Why Is Peat A Fan Of Milk With All The Unhealthy Opioids In It?

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

It has little estrogen and it's balanced by progesterone.
he is saying that he got fat and also developed gyno from consuming milk/dairy.
Also i already said here that i got estrogen and prolactin symtoms from taking milk within a hour.
so thats "little" is apparently little more than you think.

boris

That's all it takes? He said? He said he blames it on drinking milk from age 3-15. A lot of factors play into it in that time.

boris

i am not phobic about it, i always notice prolactin and estrogen symptoms after consuming dairy within a hour.
(never tried a2 milk or goat milk, so i going to try that for a change)

What are those symptoms you are feeling? Is it only from milk or other dairy products too?

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

What are those symptoms you are feeling? Is it only from milk or other dairy products too?
first my gum is gone bleed, the same problem i also always got from vit c supps. and ray tolds me that this was related with high estrogen.
second, (long term use) my hair got thinner and bald on the back off my head. this recover when i ditch all dairy.
3th, libido's go's down
4th, migraines go's up.
5th: more yawning.
6th, more painful joints (within a hour)

The healthier I got, the more I could tolerate large amounts of milk. I drink over 4 litres a day, and have maybe only 4 cups of coffee with it, only positives.

Results: After the intake of cow milk, serum estrone (E1) and progesterone concentrations significantly increased, and serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone significantly decreased in men. Urine concentrations of E1, estradiol, estriol and pregnanediol significantly increased in all adults and children. In four out of five women, ovulation occurred during the milk intake, and the timing of ovulation was similar among the three menstrual cycles.
Conclusions: The present data on men and children indicate that estrogens in milk were absorbed, and gonadotropin secretion was suppressed, followed by a decrease in testosterone secretion. Sexual maturation of prepubertal children could be affected by the ordinary intake of cow milk.
Exposure to exogenous estrogen through intake of commercial milk produced from pregnant cows - PubMed

In my opinion, the people with the worst health problems should start with the heaviest milk, maybe even cream, and work their way down to 1%. Let the healing vitamin K do its work, calcium is very important but it wont get you far if your stress and fat soluble status are making it difficult to leave the blood as is..
The healthies people in the world living in japan and dairy is not a part of the traditional Japanese diet.

Last edited:

baccheion

The casein is extremely anti adrenaline (pro metabolism, anti stress) to begin with.

It pairs well with other of Ray's recommendations, namely coffee (and maybe sugar, with its electrolytes).

The healthier I got, the more I could tolerate large amounts of milk. I drink over 4 litres a day, and have maybe only 4 cups of coffee with it, only positives.

The only concern I have with milk is in making sure I get enough salt in the rest of my diet.
What do you eat overall? How much do you weigh? Body fat? How tall? CRON-o-meter screenshot?

Mito

Simply out of fairness, perhaps someone should mention the dozens of studies on β-casomorphin which hadn't involved 'injecting it into brains:'

Sun, Z. "A peptide found in schizophrenia and autism causes behavioral changes in rats." Autism (1999)
Nedvidkova, J. "Effect of beta-casomorphin and its analogue on serum prolactin in the rat." Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes (1985)
Lin, L. "β-Casomorphins stimulate and enterostatin inhibits the intake of dietary fat in rats." Peptides (1998)
Becker, A. "Effects of beta-casomorphin derivatives on gastrointestinal transit in mice." Biomed Biochim Acta (1990)
Lister, J. "Behavioral effects of food-derived opioid-like peptides in rodents: Implications for schizophrenia?." Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior (2015)
Taira, T. "Effect of beta-casomorphin on neonatal sleep in rats." Peptides (1990)

And also the dozens that show its presence in the bloodstream and/or cerebrospinal fluid perhaps implying that 'good digestion' isn't the norm, or that Ray Peat has a peculiar way of defining that term:

Terenius, L. "Opioid peptides in the cerebrospinal fluid of psychiatric patients." Progress in brain research (1986)
Sokolov, O. "Autistic children display elevated urine levels of bovine casomorphin-7 immunoreactivity." Peptides (2014)
Nyberg, F. "Opioid peptides in cerebrospinal fluid-methods for analysis and their significance in the clinical perspective." Front Biosci (2004)
Nyberg, F. "CSF opioids in pathophysiology." Opioids II (1993)
Wasilewska, J. "The exogenous opioid peptides and DPPIV serum activity in infants with apnoea expressed as apparent life threatening events (ALTE)." Neuropeptides (2011)
Banks, W. "Stereospecific transport of Tyr-MIF-1 across the blood-brain barrier by peptide transport system-1." Brain research bulletin (1990)
Sun, Z. "Relation of β-casomorphin to apnea in sudden infant death syndrome." Peptides (2003)
Storm, H. "Beta-endorphin, human caseomorphin and bovine caseomorphin immunoreactivity in CSF in sudden infant death syndrome and controls." Progress in clinical and biological research (1990)

When the topic about dairy comes-up, Ray Peat always seems to over-optimistically sideline any concern of the inquirer.

I did find one study using a direct microinjection, perhaps the one Ray Peat had been referring to:

Rauca, C. "Effects of intrastriatal microinjection of beta-casomorphins and its Des-tyrosine derivatives on rat motor behaviour." Biomedica biochimica acta (1986)

Vegancrossfit

hormones-in-cattle.jpg

I’m positive flax is even worse by the way

schultz

People are very passionate about their dislike for milk. It's something I am intrigued by. But I guess it is a unique food.

Below shows that BCM7 treated mice had lower PUFA byproduct (malondialdehyde), less renal damage, and reduced expression of the angiotensin system when compared to diabetic mice that didn't receive BCM7.

The Protective Effects of Beta-Casomorphin-7 against Glucose -Induced Renal Oxidative Stress In Vivo and Vitro

"The levels of MDA and H2O2 in the renal tissue were increased in diabetic group compared with these in the control group. BCM7 treatment reduced MDA (significantly) and H2O2 (non-significantly) level in the kidney compared to the diabetic rats."

"Real-time PCR revealed that compared to the rats of the control group, the diabetic rats had elevated expression of ACE mRNA and decreased expression of ACE2 mRNA. The expression of ACE mRNA was attenuated and ACE2 mRNA was increased by BCM7 treatment"

"Compared to rats of the control group, diabetic rats had elevated ACE expression and decreased ACE2 expression in the kidney (Fig. 9). BCM7 treatment partially attenuated these effects, which is consistent with the expression of mRNA."

"BCM7 was first isolated from an enzymatic digest of bovine casein[33]. Previous study found that BCM7 can protect rats from hyperglycemia and free radical-mediated oxidative stress in diabetic rats [12]. Moreover BCM7 can ameliorate deterioration of renal function and renal interstitial fibrosis caused by diabetes[13]. In our research we found BCM7 can increase the activity of SOD and GPx, and decrease the concentration of MDA in the kidney of diabetic rats and the NRK-52E cells exposure to HG (Table 2, Fig. 4A, 5A and 6A). All these data indicated that BCM7 can ameliorate high glucose-induced renal oxidative stress."

"Our results showed that rats with STZ-induced diabetes had higher expression of ACE and lower expression of ACE2 in the kidney compared with the control rats. These changes have been ameliorated by BCM7 treatment. At the same time, our study demonstrated that BCM7 also reduced the level of AngII in the kidney of diabetic rats, which confirm the expression of ACE and ACE2."

"Moreover we found that losartan (antagonist of angiotensin II type I receptor) could alleviate the decreases of SOD and GPx activity, the increase of MDA contents in the cells exposure to HG. We also found that BCM7 could attenuate the HG-induced increase in AngII in the culture medium in a concentration-dependent manner. It suggests that BCM7 may inhibit HG-induced oxidative stress by decreasing the level of AngII."

YourUniverse

What do you eat overall? How much do you weigh? Body fat? How tall? CRON-o-meter screenshot?
Well, I'm not much interested in being seen as a guru nor an authority so I'd rather not share specifics. I have health problems of my own, far from having figured everything out. The diet is pretty expected, of milk, coffee, butter and coconut oil, some fruits (mainly apples right now) for example

baccheion

Well, I'm not much interested in being seen as a guru nor an authority so I'd rather not share specifics. I have health problems of my own, far from having figured everything out. The diet is pretty expected, of milk, coffee, butter and coconut oil, some fruits (mainly apples right now) for example
So mostly milk? How much additional fat? How many calories from milk vs. overall?

CLASH

For whats its worth,
1) Butter reliably gives me back acne and causes hairloss. I have isolated it and tested adding it in and taking it out systematically, 4 times now.
2) Milk specifically from A1 cows gave me weight gain, gyno, acne, low libido, low motivation and caused a significant amount of hairloss for me. I systematically tested this out 2x. I did this after finding Peat, while I was in my 20's, while using cronometer to track everything, and adhering to my diet greater than 95% of the time for multiple months at a time.

Many studies show opiates antagonizing dopamine, thus raising prolactin and turning off sex steroid production. In my experience milk consumption induced this same aformentioned profile in me and more, and BCM7 seems the most likely culprit atleast for the opiate effects. p

Goat milk, which is A2, was much less damaging, but I still did not tolerate it 100%.

equipoise

My hair is starting to thicken out after going back to the milk drinkers bandwagon. Might be just a protein deficiency solved but I doubt it.
I always included eggs, cheese, meat, liver, hearts, sardines..
More milk = better hair for me.

The casein is extremely anti adrenaline (pro metabolism, anti stress) to begin with.

It pairs well with other of Ray's recommendations, namely coffee (and maybe sugar, with its electrolytes).

The only concern I have with milk is in making sure I get enough salt in the rest of my diet.

Even the Cow is giving low Sodium beverages, why do we need so much Salt.

pepsi

... Milk drinkers aren't dying prematurely and many of them live well into their late 90s and 100s.

Critics blame Dr Peat for advocating milk as healthy while pointing out the unhealthy aspects of it, but Dr Peat drinks tons of milk and is doing better than most in his age group.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

For whats its worth,
1) Butter reliably gives me back acne and causes hairloss. I have isolated it and tested adding it in and taking it out systematically, 4 times now.
2) Milk specifically from A1 cows gave me weight gain, gyno, acne, low libido, low motivation and caused a significant amount of hairloss for me. I systematically tested this out 2x. I did this after finding Peat, while I was in my 20's, while using cronometer to track everything, and adhering to my diet greater than 95% of the time for multiple months at a time.

Many studies show opiates antagonizing dopamine, thus raising prolactin and turning off sex steroid production. In my experience milk consumption induced this same aformentioned profile in me and more, and BCM7 seems the most likely culprit atleast for the opiate effects. p

Goat milk, which is A2, was much less damaging, but I still did not tolerate it 100%.
interesting. i have almost same issues with dairy.
Never tried A2 or goat milk.
Do you have experience with taken only whey/casseine powders without other dairy products?
And eggs?

Last edited:
OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

Critics blame Dr Peat for advocating milk as healthy while pointing out the unhealthy aspects of it, but Dr Peat drinks tons of milk and is doing better than most in his age group.
yeah but you know what kinds he drinks?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom