Why Is It So Easy For Teeth To Become Yellow, But So Hard For Them To Become White?

How do you know that?

I've heard this from all my dental assistant family members.
Ok then..there is no currently known pathway that would allow for this to happen. That better?. Like i said, teeth are not really bones so focussing on things which are good for bone health overall does not necessarily translate to being good for teeth. What matters with remineralisation of teeth is the particle size of the minerals to have to be as small as the hydroxyapatite material that make up the dentin and enamel of a tooth. Maybe if you found some angstrom sized minerals and found a surefire way to get them into teeth through trial and error(i'm not sure just keeping them in your mouth would be enough)you might have some luck with getting some density back, but i don't think its possible with dairy, raw or otherwise based on my own trial and error anyways and definitely not coconut oil(lol). i've never seen anything to support that theory other than the WAPF which has its biases. Been down that rabbit hole..wont be doing it again:snooty

Vins7

All clays are abrasive. If you was looking for a clay to remove bacteria then zeolite would make more sense. I wouldn't make that a regular thing though as it is akin to exfoliating, but for teeth, and i doubt that zeolite or any clay for that matter has much effect on the biofilm in the mouth(keyword)

All yellowing of teeth is not created equal. As i pointed out, most of what is being suggested here is for extrinsic staining which is trivial, but the staining you get from stuff like being a longterm smoker, or leaving plaque on your teeth for too long In the longterm, being generally genetically unfortunate in having not much density to your tooth enamel is intrinsic staining. Coconut oil, clay, any other abrasive does nothing for the latter. The reason coconut oil is probably making some peoples teeth seem whiter is it reduces the adherence of soft plaque(keyword) to teeth from the lauric acid most likely, but coconut oil will not and cannot remove intrinsic staining nor will it do anything for gingivitis. That is oxidative stress of the dental pulp itself. There is a species of seaweed that is given to pets that does a similar thing to what coconut oil does and works just as well for humans, just via a different mechanism.

Coconut oil does not "pull"anything from anywhere as lauric acid is not a strong enough antibacterial to break up the complex biofilms that cause calculus and tartar(hard plaque)formulation..you need stuff like Oregano Oil, Neem Oil etc and none of these are something i would mess about with for too long as you will likely just nuke your entire oral biome, but it would make a lot more sense to pull with these than coconut oil. I am not even sure how or why coconut oil became THE oil to pull with as people who practice Ayurvedic "medicine" in India pull with a mix a of sesame seed oil and neem

If i remember correctly, the reason why locally applied hydrogen peroxide gel trays work is it reverses what caused the discolouration in the first place. which is a type of oxidative stress, which may also explain why oregano oil is pretty potent in killing oral biofilms(and your biome with it)since it's such a strong antioxidant
So, is bad for teeth health doing the coconut oil pulling daily?

bornamachine

Oil pulling had a huge following about 10 years ago or so but I've read a report somewhere that it's quite toxic to do it. I read that a long time ago.

Also that it increases tooth Sensitivity.

I've tried it a couple timea and recall an negative reaction but some people say they do it regularly with no issues.

I didn't say it was bad and i am not sure how that was your take away from what i said. All i have said is that coconut oil is not an effective antibacterial when you have an issue with biofilms since the thing that makes coconut oil an antibacterial(monolaurin)is only made with you ingest the MCT's and they are broken down in gastric juices, lysozymes in saliva are not enough to make this process happen, and that it will not do nada for intrinsic tooth staining. If all you are dealing with is superficial staining from coffee etc then coconut oil is just as good as about a bunch of other things at removing soft plaque, but it wont remove tartar

Oil pulling had a huge following about 10 years ago or so but I've read a report somewhere that it's quite toxic to do it. I read that a long time ago.

I've tried it a couple timea and recall an negative reaction but some people say they do it regularly with no issues.
That is ridiculous, how cannot it be toxic? You spit the oil out. I have been doing it for more than ten years because I had bad reactions to every toothpaste.

