Why I Think Coconut Milk Is Superior To VCO

yerrag

I asked Peat if coconut oil has vitamin E, and he says there's none because whatever vitamin E there is, it is a by-product of processing to make coconut oil from mature coconut flesh.

Coconut milk is the liquid that comes off grated coconut flesh that's been pressed. Therefore, it would contain Vitamin E. Because there is about 4% PUFA in virgin coconut oil, nature provides some vitamin E with it to counter the ill effects of PUFA. I think that as a rule, more vitamin E is present when a whole food contains plenty of PUFAs. Which is why plenty of vitamin E is derived from plants that contain plenty of PUFAs.

This is the downside of processed oils - pretty much all the vitamin E is absent to counter the ill effects of PUFAs. The worst are truly PUFA oils such as soy, corn, and canola. With virgin coconut oil, a fraction of PUFA it contains is still harmful, but to a lesser degree given that most of the oil is saturated. But for the fraction of PUFA it contains, there is no vitamin E to mitigate the harm. This is why many consider fully hydrogenated coconut oil to be nore healthful to consume than virgin coconut oil, even if it is heavily processed.

I think that if coconut milk can be packaged and shipped frozen in a tetra brik pack, a market can be developed for this product. Since I live in the Philippines, a major coconut oil source, I only get fresh coconut milk in a public market, pour them into ice cube trays, and use these coconut milk cubes for snacks, and for mixing with my milk, or even to make Bullet Coffee.

There are coconut milk in cans from Thailand, but most contain preservatives. I would not recommend using these.

Would you be interested in buying coconut milk with minimal processing and additives?

I think not. It's more practical to just use fully hydrogenated coconut oil or just supplement with a tad of vitanin E when cosnuming VCO.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals