality come first when it comes to your body and that you deserve value instead of shortcuts.
I’ve used this before and did well with it. How long does it last and when will it be back in stock?

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Would you consider doing a USP pregnenolone powder?

Jman

Probably because there are some "giant steroid producers" that take care to make quality, highly pure progesterone that they sell to pharmaceutical producers who appreciate such quality. But with Pregnenolone there are dozens of little companies, mostly from china, all trying to make the cheapest product that mostly goes to supplement vendors to flip.

A few months ago I asked Kenogen if they've ever looked into sourcing a good pregnenolone product, and they responded:

"We used to have a good source, but they stopped making it. None of the others we’ve checked come close to being as good, but we continue to look for a good source."

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Probably because there are some "giant steroid producers" that take care to make quality, highly pure progesterone that they sell to pharmaceutical producers who appreciate such quality. But with Pregnenolone there are dozens of little companies, mostly from china, all trying to make the cheapest product that mostly goes to supplement vendors to flip.

A few months ago I asked Kenogen if they've ever looked into sourcing a good pregnenolone product, and they responded:

"We used to have a good source, but they stopped making it. None of the others we’ve checked come close to being as good, but we continue to look for a good source."
Wow thanks for sharing. I was going to ask them exactly this question.
I wonder what their criteria is for a good pregnenolone.

If only we had free access to high quality powdered supps from the OG Syntex factory in Mexico :D

exile

I wonder what made that Pregnenolone source so good. They were probably just using wild yam like everyone else.

Jman

I wonder what made that Pregnenolone source so good. They were probably just using wild yam like everyone else.

Ray said that the German chemists working there were very meticulous. He also said that today's Pregnenolone seems to have trace amounts of estrogenic substances, by the reactions he's seen in women. It only takes a few micrograms of an estrogen to produce a bad effect.

exile

That’s interesting. I thought cortinon was supposed to be like Pregnenolone without it actually being Pregnenolone for what’s it’s worth.

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Ray said that the German chemists working there were very meticulous. He also said that today's Pregnenolone seems to have trace amounts of estrogenic substances, by the reactions he's seen in women. It only takes a few micrograms of an estrogen to produce a bad effect.
Wow, very interesting! Do you have a link to where he said this? would love to listen to him talk around this topic more.

D

Deleted member 14744

Anybody know if pregnenolone powder from bulk supplements is any good?
I've been using it for few months and have had mixed results, some alleviation of estrogen dominance symptoms, like breast pain and acne, but I think it has contributed to weight gain too, which tells me it's estrogenic. I requested a COA, which I couldn't upload here, perhaps due to being a new member, that says it's over 99% pure, but I fear it doesn't tell the whole story. I also seem to recall Ray and Georgi discussing on GE that exposure to humidity can make pregnenolone more estrogenic. I can't recall the full explanation of that, but I do live in a pretty humid area.
Anyway, I finally quit taking the pregnenolone and will monitor any changes and follow up.

golder

What are people's thoughts on MRM Pregnenolone? I saw a few people recommend it highly and it's very competitively priced. I guess the only way of knowing is just simply to try it and look for any symptoms?

Jman

Wow, very interesting! Do you have a link to where he said this? would love to listen to him talk around this topic more.
I think it was on a Danny Roddy GE podcast. I tried searching for it but it seems youtube has shadowbanned many of those episodes.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Has anyone found a good pregnenolone source?
@EnergeticLeo @Jman @PansySW or anyone?
Have you tried Stressnon by Idealabsdc.com? I like it. I don’t have a lot to report on it. Only used it for about a month. Definitely appropriate name, it’s very calming.