"A few studies have looked at which oil is best for oil pulling. Some have indicated that coconut oil is a good choice:

• A 2018 study concluded that for reducing the severity of gingivitis, coconut oil pulling is more effective than oil pulling with sesame oil.
  • A 2016 study found that for reducing the bacteria associated with tooth decay (Streptococcus mutans), coconut oil pulling was as effective as the prescription mouthwash chlorhexidine.
  • A 2009 studyTrusted Source highlighted the strong bactericidal properties of lauric acid.
  • A 2017 studyTrusted Source indicated that the lauric acid in coconut oil, when mixed with alkalis in saliva, reduces plaque adhesion and accumulation."

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-223716_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-223716_Samsung Internet.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 9

Yeah it's had a huge following for thousands of years.

"Oil pulling originated in India as part of natural healing practices described in ancient Ayurveda texts, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that was formed around 3,000 to 5,000 years ago."l

I didn't say it was bad and i am not sure how that was your take away from what i said. All i have said is that coconut oil is not an effective antibacterial when you have an issue with biofilms since the thing that makes coconut oil an antibacterial(monolaurin)is only made with you ingest the MCT's and they are broken down in gastric juices, lysozymes in saliva are not enough to make this process happen, and that it will not do nada for intrinsic tooth staining. If all you are dealing with is superficial staining from coffee etc then coconut oil is just as good as about a bunch of other things at removing soft plaque, but it wont remove tartar

"Other at-home remedies for tartar removal include oil pulling..."

That is ridiculous, how cannot it be toxic? You spit the oil out. I have been doing it for more than ten years because I had bad reactions to every toothpaste.

"A few studies have looked at which oil is best for oil pulling. Some have indicated that coconut oil is a good choice:

• A 2018 study concluded that for reducing the severity of gingivitis, coconut oil pulling is more effective than oil pulling with sesame oil.
  • A 2016 study found that for reducing the bacteria associated with tooth decay (Streptococcus mutans), coconut oil pulling was as effective as the prescription mouthwash chlorhexidine.
  • A 2009 studyTrusted Source highlighted the strong bactericidal properties of lauric acid.
  • A 2017 studyTrusted Source indicated that the lauric acid in coconut oil, when mixed with alkalis in saliva, reduces plaque adhesion and accumulation."

The first study is silly since sesame oil is used as a carrier oil in ayurveric practices for neem oil. Nobody to my knowledge who practices that stuff has claimed that sesame seed oil alone is a good antibacterial

The second study in the discussion sights another study where there was no sign of an antibacterial effect when compared with distilled water. Not what i would call conclusive and it's ability to reduce streptococcus mutans is nothing to write home about either. MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of species of bacteria make up the biofilms that cause hard plaque adhesion to teeth, gingivitis, and more seriously periodontitis. Going after one species of bacteria when you have an issue with biofilms is like defeating one soldier in a war and declaring the whole war won. I think there is probably going to be some fallout from using an antibacterial that can only tackle certain bacteria as well. It even says in the discussion that the effect of it dislodging soft plaque could be from the fact it creates a derivative of soap making(sodium laureate( when it reacts with the sodium hydroxide in saliva. That's no different to other saponins you find in most toothpaste which would mean the action is one of mild abrasivity and alkalinity, not an antibacterial.

The third study is about acne. Acne bacteria and bacteria that inhabit an oral biome are not the same and there could be any number of reasons as to why it can reduce acne that don't have anything to do with lauric acid(the lipids for example improving the moisture barrier which would give the skin a natural protective effect from sebum acccumulation)

The fourth is just a general overview of coconut oil in relation to oral health overall parroting most of what the others already do

The first study is silly since sesame oil is used as a carrier oil in ayurveric practices for neem oil. Nobody to my knowledge who practices that stuff has claimed that sesame seed oil alone is a good antibacterial

The second study in the discussion sights another study where there was no sign of an antibacterial effect when compared with distilled water. Not what i would call conclusive and it's ability to reduce streptococcus mutans is nothing to write home about either. MILLIONS if not BILLIONS of species of bacteria make up the biofilms that cause hard plaque adhesion to teeth, gingivitis, and more seriously periodontitis. Going after one species of bacteria when you have an issue with biofilms is like defeating one soldier in a war and declaring the whole war won. I think there is probably going to be some fallout from using an antibacterial that can only tackle certain bacteria as well. It even says in the discussion that the effect of it dislodging soft plaque could be from the fact it creates a derivative of soap making(sodium laureate( when it reacts with the sodium hydroxide in saliva. That's no different to other saponins you find in most toothpaste which would mean the action is one of mild abrasivity, not an antibacterial.

The third study is about acne. Acne bacteria and bacteria that inhabit an oral biome are not the same and there could be any number of reasons as to why it can reduce acne that don't have anything to do with lauric acid(the lipids for example improving the moisture barrier which would give the skin a natural protective effect from sebum acccumulation)

The fourth is just a general overview of coconut oil in relation to oral health overall parroting most of what the others already do
I had dozens of links to choose from, and bottom line is it works. I can't argue with your opinion against my results.

I had dozens of links to choose from, and bottom line is it works. I can't argue with your opinion against my results.
I'm not arguing with your results..all i am saying is that the results you have are not from this supposed strong antibacterial effect of coconut oil you might be attributing it to. It's probably from the physical action of the swishing itself and the saponin like effect of the coconut oil when broken down in saliva.

There is also no "toxins"in the oil. They are perfectly ok to ingest and it would probably be better to do so. If coconut oil was such a strong antibacterial, then why don't these toxins breakdown in the lauric acid. They just suspend themselves in the lipids? How does that make sense to anybody. Coconut oil is a stable oil right so it's not related to a breakdown of the fatty acids in to a more rancid form.

I'm not arguing with your results..all i am saying is that the results you have are not from this supposed strong antibacterial effect of coconut oil you might be attributing it to. It's probably from the physical action of the swishing itself and the saponin like effect of the coconut oil when broken down in saliva.

There is also no "toxins"in the oil. They are perfectly ok to ingest and it would probably be better to do so. If coconut oil was such a strong antibacterial, then why don't these toxins breakdown in the lauric acid. They just suspend themselves in the lipids? How does that make sense to anybody. Coconut oil is a stable oil right so it's not related to a breakdown of the fatty acids in to a more rancid form.
The oil grows in your mouth at first and is disgusting. As time goes by and you do it more often it doesn't increase in volume like the first few times. There is no way one should swallow all that disgust.

"Recent research has shown that coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial action. Therefore, the present was conducted to determine the antibacterial efficacy of coconut oil and to compare it with chlorhexidine."

"The study shows that coconut oil gargling is as effective as using chlorhexidine mouthwash. The combined effect of the emulsification, saponification, and the antimicrobial effects of medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil may be the reason for reduction of S. mutans."

Dave_Fit

I tried the Kuinone last night, seemed to subjectively have a noticeable effect, very interesting. Will try the coconut oil pulling, then brush and follow up with Kuinone to see if anything is more noticeable, need to give this experiment a couple months to test results, gonna take some before and after pics so I have a baseline to compare.

I tried the Kuinone last night, seemed to subjectively have a noticeable effect, very interesting. Will try the coconut oil pulling, then brush and follow up with Kuinone to see if anything is more noticeable, need to give this experiment a couple months to test results, gonna take some before and after pics so I have a baseline to compare.
Thank you! I am anxious for those pics!

Dave_Fit

Thank you! I am anxious for those pics!
I'm hopeful it will work as well as it has for others. I don't like the idea of using harsh chemicals to get whiter teeth, but wish mine were whiter than they are.

I'm hopeful it will work as well as it has for others. I don't like the idea of using harsh chemicals to get whiter teeth, but wish mine were whiter than they are.
It will only improve your oral health. Only do it once a day and don't use toothpaste or anything abrasive right afterwards, just a light brushing.

Dave_Fit

It will only improve your oral health. Only do it once a day and don't use toothpaste or anything abrasive right afterwards, just a light brushing.
Thanks will do!

I tried oil pulling with coconut oil mixed with white kaolin clay, and my teeth are getting whiter faster than when I was oil pulling with just the coconut oil. I guess it's because the absorbent quality of the clay slowly removes stains while the mixture is contacting the teeth for the ~15 minutes of oil pulling. And that slow way of absorbing the stains (assuming it is) also feels gentler on the enamel than brushing with the clay; because lessened abrasivity but still some absorbent effect?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals