Why Is It So Easy For Teeth To Become Yellow, But So Hard For Them To Become White?

RealNeat

Currently experimenting with this:

I have odd reactions to any oil pulling. Like the tissues are bothered by it.

If one continually uses a chew stick throughout the day like the Miswak, there will be no staining to speak of. Will it reverse existing staining superficially? somewhat, but the deep seated stains will likely stay. It'll help prevent more however.

Currently experimenting with this:

I have odd reactions to any oil pulling. Like the tissues are bothered by it.

If one continually uses a chew stick throughout the day like the Miswak, there will be no staining to speak of. Will it reverse existing staining superficially? somewhat, but the deep seated stains will likely stay. It'll help prevent more however.
Miswaks cleaning action is similar to toothpastes since it's mostly the silica which is inherent to it that causes the removal of again soft plaque only. There's a few studies out there that show that people who use Miswak only and don't brush or floss tend to have really terrible gingival health, so that rules out any antibacterial effect again. Chewing neem sticks would probably be better if ya want that since it functions similar to Miswak, but it is also a very potent antibacterial and it probably wont have as much fallout as using pure neem oil itself does.

Most of the benefits from Calcium Therapy stuff seem to be short lived when i experimented with them years ago. He doesn't specify but they are mostly aimed at aftercare for people who have just gone from dental surgery.

RealNeat

Miswaks cleaning action is similar to toothpastes since it's mostly the silica which is inherent to it that causes the removal of again soft plaque only. There's a few studies out there that show that people who use Miswak only and don't brush or floss tend to have really terrible gingival health, so that rules out any antibacterial effect again. Chewing neem sticks would probably be better if ya want that since it functions similar to Miswak, but it is also a very potent antibacterial and it probably wont have as much fallout as using pure neem oil itself does.

Most of the benefits from Calcium Therapy stuff seem to be short lived when i experimented with them years ago. He doesn't specify but they are mostly aimed at aftercare for people who have just gone from dental surgery.
Have you ever tried a Miswak? Neither hydrated silica toothpastes nor neem even come close to the way Miswak cleans. Your teeth are essentially polished from all plaque, nothing I've ever tried cleans like that. Neem may have the chemical power but not the structural effectiveness of the Miswaks bristles.

I think your repeated emphasis on antibacterial action of substances is strange as the oral microbiome should be able to keep bacteria in check, even still Miswak from the peelu tree does have antibacterial action.

Sterilizing the mouth like sterilizing other parts of the body is not the key to gingival health, it's nutrition and some mechanical action to remove the byproducts of bacteria along with proper saliva flow and breathing. (Omitting structural defects at birth)

I will link studies showing how Miswak fairs just as good and even better for people who still use them in many parts of the world (later). I would guess anything against Miswak would be other causes, like improper nutrition in poorer parts of the planet which tend to use them. The only other valid argument against them would be too harsh of use but they are not meant to be jammed into the gums, properly hydrated before use and manicured to keep hygienic.

As far as the calcium institute stuff, I have yet to have a strong opinion of its efficacy, but it's alignment with Rays views sounds good, topical emphasis on calcium is likely good for the cells, reinforcing of the tooth's structure and antibacterial to compromised areas of the mouth. Calcium hydroxyapatite is likely effective for these reasons and it's particle size, but as his CTI book says fluorides "remineralizing" effects need calcium to properly work, however there really is no need for fluoride if calcium is already adequate.

Antiplaque effects and its role in gingival & periodontal health​

Many researchers examined the effects of miswak on gingival and periodontal health. Gazi et al60 observed a significant reduction in gingivitis both buccally (p<0.01) and lingually (p<0.05) after using a miswak 5 times a day compared with a conventional toothbrush. Twice-a-day brushing with a miswak produced a significant reduction in gingivitis buccally (p<0.005) compared with tooth brushing; however, this difference was insignificant on the lingual surfaces. These results imply that using a miswak 5 times a day may offer a suitable alternative to toothbrushing for reducing plaque and gingivitis. Darout et al61 conducted a study in Sudan on 213 males, aged 20-65 years, to evaluate the periodontal status of miswak and toothbrush users. They reported that the periodontal status of miswak users in those Sudanese populations is better than that of toothbrush users. Based on the results of their study, Al-Otaibi et al62 concluded that the miswak is more effective than tooth brushing for reducing plaque and gingivitis when preceded by professional instruction regarding its correct application. The use of Miswak appeared to be more effective than tooth brushing for removing the plaque from the embrasures; thus, enhancing interproximal oral health. Toothpaste containing Salvadora Persica miswak extract was found to be significantly more effective in removing dental plaque when compared with Oral-B toothpaste.12 Al-Lafi and Ababneh63 reported that using chewing sticks twice a day on a regular basis may reduce the incidence of gingivitis and possibly dental caries. Apart from their antibacterial activity, they also inhibit formation and activity of dental plaque and can be used effectively as a natural toothbrush for teeth cleaning.
(A review of the therapeutic effects of using miswak (Salvadora Persica) on oral health)

And as I mentioned (and you mentioned)

But note the lack of full access to this study and this quote in respected to what I highlighted (bold) in the previous study above, "Aggressive or improper toothbrushing techniques may have a detrimental impact on the gingiva."

Last edited:

OccamzRazer

For the small amount that it's worth,

Swishing with coconut oil + Thorne K2 is the only thing that's helped my teeth get whiter.

They are still yellow, tho, so out of semi-desperation I've just begun a low-vA diet.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
For the small amount that it's worth,

Swishing with coconut oil + Thorne K2 is the only thing that's helped my teeth get whiter.

They are still yellow, tho, so out of semi-desperation I've just begun a low-vA diet.
I have always had yellowish teeth. A low vit A diet helped my skin and toenails but my teeth are still yellow. I know someone who drinks several cups of black tea each day and smokes but their teeth have always been white. I do wonder if bones are yellow, too, if teeth are yellow.

OccamzRazer

I have always had yellowish teeth. A low vit A diet helped my skin and toenails but my teeth are still yellow. I know someone who drinks several cups of black tea each day and smokes but their teeth have always been white. I do wonder if bones are yellow, too, if teeth are yellow.
Interesting! A few questions, if you don't mind:

- From what age did you notice the yellow teeth?
- How long have you been low vitamin A?
- Are you still low vitamin A?

I have had the same thoughts regarding teeth -> bone health. Dr. Peat and Haidut have said that teeth health does indeed indicate overall bone health, tho they didn't specifically say that bones would be yellow. If so that would be concerning.

Like you, I've noticed that some people just have white teeth no matter what. I know a girl who drinks tons of coffee and red wine whose teeth have somehow emerged unscathed. It's strange.

Have you noticed that some races tend to have better teeth than others? Black people often have extremely shiny white teeth, even if they aren't all that healthy otherwise.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Interesting! A few questions, if you don't mind:

- From what age did you notice the yellow teeth?
- How long have you been low vitamin A?
- Are you still low vitamin A?

I have had the same thoughts regarding teeth -> bone health. Dr. Peat and Haidut have said that teeth health does indeed indicate overall bone health, tho they didn't specifically say that bones would be yellow. If so that would be concerning.

Like you, I've noticed that some people just have white teeth no matter what. I know a girl who drinks tons of coffee and red wine whose teeth have somehow emerged unscathed. It's strange.

Have you noticed that some races tend to have better teeth than others? Black people often have extremely shiny white teeth, even if they aren't all that healthy otherwise.
I guess I noticed my teeth were more yellow than many people's when I was in my 20s and I am in my 60s now.
I have been eating a low vit A diet for about 3 years. It isn't no vitamin A, but I don't avoid beta carotene now.
And I still eat a low vit A diet.

My teeth and gums are in good shape but just more yellow, which is too bad because I like to wear yellow and the combo is too much sometimes. lol.

I really haven't paid that much attention to other people's teeth unless they stand out for some reason. I did think a girl had great teeth but then learned that she had dentures and she was only 28!

I've always had pretty nice teeth, but after eating a lot of chocolate and drinking coffee, I've noticed they've become more yellow than I would have liked. I'm pretty good with my oral hygiene, and rinse my mouth out with water after eating.

I've become kind of depressed because there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to whiten teeth naturally without damaging them in some way :(
Here’s your white teeth ;)

Well since the video is not available, this is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 clove garlic
1tsp. raw ginger
1tsp. Apple cider vinegar
1tsp. of your toothpaste

Mix together and brush affected area for two minutes

Last edited:

RealNeat

Here’s your white teeth ;)

Well since the video is not available, this is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 clove garlic
1tsp. raw ginger
1tsp. Apple cider vinegar
1tsp. of your toothpaste

Mix together and brush affected area for two minutes
Sounds like a great way to erode enamel, I wouldn't recommend this. Too acidic, it's following the same concepts as commercial whiteners, compromising the integrity of the tooth for color.

Sounds like a great way to erode enamel, I wouldn't recommend this. Too acidic, it's following the same concepts as commercial whiteners, compromising the integrity of the tooth for color.
Well, that’s what the woman in the video said worked. I tried posting the video but it said it isn’t available. Anyway, if I was really concerned about yellow teeth it might be worth trying it a time or two.

Luis_Marrafon

I have an ebook on this - I'll share it for free if you dm me.

The short is it doesn't matter what you consume - daily coconut oil pulling for at least 5 minutes will keep your teeth pristine and make them look spectacular without appearing artificially bleached.

For context, I consume 10-12 cups of coffee and a 1/4 bar of chocolate daily and *might* brush once at nighttime. I get complemented at least weekly on my teeth. You have to maintain the habit for months for best results, but you'll notice changes in a week or two.
You mean just using coconut oil as a mouthwash? I'm not an English speaker. Can't understand what "coconut oil pulling" means. :(

Last edited:

Kray

Careful with that Ellie protocol you can read my experience from my replies on other thread I don't want to retype it but think twice before using closys

About whitening, you can whiten your teeth easy, just get any toothpaste that uses soda as the scrubbing compound, of course after a while youll realize that the the pearly whites are getting sensitive because you are taking so much enamel off! Once in a while may be on, idk

Also if you have teeth mineralization issues look into phytic phytate in diet especially oats, can cause issues
According to the Closys rep I spoke with by phone, the chlorine dioxide in their formula is not the same as what is used in teeth whitening products, which are reported as causing problems. I use the Closys Ultra Sensitive and have not noticed any problems. Would you mind linking the thread you mentioned? Thanks-

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals