Why Is Peat A Fan Of Milk With All The Unhealthy Opioids In It?

Jessie

i am not phobic about it, i always notice prolactin and estrogen symptoms after consuming dairy within a hour.
(never tried a2 milk or goat milk, so i going to try that for a change)
Yeah but most of western society is. Keto, paleo, plant-based, most carnivores, etc. Pretty much everyone in the "health community" is dairy phobic, and I don't think it's coincidental that many of these people are really unhealthy due to a lack of any real calcium in their diets. What little they do get is way out of proportion to the amount of phosphorus they're getting. Simply put, most people would be healthier if they didn't exclude milk imo.

Also I think it's premature to jump to the conclusion you have prolactin/estrogen issues specifically because of milk. Those are vague symptoms, which are caused by a host of different things. You should definitely get blood work done.

If you notice issues with milk post-consumption, more often then not ppl just have a problem with the lactose or the proteins.

YourUniverse

The casein is extremely anti adrenaline (pro metabolism, anti stress) to begin with.

It pairs well with other of Ray's recommendations, namely coffee (and maybe sugar, with its electrolytes).

The healthier I got, the more I could tolerate large amounts of milk. I drink over 4 litres a day, and have maybe only 4 cups of coffee with it, only positives.

The only concern I have with milk is in making sure I get enough salt in the rest of my diet.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Yes Travis doesn't seem to like milk for some reason. I have argued with him about the estrogen issue before. I don't think the tiny amount of estrogen is a problem, nor do I think the "opiate" thing is a problem (oh my gosh, it sounds like opium so it must be bad! It's like drinking heroin!!)

The Protective Effects of Beta-Casomorphin-7 against Glucose -Induced Renal Oxidative Stress In Vivo and Vitro

This study suggests it's protective. Personally, I think it probably doesn't have much biological effect negative or positive.

Cow's have both A1 and A2, it's just that some cow's have more of one or the other. As far as I understand it no breed has 100% of one or the other.
I was talking to my organic farmer about the A1, A2 issue, and he said that it is not the breed in particular, but the genetics of the individual cow, as to the predominance of either protein. In fact, he gets every one of his cows personally tested to access which protein they have in predominance. It is a generalization, perhaps, to say that Gurnseys or Jersey cows are all A2, according to him, those cows can also be A1 dominant as well.

YourUniverse

And please don't confuse drinking skim milk with having problems from milk. Any and all studies done on full milk vs. skim has shown significant damage from skim milk. Both in adults, and children. Up to statistically significant increase in obesity from skim milk in children.
I did not know this factually but it makes sense, I've wondered it for some time. Calcium needs vitamin K to direct it to the right places (as well as low cortisol and estrogen, which enable processes which strip bone of calcium and increase the blood level). Milk fat is very rich in vitamin K. I've always thought skim milk might be doing me damage, I've switched to 1%, but in Ray's defense he did say fat free milk [and orange juice] have "all the minerals needed" for fat loss or something to that effect, he did not give a full endorsement.

In my opinion, the people with the worst health problems should start with the heaviest milk, maybe even cream, and work their way down to 1%. Let the healing vitamin K do its work, calcium is very important but it wont get you far if your stress and fat soluble status are making it difficult to leave the blood as is.

Last edited:

schultz

I developed a distaste for milk after I got fat in my adolescent years. I also developed gyno, which I thoroughly blamed on milk.

Puberty is a time of high estrogen. Why did you choose to blame the milk?

The casein is extremely anti adrenaline (pro metabolism, anti stress) to begin with.

This is true. Casein has been shown to be anti-inflammatory.

I was talking to my organic farmer about the A1, A2 issue, and he said that it is not the breed in particular, but the genetics of the individual cow, as to the predominance of either protein. In fact, he gets every one of his cows personally tested to access which protein they have in predominance. It is a generalization, perhaps, to say that Gurnseys or Jersey cows are all A2, according to him, those cows can also be A1 dominant as well.

This may be true. I don't know enough about it though. In a study I was reading it said that the majority of cows have both A1 and A2, just at different percentages. It may indeed vary from cow to cow.

YourUniverse

In my experience, low calcium diets in general are a ticking time bomb. If a person has high blood calcium from stress they will not tolerate milk well (or calcium intake in general. They probably even feel relief from symptoms, as I did in my early 20s, from eliminating calcium-rich foods.). If their digestion is weak, they will not break the BCM7 into aminos. If they are hypothyroid they will probably have bacterial overgrowth preventing digestion. If they do not have a history of drinking milk, they will probably have down-regulated lactase. If they lack salt they will... feel weird. There probably are a few important "ifs" and likely more than I've listed.

Adults can run low calcium for a decent amount of time, but eventually I believe it always runs into problems. Weak skeleton and metabolic trouble, soft tissue calcification and hormonal dysregulation. The body can only strip calcium off the bone for so long...

Last edited:

yashi

i have googled yesterday about A2 milk and there are lot of people saying that A1 & A2 milk are the same and its only a commercial thing so they make a lot of money on it.
I'm not saying I agree with them, i am just confused.
I think the one side says "A2 milk is just a marketing fad to sell you expensive milk and milk from new zealand, where they switched to mostly A2 cattle" and the other says "A2 is the original milk and healthier and the other side is the milk lobby who are scared about the truth coming out, so they make sure that A2 milk is talked down as a marketing fad while they secretly move over to A2 type cattle more and more". There could be a kernel of truth in both of those. I do think it's interesting that most old cattle types produce A2 milk (atleast that's what I gathered when I researched it one day). I also read here on this forum that the milk that is not exclusively A1, but a mix between A1 & A2 will have a lot less of this supposed opiod effect (upto 90% was the figure thrown around here).

yashi

In fact, he gets every one of his cows personally tested to access which protein they have in predominance.
What does he do after he gains that knowledge? Does he then sort them and produce different milk types?

schultz

What does he do after he gains that knowledge? Does he then sort them and produce different milk types?

I would imagine he is trying to use the ones that have significantly higher A2 as breeding stock as to create a herd with mostly A2.

Uselis

Are there any food that is only net positive? Arctic whale liver oil and Goji berries where it's at ☺

I switched from commercial 2.5% milk to local raw milk which owner claims is at least 5% fat. Drinking up to 5 liters of that and got leaner vs 3 liters of commercial stuff. Tastes muuuuuch better also.

Goat milk is something of superfood according elders here. Appearently young girl had serious blood problems that no surprise doctors couldn't help with. Been healed by raw goat milk.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

. I also read here on this forum that the milk that is not exclusively A1, but a mix between A1 & A2 will have a lot less of this supposed opiod effect (upto 90% was the figure thrown around here).
Do you have a link?
And how do people know if milk is a mix between A1 & A2
I never read this on milk package's

equipoise

Puberty is a time of high estrogen. Why did you choose to blame the milk?

This is true. Casein has been shown to be anti-inflammatory.

This may be true. I don't know enough about it though. In a study I was reading it said that the majority of cows have both A1 and A2, just at different percentages. It may indeed vary from cow to cow.

Surely because I was ignorant at the time. The gallon of milk a day was on top of all the potatoes and meat.

I basically grew up eating only potatos baked in pig fat, a lot of milk and gauda cheese, eggs and plenty of home made bread.
Little to no vegetable oil. My estrogen exploded in puberty though, lots of acne, depression and fog. So I choose to blame milk because milk really upped my caloric intake.
I also connected everything with milk. My favourite "dessert" was sitting infront of PC, playing mind numbing games and dipping chocolate cookies in milk and drinking it.

I only started drinking milk after I read tons of Peat's newspaper articles and watched YouTube videos about him discussing everything.

rei

I did not know this factually but it makes sense, I've wondered it for some time. Calcium needs vitamin K to direct it to the right places (as well as low cortisol and estrogen, which enable processes which strip bone of calcium and increase the blood level). Milk fat is very rich in vitamin K. I've always thought skim milk might be doing me damage, I've switched to 1%, but in Ray's defense he did say fat free milk [and orange juice] have "all the minerals needed" for fat loss or something to that effect, he did not give a full endorsement.

In my opinion, the people with the worst health problems should start with the heaviest milk, maybe even cream, and work their way down to 1%. Let the healing vitamin K do its work, calcium is very important but it wont get you far if your stress and fat soluble status are making it difficult to leave the blood as is.
NO! Skip the dogma, even if it comes from Ray. I have never seen anyone argue against all these full vs skim milk studies that are out there. Why work down to 1% or skim if it is actively hurting you? Drink un-homogenized full milk! And of course raw milk is in a class of it's own, but that is not something most people alive today are able to source, only for the kings. So we need to find the workarounds available to us.

YourUniverse

NO! Skip the dogma, even if it comes from Ray. I have never seen anyone argue against all these full vs skim milk studies that are out there. Why work down to 1% or skim if it is actively hurting you? Drink un-homogenized full milk!
I feel great with 1%. I did not with skim. I also have butter, concentrated milk fat.

In my last paragraph, I am agreeing with you - fullest fat dairy products. I do not feel I need them right now. They have helped me in the past.

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

I developed a distaste for milk after I got fat in my adolescent years. I also developed gyno, which I thoroughly blamed on milk.
I consumed up to 20L of milk a week from age 3 to age 15. I have to note though that I had the most amazing and luscious hair. Thick, shiny, with a perfect hairline.
Never broke a bone in my body, and I lived dangerously. All the other kids had numerous broken bones and what not. I was always stronger than my peers even though I was shorter than them. I have a massive frame for my height which is around 173cm. Like top tier. I cut weight by cutting out all diary and had a gyno op done.
I love dairy now and full fat, semi skimmed and all sorts of cows and goat milk.
I ruined my health with drugs, intermittent fasting and a lot of bad experimentation. But I'm not sad. It all led to where I am today.

Milk is amazing.

Surely because I was ignorant at the time. The gallon of milk a day was on top of all the potatoes and meat.

I basically grew up eating only potatos baked in pig fat, a lot of milk and gauda cheese, eggs and plenty of home made bread.
Little to no vegetable oil. My estrogen exploded in puberty though, lots of acne, depression and fog. So I choose to blame milk because milk really upped my caloric intake.
I also connected everything with milk. My favourite "dessert" was sitting infront of PC, playing mind numbing games and dipping chocolate cookies in milk and drinking it.

I only started drinking milk after I read tons of Peat's newspaper articles and watched YouTube videos about him discussing everything.

i am confusing.
first you say that you developed a distaste for milk after you got fat and you also developed gyno, which you thoroughly blamed on milk.
And when you cutting out all diary, you lost weight and gyno was gone.
Well this makes all sense because the milk is high estrogen and opioids cause increase prolactin.

But then suddenly you start drinking milk again because you have read Peat's positive newspaper articles about milk?
thats not making any sense...

schultz

i am confusing.
first you say that you developed a distaste for milk after you got fat and you also developed gyno, which you thoroughly blamed on milk.
And when you cutting out all diary, you lost weight and gyno was gone.
Well this makes all sense because the milk is high estrogen and opioids cause increase prolactin.

But then suddenly you start drinking milk again because you have read Peat's positive newspaper articles about milk?
thats not making any sense...

Yes I was also confused by it. I can't figure out what they are trying to say.

Also, milk is not high in estrogen. It has a tiny bit of estrogen.

shine

This is of course just an anecdote, but I couldn't tolerate cow's milk for years. Drinking it had a strange effect on my consciousness, felt somewhat psychedelic but in a bad way.

After drinking goat milk for a year without issues, I decided to give cow's milk a try again. A high quality organic brand. I now don't have these issues drinking cow's milk.
It might be because my digestion got used to drinking milk again (even if it was in the form of goat milk) and started producing enzymes that help with milk digestion in general.
There's also a probiotic (Lactobacillus plantarum) that I've been taking for quite a while now, which helps against constipation induced by loperamide, an opioid drug used to stop diarrhea. Seems to be effective for milk induced constipation aswell.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom