Why Is It IMPOSSIBLE To POOP After 6pm?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So lately I've been trying to biohack this annoying dillema.

I go to the toilet every morning to do my business. I may also go again early morning. But, I have found this to be quite common that most people (myself included) find it IMPOSSIBLE to defecate after 6pm/at night.

Even though you can literally feel like it's waiting to be evacuated, there are literally no contractions/action. So sadly, I always have to wait til the following morning, which is not healthy for my prostate.

Anyone figure out the MECHANISM behind this?

Would love to know if there are others also having the same "issue".

Cheers all!

fradon

has to do with your parasympathetic system...by the end of the day your cortisol is higher and more into the sympathetic nervous system. to defecate you require to be calmed and relaxed...if you try to force it you can get hemoroids.

DaveFoster

has to do with your parasympathetic system...by the end of the day your cortisol is higher and more into the sympathetic nervous system. to defecate you require to be calmed and relaxed...if you try to force it you can get hemoroids.
Cortisol's lower in the latter part of the day.

Stilgar

A dose of cascara in the morning could help. Fatty food at night helps me, or avoiding food generally after 6pm. Tobacco works at night in emergencies if you are really uncomfortable.

But best to find a diet that keeps your guts flowing regardless of time and stop eating the constipating foods.

fradon

Cortisol's lower in the latter part of the day.

BS in a testtube maybe but not in the real world...you come home from hard job, skipped a few meals cortisol is through the roof...I am less stressed in the morning (low cortisol) and more stressed after my day(high cortisol) the only reason cortisol is high in the morning is because it breaks down fat and sugar to burn while you sleep. but normally people wake up in a parasympathetic state and go to the bathroom with no problem. trying to take a dump after a hard day is nearly impossible when stressed out.

but we're talking parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system here and the sympathetic nervous system raises cortisol because its a stress hormone. chugging down a bunch of glucose will raise your insulin to bring down cortisol.

So lately I've been trying to biohack this annoying dillema.

I go to the toilet every morning to do my business. I may also go again early morning. But, I have found this to be quite common that most people (myself included) find it IMPOSSIBLE to defecate after 6pm/at night.

Even though you can literally feel like it's waiting to be evacuated, there are literally no contractions/action. So sadly, I always have to wait til the following morning, which is not healthy for my prostate.

Anyone figure out the MECHANISM behind this?

Would love to know if there are others also having the same "issue".

Cheers all!
It's an old thread, but still gonna put my answer here anyway ^_^
I think it has to do with intestinal inflammation. Many, if not most, people nowadays have some form of it. A bloated abdomen is a very good indication that something isn't right. For most of my life I had constipation and a bloated belly( with very little fat in it). About two years ago, I started using methods to lower the inflammation, but by far the biggest sucess was when I started using cyproheptadine in high doses(12mg per day usually). I started on it in the end of the last year. It made me a little constipated at first, but on the second day of usage I was having at least two bowel movements: one in the morning and one at night. It really was a game changer. I think many, if not all, of the problems I have today could have been avoided if I had taken this drug much earlier. Ending intestinal inflammation should make you be able to poop even when it's night.

marsaday

I seem to go after breakfast and quite often just before bed. So no issues for me.

I dissgree the issue is cortisol related.

The cortisol curve starts high in the morning and drops all daily to be the lowest at bedtime.

Yes this curve gets disrupted with life, so if you struggle to get to sleep it is probably elevated cortisol.

The curve can also start out lower than it should be and rises in the day and then will be higher in the evening more than normal. This indicates a dysfunctional thyroid issue where a person is not making enough thyroid hormone when sleeping and so the body compensated with higher cortisol.

Maybe it's related to serotonin. Although a big wave of serotonin can cause a bowel movement, if it's present in high concentrations, it will eventually inflammate the bowels and make it harder to poop. If the metabolism is high( thyroid, low stress hormones, etc.), then the contractions of the muscles of the intestinal walls will be powerful and reliable, with no need of lots of serotonin.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I think it has to do with intestinal inflammation. Many, if not most, people nowadays have some form of it. A bloated abdomen is a very good indication that something isn't right. For most of my life I had constipation and a bloated belly( with very little fat in it). About two years ago, I started using methods to lower the inflammation, but by far the biggest sucess was when I started using cyproheptadine in high doses(12mg per day usually). I started on it in the end of the last year. It made me a little constipated at first, but on the second day of usage I was having at least two bowel movements: one in the morning and one at night. It really was a game changer. I think many, if not all, of the problems I have today could have been avoided if I had taken this drug much earlier. Ending intestinal inflammation should make you be able to poop even when it's night.

Maybe it's related to serotonin. Although a big wave of serotonin can cause a bowel movement, if it's present in high concentrations, it will eventually inflammate the bowels and make it harder to poop. If the metabolism is high( thyroid, low stress hormones, etc.), then the contractions of the muscles of the intestinal walls will be powerful and reliable, with no need of lots of serotonin.

Thank you for this great description of serotonin and inflammation in the gut.

tankasnowgod

I think you're on the right track. In addition to serotonin, it could also be related to endotoxin, the majority of both of those substances are produced in the gut. I think another huge issue is iron fortification. Iron promotes bacterial growth like no other mineral, and would certainly increase both serotonin and endotoxin. Also, most fortification is just tiny iron shavings, which you can even extract from breakfast cereals with a magnet by making a slurry. So, on top of the end products, you also get many tiny foreign bodies slicing up the gut from all sides. Perfect recipe for constipation and inflammation.

I think you're on the right track. In addition to serotonin, it could also be related to endotoxin, the majority of both of those substances are produced in the gut. I think another huge issue is iron fortification. Iron promotes bacterial growth like no other mineral, and would certainly increase both serotonin and endotoxin. Also, most fortification is just tiny iron shavings, which you can even extract from breakfast cereals with a magnet by making a slurry. So, on top of the end products, you also get many tiny foreign bodies slicing up the gut from all sides. Perfect recipe for constipation and inflammation.
Yeah, breakfast cereals have always been one of the most constipating foods for me and the ones I have seen are all fortified with iron.

tomisonbottom

12mg didn't make you feel like a zombie?

Did you take anything to raise dopamine in the meantime?

12mg didn't make you feel like a zombie?

Did you take anything to raise dopamine in the meantime?
Initially, I felt kind of slow and very sleepy, and it was hard staying awake after 8 mg but after just a week or two, the sleepiness went away and it just made me really calm.
I do eat a high protein diet, and that means a lot of phenylalanine, which is the precursor of dopamine, and I use taurine, which also increases this neurotransmiter as well, so maybe I would have felt kinda bad if I was using large doses of cypro without doing these things

tomisonbottom

Initially, I felt kind of slow and very sleepy, and it was hard staying awake after 8 mg but after just a week or two, the sleepiness went away and it just made me really calm.
I do eat a high protein diet, and that means a lot of phenylalanine, which is the precursor of dopamine, and I use taurine, which also increases this neurotransmiter as well, so maybe I would have felt kinda bad if I was using large doses of cypro without doing these things

Interesting. What made you go up to 12mg?

Did you work up to that dose?

Dave Clark

People tend to not drink much caffeine after 6 pm, and caffeine tends to stimulate the bowels in a lot of people.

Interesting. What made you go up to 12mg?

Did you work up to that dose?
Bascially, I was stuck in a state of constant stress response. That means high cortisol, adrenalin, serotonin, etc. all the time since always pretty much, even when I was very young. That affected everything in a bad way, from sleep to bowel movements to digestion to mood etc. I reasoned that low doses wouldn't be enough to help me heal from problems that had been chronic for so long, that's why I decided going hard on the cypro.

I kinda worked it up to 12mg, since on the first day I used 4 mg, and then in the next day, I increased it to 4 mg every 8 hours for a total of 12 mg per day. So I worked it up very quickly.

dlind70

Ideally you should be able to poop at 6 but this is actually the kidney time of the day your kidneys are most active. You could try to activate the kidneys at exactly 6:30 by drinking cranberry juice and or high potassium juice like pomegranate.

Dave Clark

You should not rely on caffeine to have regular bowel movements.
Agreed. Just noting that since people tend to 'not' drink caffeine after 6 pm, and that caffeine can/does stimulate bowel movement, this could be an additional reason why people do not have the 'tendency' to defecate after 6 pm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals