Why Is My Parathyroid Hormone So LOW?

DB_2014

I have many of the symptoms of hyperparathyroidism, so much so that my doctor decided to test for it. Here is my recent Parathyroid Hormone test results:

PTH, intact: 18 pg/mL (Range: 15-65)

Something doesn't add up. I have almost all the symptoms of hyperparathyroidism according to my doctor. My vitamin D is smack dab in the middle of the range. Calcium is smack dab in the middle of the range. So why is my PTH so low?

SOMO

If 15 is the low range, 14 would be low, but 18 is still within-range.

Also why would you want PTH to be high?

Calcium and Vit D keep PTH low, and since your Calcium and Vit D are in-range, one would expect their PTH to be in-range too.

milkboi

If 15 is the low range, 14 would be low, but 18 is still within-range.

Also why would you want PTH to be high?

Calcium and Vit D keep PTH low, and since your Calcium and Vit D are in-range, one would expect their PTH to be in-range too.

I don‘t think he wants PTH to be higher, but he wonders why it‘s that low because he thought it would be the cause of his symptoms.

mrchibbs

I have many of the symptoms of hyperparathyroidism, so much so that my doctor decided to test for it. Here is my recent Parathyroid Hormone test results:

PTH, intact: 18 pg/mL (Range: 15-65)

Something doesn't add up. I have almost all the symptoms of hyperparathyroidism according to my doctor. My vitamin D is smack dab in the middle of the range. Calcium is smack dab in the middle of the range. So why is my PTH so low?

Remember, this is the ''normal range''. You may want to suppress it even further, as Ray as indicated many times for other tests.
And it would be nice to know what middle of the range means for your vitamin D, are we talking 40ng/ml?

Another pathway is serotonin. Serotonin is basically what drives high PTH, so maybe there is something going on in your gut/digestion that is causing your high parathyroid 'symptoms'.

Doludolu

Interesting, had some of personal bloodwork done too. First time I tested my PTH and interestingly it's even lower than yours.
It was 14.31 ; range also being [ 15 -65 ]. Estradiol was low too, even for a man - perhaps a connection?

I do often experience physical traumas, tendon - ligament - joint problems every now and then. I think every year something when doing sports happens, one trauma after another, even though I'm passionate about sports , activity and physical movement.

Beyond that, I do also have teeth enamel problems, which is on several teeth quite extensively eroded and doesn't seem to be healing (calcium metabolism problems ? ). I suspect that of a certain period when I was eating a lot of unripe fruit and consuming apple cider vinegar without protection. But then again other people do same, drink cokes, eat sugar & syrups and have no teeth problem. Any thoughts?

gaze

Interesting, had some of personal bloodwork done too. First time I tested my PTH and interestingly it's even lower than yours.
It was 14.31 ; range also being [ 15 -65 ]. Estradiol was low too, even for a man - perhaps a connection?

I do often experience physical traumas, tendon - ligament - joint problems every now and then. I think every year something when doing sports happens, one trauma after another, even though I'm passionate about sports , activity and physical movement.

Beyond that, I do also have teeth enamel problems, which is on several teeth quite extensively eroded and doesn't seem to be healing (calcium metabolism problems ? ). I suspect that of a certain period when I was eating a lot of unripe fruit and consuming apple cider vinegar without protection. But then again other people do same, drink cokes, eat sugar & syrups and have no teeth problem. Any thoughts?

how do you feel mentally?

gaze

My guess is PTH suppression is the basic pillar of metabolism, however its only one aspect. The next thing in line would be getting sufficient b vitamins (specifically b6), and quality protein. Although it is strange that you feel bad with those numbers

Doludolu

how do you feel mentally?
I do feel good mostly. Sharp brain, productive, I can put out my thoughts very well. Sometimes though tend to have anxiety or slightly depressed behavior, but that's also due to my environment. Just have teeth enamel / structural (joint) problems.

redsun

I do feel good mostly. Sharp brain, productive, I can put out my thoughts very well. Sometimes though tend to have anxiety or slightly depressed behavior, but that's also due to my environment. Just have teeth enamel / structural (joint) problems.

If you are very active, you may need more copper as copper is important for adrenaline production (adrenaline needed for physical activity). You may be depleting it. Its normal to have joint/connective tissue problems to some degree from so much physical activity, but regardless copper may help that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals