Why Is Drinking Alcohol Estrogenic?

Vinero

Yeast convert sugars to ethanol, and use estradiol as their reproductive hormone.
All alcoholic drinks thus contain estradiol.
Metabolizing alcohol also depletes ATP and vitamin B1.

People have very different reactions to alcohol.
Some people can drink like a fish every day and experience little negative side effects.
Some people get headaches and anxiety after 2 drinks.
I think it's a sign of liver health if you can drink large amounts of alcohol and get no bad effects.
For example, some people can get totally wasted in the evening,
and the next morning they go to the gym to lift weights or workout.

Last edited:

jandrade1997

Also alcohol dramatically increases the absorption of endotoxin in the gut. This is primarily what causes the inflammation and then cirrhosis of the liver.

ddjd

Take some Androsterone before drinking and you'll feel a lot better

livesimply

What would Androsterone offer?

ratstrain

Estrogen can accumulate if the liver has a hard time metabolizing it. Another thing is that the aromatization of androgen to estrogen could increase in order to accelerate the metabolism of alcohol.

On the other hand, as alcohol increases beta-endorphin and prolactin, it tends to suppress the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis and this lowers estrogen production.

sladerunner69

Take some Androsterone before drinking and you'll feel a lot better

Don't do this unless you want to experience a godawful headache after your first beer. I made this mistake once and had such a terrible headache I couldn't fall asleep until the following morning. Luckily I had not work obligations that day.

Androsterone stimulates GABA, and alcohol even more so, and that is why haduit EXPLICITLY STATED NOT TO CONSUME ANDROSTERONE WITH ALCOHOL. That is written right in his androsterone thread, I am surprised anyone missed it.

ddjd

Don't do this unless you want to experience a godawful headache after your first beer. I made this mistake once and had such a terrible headache I couldn't fall asleep until the following morning. Luckily I had not work obligations that day.

Androsterone stimulates GABA, and alcohol even more so, and that is why haduit EXPLICITLY STATED NOT TO CONSUME ANDROSTERONE WITH ALCOHOL. That is written right in his androsterone thread, I am surprised anyone missed it.
Sorry I had no idea about this. I naturally have quite low GABA levels so makes sense as to why I only saw an improvement. Obviously i was thinking moreso about its strong anti estrogen effects

sladerunner69

Sorry I had no idea about this. I naturally have quite low GABA levels so makes sense as to why I only saw an improvement. Obviously i was thinking moreso about its strong anti estrogen effects

Interestingly enough I have always suspected I suffered from low GABA levels as well, although I have no proof. I am quite easily prone to anxiety and difficulty falling asleep. When I was taking andro I could get quite irritable in higher doses. When I drink alcohol alone, I usually have fairly intense and vivid visuals when I close my eyes and try to sleep. When I did both, I experienced some of the most intense mental discomfort Ive ever had.

livesimply

As do I! How about upping b1 on days one drinks, and taking milk thistle supplements?

I miss my daily red wine also. :(

Any comments on the suggestion about upping b1 and adding in milk thistle?

Runenight201

No supplement advice but drink it with a filling meal?

Same principle as coffee.

Toast, butter, eggs, oj, milk, and coffee all combine very well in my experience.

Meat, potatoes, red wine, dinner of medieval kings =P

livesimply

and all my Italian ancestors of years past...:rolleyes: I may have to allow myself that glass again!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals