Why Is Peat A Fan Of Milk With All The Unhealthy Opioids In It?

Jayvee

For whats its worth,
1) Butter reliably gives me back acne and causes hairloss. I have isolated it and tested adding it in and taking it out systematically, 4 times now.
2) Milk specifically from A1 cows gave me weight gain, gyno, acne, low libido, low motivation and caused a significant amount of hairloss for me. I systematically tested this out 2x. I did this after finding Peat, while I was in my 20's, while using cronometer to track everything, and adhering to my diet greater than 95% of the time for multiple months at a time.

Many studies show opiates antagonizing dopamine, thus raising prolactin and turning off sex steroid production. In my experience milk consumption induced this same aformentioned profile in me and more, and BCM7 seems the most likely culprit atleast for the opiate effects. p

Goat milk, which is A2, was much less damaging, but I still did not tolerate it 100%.

I’m in the same boat as you. I do have high prolactin anyway but dairy tends to make my Prolactin symptoms slightly worse. I think the opioids can be mitigated from coffee (Got that tip from a Hans article) , I was drinking decaf mocha milkshakes with A2 milk and that seems to help things a lot but not any easy thing to make all the time and it only makes things 60-70% better. Annoyingly I crave Parmesan and it really ***** me over.

RealNeat

tca300 said:
“Me: The opioid peptide beta-casomorphine-7 from A1 milk worries me, do you have any thoughts on this since you haven't spoken fondly of opioids
Ray Peat: The experiments involved injecting it into brains. It’s a peptide derived from partial digestion of casein; good digestion should reduce it to amino acids.”

Virology uses similar methods to try and claim viruses cause disease.

CLASH

"Subjects who consumed milk containing only A2 β-casein had significantly less severe gastrointestinal symptoms as measured by visual analog scales, reduced stool frequency, and improvements in stool consistency, compared with subjects consuming conventional milk. There were significant increases from baseline in serum interleukin-4, immunoglobulins G, E, and G1, and beta-casomorphin-7 coupled to lower glutathione levels, in subjects consuming conventional milk compared with milk containing only A2 β-casein. Subtle Cognitive Impairment Test analysis showed significant improvements in test accuracy after consumption of milk containing only A2 β-casein. There were no severe adverse events related to consumption of either milk product."

trance

What a bizarre dismissal from Ray. The opiod receptors are expressed in the gut, which BCM-7 will bind to, no need to inject into brains. Further, there's plenty of studies showing improved outcomes in humans with A2 milk.

1673411292731.png

1673411325159.png

Beneficial Effects of Milk Having A2 β-Casein Protein: Myth or Reality?

cardochav

Rat studies perhaps are not the best to base behavioral effects of substances since they are nocturnal. The case of Dr. Durovic's Krebiozen comes to mind when it had a 70% cure rate in Humans and had no effect on mice.

RealNeat

The opioid issue is with A1 milk. Just drink A2 milk and there shouldn't be an issue.
i remember you posting something about this before but is it true that fermented milk is free of the opioid issue in large part and that yoghurt and the like can be consumed without worry even if its a1?

Judd Crane

@Hans has a theory as to why some people has issues with A1 casein:

I think it’s because they have low strains of certain bifidobacteria.

All strains tested showed some level of dipeptidyl peptidase activity, which is thought to be involved in the degradation of food-derived opioid peptides. However, this activity was higher in bifidobacterial strains that are commonly found in the intestines of human infants, such as Bifidobacterium longum subsp. longum, B. longum subsp. infantis, Bifidobacterium breve and Bifidobacterium bifidum, than in those of other species, such as Bifidobacterium animalis and Bifidobacterium pseudolongum.” (R)

So if you want to try a probiotic to improve the digestion of milk, try one containing bifidobacterium longum, infantis, breve and bifidum, such as this or this one.
Has anyone tried these probiotics as per his recommendation?

Hans

Forum Supporter
i remember you posting something about this before but is it true that fermented milk is free of the opioid issue in large part and that yoghurt and the like can be consumed without worry even if its a1?
It should improve the digestion yes, but it's impossible to say if the fermentation broke all the A1 casein down.

Jamsey

Looking at this, it seems like kefir has a higher opioid peptide(casomorphin-7) content than regular milk, but also is unique in the presence of an opioid antagonist peptide casoxin-A.

Hard to say whether this would increase or decrease overall opioid activity.

Back
Top Bottom